XBOX ONE X SHUTTING DOWN WITH VENTILATION ISSUE ERROR FOR RE7

Discus and support XBOX ONE X SHUTTING DOWN WITH VENTILATION ISSUE ERROR FOR RE7 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One X “Project Scorpio” Edition will not run RE7 for some reason. Goes through all the loading screens and then causes my Xbox to shut down... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UncleSlime, May 4, 2021 at 11:52 AM.

1. UncleSlime
    UncleSlime Guest

My Xbox One X “Project Scorpio” Edition will not run RE7 for some reason. Goes through all the loading screens and then causes my Xbox to shut down with a ventilation issue error. Plays anything else i throw at it with no problems, even played the RE8 demo, but for whatever reason when i boot up RE7, after the loading screens, the fans kick into hyperdrive for a split second and then it shuts off. Super annoying. Its in a well ventilated area, the vents have been vacuumed, so im kinda at a loss. Anyone know what might be at play here?

:)

2. Northern Lass Win User

Xbox one x over heating

Thanks for the tips my Xbox One X shut down twice over the last week mid game. I need to improve ventilation and give it a good clean I think.
  3. Mallytron Win User

Xbox one “ Ventilation” error and shutting down

So i took apart the case and vacuumed out the entire unit, which had very little dust and seemingly none at all inside. I since have rebooted and attempted to update the software, and after about 5-6 minutes it shuts down. I reboot it again and it works
    for a minute then again shuts down, this time when rebooting, the error appears Same as previously posted. “Ventilation”

Im stumped.

this unit has been well cared for and minimally used. Kept of open air flow area with no obstruction, and the unit has always worked flawlessly previous to this.
  4. Lovechaser Win User

Xbox one “ Ventilation” error and shutting down

Hi!

Since you say your Xbox has had little use overtime, it may have collected dust and it's placement is affecting the ventilation of the console, I would suggest vacuuming the ventilation areas and if required, clean the xbox from the inside by opening it
    up, though you may lose your warranty protection by doing such.

Consider the placement of the Xbox One, it requires reasonable room to ventilate efficiently, simply doing this may fix the concern.
  5. pawncrackers Win User

Xbox One X - Shuts down due to ventilation.

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear about your console issues. My best advice would be to purchase an air can, and when the console is unplugged from the mains, to use the can on the power supply vents and console vents, to clear anything that may be constricting the
    airflow. Also, try following the troubleshooting steps on this page, to see if anything improves the situation: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/ventilation

If you continue to run into issues with your console, it may need to be sent in for repair. You can start a new service order, here: https://devicesupport.microsoft.com/

Hope this helps and that you get your console up and running again!

L
  6. StoneCold X Win User

Xbox one x turns off trying to play 2k games

I am having the same problem with NBA 2K20 and only this game. I can't get passed halftime in a game without the my Xbox One X completely shutting down. When I turn the Xbox One X back on, I get a message that it shutdown to prevent overheating. The console
    is in a well ventilated open space.

I have zero issues with any other game or app.
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE X SHUTTING DOWN WITH VENTILATION ISSUE ERROR FOR RE7 - Similar Threads - SHUTTING DOWN VENTILATION

2. Xbox One X Shuts down due to "Lack Of ventilation"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Shuts down due to "Lack Of ventilation": Title sums up the issue instantly, when running "Borderlands 3" "World Of Tanks With HDR Enabled" and Very recently "Ark, Survival Evolved Genesis DLC" my xbox will shutdown completely without...
  3. Xbox one “ Ventilation” error and shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one “ Ventilation” error and shutting down: [img] My xbox one is barely used and only a few years old. Its giving the message that its overheating and warns about ventilation and is shutting down but the unit is not even warm. at this...
  4. Xbox 1 x shutting down. When booting back up it said it had a ventilation issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 1 x shutting down. When booting back up it said it had a ventilation issue: As subject. My project scorpio xb1, shuts down while playing destiny2. When booted back up it said I had a ventilation issue. I can safely say that there is nothing blocking the vents, plenty of...
  5. Xbox One X shuts down due to “lack of ventilation”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X shuts down due to “lack of ventilation”: My launch Xbox One X has recently started shutting off in the middle of me playing. It has happened on several different games. Upon restarting my console it says its a self protection measure to...
  6. Is there any way to disable the auto shut down for when your xbox has insufficient ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way to disable the auto shut down for when your xbox has insufficient ventilation: My xbox keeps turning its self off for having insufficient ventilation even though it has alot of space around it is there any way to disable this? 8fa0ddc9-a306-4b3b-b4e6-bfbc2cefd650
  7. One game keeps shutting down the Xbox saying it has poor ventilation

in XBoX Accessibility
    One game keeps shutting down the Xbox saying it has poor ventilation: Downloaded nba 2k19 yesterday which downloaded fine but when I select a certain mode on the game it just shuts the console down saying it had poor ventilation(it doesnt) and I have even moved the...
  8. How to fix or reset 360 after it shuts it self down bc of ventilation issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix or reset 360 after it shuts it self down bc of ventilation issue.: My xbox360 starts up fine then the power light turns red and blinks after about ten minutes of powered on. On the screen it says that it is powering its self off until the ventilation is cleared....
  9. Xbox 360 E shutting down due to "insufficient ventilation", fan doesnt work/ underperforms

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 E shutting down due to "insufficient ventilation", fan doesnt work/ underperforms: My Xbox 360 E is shutting down due to "insufficient ventilation" after a couple of minutes being on, even though both the console and the power supply are in well-ventilated spots. Fan doesn't...
  10. Xbox One X - Shuts down due to ventilation.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Shuts down due to ventilation.: I recently bought my Xbox One X from a friend (barey used, he bought it from best buy). He owned it for two weeks and it was in pristine condition. I’ve had it for a little over a month now and...