Xbox One X SSD Problem

Discus and support Xbox One X SSD Problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A week ago I bought WD Blue 1TB SSD, because I wanted to update my Xbox One X game reload speed. I installed a few games (Borderlands 3, Borderlands... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fin hiivasieni, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Xbox One X SSD Problem

A week ago I bought WD Blue 1TB SSD, because I wanted to update my Xbox One X game reload speed.

I installed a few games (Borderlands 3, Borderlands 2, Minecraft Dungeon and Tomb Raider Rise of the Tomb Raider), I tested the game starting speed and saved games speeds built-in hard drive and external SSD.

Summary

There was no difference between internal hdd or external ssd startup and download speed??

I've tested the SSD disk manufacturer's own application, disk firmware is up to date, and the disc itself is 100% okay.

SSD Specs

WD Blue 1TB SSD

Read speed 545 MB/s

Write speed 525 MB/s

Internal HDD specs

Seagate Mobile HDD 1TB

SN: WDES3DRE

Part number: 1RK172-123

WWW: 5000C500AC42268B

Read speed 150? MB/s

Write speed 150? MB/s

PS

SSD is in a USB 3.0 compatible enclosure that is attached to the Xbox one X usb 3.0 cable.

So I need help, to get this problem fixed

Regards

Jari Ketonen

Finland

:)

fin hiivasieni, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Fissum Win User

SSD drive on XBOX One X

I have the same problem. The xbox one x finds the SSD and I can see in the games & apps menu that a big part of the SSD is full of data, but the games doesn't show.

In addition to this, the wireless network connection stops working when I hook the SSD up with one or the other of the USB ports in the back of the xbox one x.

It works just fine on my old xbox one.
  3. Capitain Gonzo Win User

My XBOX one S only connect to new SSID of wifi

If you have an external HDD or SSD directly on your console. At least with the XBOX One X it helped me to put the external drive further away and I had no login problems with my Wi-Fi

There is a known problem with USB3 and the WLAN chip of the XBOX One X. This may also apply to the XBOX One S
  4. JD384 Win User

Xbox One Installation Stopped External Hard Drive

Hi, I had the same problem with an external ssd on my xbox one x. Did a secure erase and a ntfs format. Works fine now and superfast too.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Will the Xbox Series X be able to use my external SSD

An SSD provides more storage space not memory and yes you will be able to use it to store Xbox One and games for Xbox 360. Xbox Series X games are required to be on the internal SSD storage or the add on 1TB SSD storage that plugs into the unit.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
Thema:

Xbox One X SSD Problem

1. Xbox One X SSD Problem - Similar Threads - SSD Problem

2. installed games to external ssd. games wont do updates

in XboX Insiders
    installed games to external ssd. games wont do updates: i did everything you suppose to. but games wont update submitted by /u/firedrakes [link] [comments]
  3. Error 0x87e00002 when tried to transfer a game from Series X Internal SSD to external HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x87e00002 when tried to transfer a game from Series X Internal SSD to external HDD: Hi, With the limited space available on Xbox Series X SSD, I wanted to transfer several of my biggest games that I don't play at the moment to my Seagate external HDD but always had the same...
  4. XsX - Seagate SSD Expansion disconnecting Wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    XsX - Seagate SSD Expansion disconnecting Wireless controller: I have an Xbox Series X and have just bought the Seagate 1TB SSD expansion. When i insert the SSD expansion, my Wireless controller is disconnected and cannot be reconnected until the SSD...
  5. Xbox one S ssd drives problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one S ssd drives problem: Hi i have an Xbox one s with 3 ssd drives connected to the 3 usb ports. Every time i power on the console, only the drive connected to usb port 1 turns on, and i have to manually disconnect and...
  6. Problems installing and updating games with external ssd

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems installing and updating games with external ssd: Hello, I i staklwd a 4TB SSD in my Xbox one S, to have enough space, bowever im having issues, having to reinstall games and dlcs, like battlefield 4, eas works mg, for some reason something got...
  7. External SSD Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    External SSD Problems: I’ve recently brought a Samsung T7 Touch 500gb for use on the OG Xbox One and some games such as Kingdom Come Deliverence, GTA V and Forza Horizon 4 are having problems. KCD background music will...
  8. Original xbox one external ssd problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original xbox one external ssd problems: Hello, everyone I want to ask a question; About 4 months ago I turned an extra pc ssd into an external drive using a case and then formatted it and it got working, but last weeks I've been having...
  9. Problem with actual Skip Ahead Build and external HDD 8HDD not SSD)

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with actual Skip Ahead Build and external HDD 8HDD not SSD): So, with the actual Skip Ahead Build i have/had a strange issue. 3 Times after booting my Console all Games that i have installed on external HDD where gone. The HDD worked, the HDD was full but,...
  10. Exteral ssd causes many problems... any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Exteral ssd causes many problems... any ideas?: have two different external USB drives. 512 gb ssd and when connected nothing seems to work. Any ides??? Mostly having connection problems. 0075581c-1a52-41d5-b7e4-620387bd4424