Xbox one x - something went wrong - endless loop, factory reset

Discus and support Xbox one x - something went wrong - endless loop, factory reset in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My son was playing minecraft, I told him to shut it off for dinner. He uses the power button on the front (I've told him to use the standby function... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/somberharlequin, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Xbox one x - something went wrong - endless loop, factory reset

My son was playing minecraft, I told him to shut it off for dinner. He uses the power button on the front (I've told him to use the standby function holding down the guide button, but he's upset so...) the xbox makes some weird loading sounds, stays on for a bit then shuts off.

Obviously concerned I go to check it out, power it back on, says something went wrong E202. eventually I go online, E202 is not listed, but I try everything under E200. I restart, Same issue. I reset keeping games, same issue. I reset deleting everything, it doesn't seem to work and just reboots back to the troubleshooting page E202. Bought a flash drive, downloaded the files for the software update, tried that again doesn't seem to recognize the files (i guess?) It goes to a "prepare" screen for a second then reboots to troubleshooting screen, this time E101. If I try anything else it reboots to E202 again.

I can't afford to replace it right now, just sold my ps4 and switch in August actually to help cover some bills as I had a massive increase to one of my monthly expenses, plus the holidays are coming and I've got 4 kids. The repair is also 250 and not affordable in the forceable future. I just want to factory reset the console and get it working again. Does anyone know of a way to do this manually with out additional software or inputs?

I'm aware the power button wasn't likely the issue, I don't know what caused the problem, I just know my xbox doesn't work anymore, I can't afford to have it repaired or replaced and I really want to play outer worlds. (Still have six months on my "game pass ultimate" that are just burning away) I just sold my ps4, my switch and all but one of our TVs because of an unexpected financial issue with the intent on only keeping the xbox one x, as it was my newest and most played console. It doesn't make any sense that it's not booting, and honestly I don't think it's fair. I've been nothing but kind to my xbox.

This is a repost from r/xboxone where people had the heart to help, but not the help I needed. Hoping someone here might.

submitted by /u/somberharlequin
    [link] [comments]

/u/somberharlequin, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Raglan Lads Win User

Unable to view achievements

I've done a factory reset and it's not worked. I can no longer view achievements on the smartglass app or the windows 10 app either

Smartglass - "Something went wrong when loading this section"

Windows 10 - "Something went wrong with loading this data. Invalid pointer"

Xbox One - "Cannot view achievements at this time. Please try again later"
  3. Brian Lane Win User

Issues with 10.0.10586.1202?

For completeness sake, when attempting an update with the system update offline diagnostic tool i received the following

"

Something went wrong

-> Continue

System Error: E101 00000503 80070570

"

Then, when trying to factory reset

"

Something went wrong

o Restart this Exbox

! Troubleshoot (reset or update this xbox)

System Error: E102 00000007 8B060008

"
  4. murdah4funn510 Win User

Xbox One X - Something went wrong

My xbox did the same at first wouldn't load home menu so I held xbox button to reset and now it won't boot up. Xbox light on console stays on and light on control turns on and off. My TV says no cable connected. Currently on hold with xbox support. This
    sucks.
  5. aMexicanErb Win User

Xbox One X - Something went wrong

Hey Bosh7817,

That I hate hearing this is happening to you hopefully the information that Geth gave you will fix the issue if not I would recommend then putting in a request for repairs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices
  6. Svissloki Win User

Xbox One X "Something went wrong"

thanks again Nozzle, i tried all those things and nothing worked.

when i had an xbox one S, i had lots of problems also and xbox support told me to send it in for a repair... so that would leave me with no xbox console for weeks and i would also have to pay for the postage!

..sorry its just not acceptable. Microsoft treats its customers with such high disrespect, i wonder why they have any.

I'm never ever buying xbox again, and like i said, I'm done with gaming, i will however be putting all my energy into persuading game developers and publishers not to work with microsoft... i have some pretty strong arguments against microsoft and evidence
    to back it up - xbox have picked the wrong guy to upset.

At this juncture, even if Microsoft offered me a million £, i would not stop my campaign of warfare against them ...they will lose millions after i am finished with them.

An advanced SEO strategist is the worst enemy to have, and thats me, and I'm starting a movement.
Thema:

Xbox one x - something went wrong - endless loop, factory reset

1. Xbox one x - something went wrong - endless loop, factory reset - Similar Threads - something went wrong

2. "something went wrong" not going away.

in XBoX Accessibility
    "something went wrong" not going away.: I am trying to log into halo master chief collection for the first time and after a few wrong passwords i got the "something went wrong. There is a problem with your Microsoft account. To fix this...
  3. Minecraft Realms (Switch) Something Went Wrong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Realms (Switch) Something Went Wrong: Hi I keep getting this error (Sorry, we are unable to complete your purchase. Maybe check your internet connection?) when trying to purchase a realm. This is my first time trying to make one. I...
  4. Disney+ Xbox One App 'Sorry something went wrong. Please try again later' w/ no error code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disney+ Xbox One App 'Sorry something went wrong. Please try again later' w/ no error code: I've been struggling to access my Disney+ account from the Xbox One app. I was able to access my Disney+ account from other devices with no issue. Contacted Disney and they attempted to help and...
  5. something went wrong - (ssFXTe7kx9avkCEA.4.1)

in XBoX on Mobile
    something went wrong - (ssFXTe7kx9avkCEA.4.1): Nokia 8 running Android 9 I haven't been able to login on both xbox and game pass apps for about a month. I've tried: - uninstalling and reinstalling both apps. - logging out of MS...
  6. Does anyone else in Alpha Skip Ahead get the "Sorry something went wrong" error when...

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone else in Alpha Skip Ahead get the "Sorry something went wrong" error when...: Title. I tried to start Madden 20 tonight and it didn't even attempt to load it. It showed the splash screen for less than a second and then showed me the error, then when I went to start it again...
  7. "something went wrong"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "something went wrong": I cant sign in to my xbox account in minecraft pe i tried changing the password and updating my phone and uninstalling minecraft but nothing works what should i do ?...
  8. something went wrong - (5T6YpGjyINXvzny8.4.1)

in XBoX on Mobile
    something went wrong - (5T6YpGjyINXvzny8.4.1): Nokia 8 TA-1052 Android 9 Xbox app and gamepass app issues when attempting to sign in. In the Xbox app it says "something went wrong - (5T6YpGjyINXvzny8.4.1)" Annoying that i cant copy and...
  9. Oops - Something went wrong

in XBoX on Windows
    Oops - Something went wrong: I've been trying to play games on the Xbox beta for a couple of weeks now but every time I go on it, it says theres an error with my account and to sign in, even though I'm already signed into it....
  10. Something went wrong...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Something went wrong...: Hello, Today I turned on my xbox and it was updating, after getting to about 95% I got a something went wrong message, and attempted to restart it about 10 times. I then tried using the offline...