XBOX ONE X standard exchange: will I get a new console or a repaired one

Discus and support XBOX ONE X standard exchange: will I get a new console or a repaired one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i have a non functioning xbox one x (I have tried everything: osu...) and I want to have it repaired by microsoft. My only option is standard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KrisztiánPanyik, Mar 3, 2021.

1. XBOX ONE X standard exchange: will I get a new console or a repaired one

So i have a non functioning xbox one x (I have tried everything: osu...) and I want to have it repaired by microsoft. My only option is standard exchange. my question is: if I do that will I get an entirely new console, with warranty or will i just get a console which was sent in by someone else and repaired?

:)

KrisztiánPanyik, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Bergatron9000 Win User

When my one x was having booting issues, I brought it to a Microsoft store. The girl grabbed a brand new one, opened the box, and swapped the consoles. Mailing it in? I have no idea.
  3. oOSeCuRiTyXx Win User

Noise with Xbox one X

My original Xbox One X had a faulty fan and made a strange buzzing sound in the back right corner. Following advice from Xbox Support I was told to either exchange the console or send in for repair. I exchanged the console at the retailer and the new one
    is almost silent and I think could even be quieter than the Xbox One. My advice would be to speak to Xbox Support and either exchange with retailer or send in for repair.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox 360 S same unit repair

"Standard exchange" would mean that they're exchanging your console for a different one.

"Same unit repair" means they are repairing the console you sent in, and they will send you the same console back.

In the US, I believe the turnaround time (for either case) is around 2-4 weeks.
  5. UpfrontOrb07296 Win User

Xbox 360 S same unit repair

"Standard exchange" would mean that they're exchanging your console for a different one.

"Same unit repair" means they are repairing the console you sent in, and they will send you the same console back.

In the US, I believe the turnaround time (for either case) is around 2-4 weeks.
    Thank you very much for your answer
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox one s turns off a few minutes after turning it on

This points to either an overheating issue, or a power supply failure. (relevant support article)

If ventilating the console doesn't help, the console will likely need to be exchanged or repaired. Since you only bought it a couple months ago, it should still be covered under the manufacturer's warranty (standard one year). First
    check with the store if they have a return/exchange policy, and see if you can exchange your console for a working one. If this is not possible, then you can try to schedule a repair with Microsoft here: https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE X standard exchange: will I get a new console or a repaired one - Similar Threads - standard exchange console

2. Service Order for In Warranty - Standard Exchange, cancelled? Why? Where is my device?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Service Order for In Warranty - Standard Exchange, cancelled? Why? Where is my device?: I am a 39 year old gamer, who treats his devices with respect. My wife bought me an Elite 2 Controller back in December 2019 and the warranty is still valid until December 2020. Towards the end of...
  3. Xbox elite series 2 standard exchange.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 standard exchange.: I sent my elite series 2 off for stick drift and my replacement arrived with a faulty left stick. Huge deadzone and wouldn't always return to centre. Resent it back off and DHL says it was...
  4. Standard Exchange

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Standard Exchange: Ok I got a question my original Xbox One the HDMI is not working no longer and I went to log on to my account do a service and repair and the only thing coming up is a standard exchange 202...
  5. Question about xbox standard exchange.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about xbox standard exchange.: My xbox one x project scorpio console began to develop problems during the middle of last December. It initially would freeze while attempting to to load games, it got to the point where it...
  6. Standard Exchang x1x in Russia ����

in XBoX on Consoles
    Standard Exchang x1x in Russia ����: Hi, l have start rhe Standard Exchang number [Mod Removed-Don't post service numbers] but i dont have in mail this: You will receive a message with a prepaid transport label, which must be printed...
  7. no other option left - standard exchange

in XBoX on Consoles
    no other option left - standard exchange: well I tried everything, buying new controllers, leaving the preview program, etc. literally everything. Still my xbox doesn't hear when I speak into the mic. Like I said after all the...
  8. Standard Exchange

in XBoX on Consoles
    Standard Exchange: Firstly, I am disappointed in the service MS provide. Over a period of about 6-8 months (shortly after my warranty expired) my controller kept disconnecting randomly then in the last few weeks...
  9. Xbox One Standard Exchange

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Standard Exchange: So the fedex tracker confirmed my console's been delivered to the facility. I was wondering if they would inform me when they ship the replacement to me and/or if there is a way to track it. When...
  10. Standard Exchange Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Standard Exchange Service: So the fedex tracker confirmed my console's been delivered to microsoft. I was wondering if they would inform me when they ship the replacement to me and/or if there is a way to track it. When I...