Xbox One X - Start-up error, codes 105 and now 102

Discus and support Xbox One X - Start-up error, codes 105 and now 102 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft and Xbox Friends, I have researched this topic and have done the fixes recommended and found in this community. I have 4 Xboxes in my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ding Ding Lai, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Xbox One X - Start-up error, codes 105 and now 102

Hello Microsoft and Xbox Friends,

I have researched this topic and have done the fixes recommended and found in this community.

I have 4 Xboxes in my house, now 5, because I decided to replace the one I will be talking about (2 Xbox One X's, 2 Xbox One S's, and 1 original Xbox Ones).

One of my Xbox One X's started having issues with game files and was crashing during gameplay, and then recently crashed and had the start-up error code 105 and would not start up, even when trying to select factory reset, I had to unplug for 30 seconds,
    then hold the bind and eject button as well as press the xbox button on the console to force the Xbox to give me an option for a factory reset. In doing so, it didn't actually reset. I had to then unplug it once again and wait, i waited for 10 minutes or so.
    Then when I plugged it back in, it did actually complete the factory reset, as I needed to set everything up again. This lasted for approximately 2 days, before needing to go through the same process again. It again worked for about 2 days before having it
    occur again, now with an error code 102. This time it will not perform the factory reset at all.

I think it is also worth mentioning that during these issues installing games had errors occurring as well, i.e. installation would stop and force me to uninstall and reinstall. My cable provider is Cox, reinstalling these large game files also caused me
    to go over my GB limit.

Now that all this has occurred the next option is to fill out the repair form, my Xbox One X is no longer under warranty after checking so this fix will cost me $270 US.

I believe that this is an unavoidable error and not caused by the consumer, and in good faith should not be the consumer's responsibility to pay for. Microsoft has shown in the past to back there product and extended the warranty with the Xbox 360 and its"red
    ring of death." Please back your product and do something similar with this issue. I look forward to hearing back.

:)

Ding Ding Lai, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Ding Ding Lai Win User

Amber,

no, the problem is on one of my xboxes, an xbox one x. I merely stated how many i have so that you can see im a loyal customer. I bought an xbox for myself and each of my kids. Only one has the issue i described.

Yes the errors i have receieved begin with an E as you mentioned, to me that was obvious, the numbers 105 and 102 followed the E which was the relevant pieces of info. Like insaid i searched the error codes and performed the suggested “fixes.” This temporarily
    fixed it, but no longer works. This is all in my original post.

Additionally, I am not an xbox insider.

thanks,
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Ding Ding Lai,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this issue. If I'm understanding the issue correctly, you're receiving different system error codes on different Xbox One consoles. Is this correct?

If you're receiving errors in relation to your system (usually begins with an "E"), then you'll want to troubleshoot using our
    Xbox One Startup Error Solution.Any other type of error codes can be
    looked up using our Error & Status Code Searchfor troubleshooting steps.

Additionally, if your profile or console are enrolled in our Preview Program for Xbox Insiders, the troubleshooting may not work as intended since Insiders receive test builds. If you are an Xbox Insider, we recommend reaching out on the
    Xbox Insiders Reddit pagefor further help.

You can also report this problem using the Xbox Insider Hub app on your console or from PC (even if not an Xbox Insider) so we can investigate it further:

1. On your console, install the Xbox Insider Hubapp (if you don’t already have it).
    2. Hold down the Xboxbutton on the controller.
    3. On the power menu, select Report a problem.
    4. Describe the problem in detail, including when it happened, if you saw any specific error codes or messages, and if you were using any specific games, software, hardware, or accessories when you encountered the problem.

I hope that this helps you out a bit more! Let us know the results.
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

Um so you mention that u have a monthly download limit. When you reach that limit what happens, does your downloads stop? Just asking because this may be th3 source of a lot of your issues
  5. Ding Ding Lai Win User

Boom boom, thanks for the reply, but if you read my whole post, i mentioned ive done this process/fix. It worked temporarily.

thanks again
  6. Korhog Win User

I think it is also worth mentioning that during these issues installing games had errors occurring as well, i.e. installation would stop and force me to uninstall and reinstall. My cable provider is Cox, reinstalling
    these large game files also caused me to go over my GB limit.

Yup, I noticed too, that after installing more 250 GB of games raise the chance to get the errors 105 and 102
Thema:

1. Xbox One X - Start-up error, codes 105 and now 102 - Similar Threads - Start error codes

2. Xbox One - error code 0x803f900a when trying to start Forza Horizon 4.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One - error code 0x803f900a when trying to start Forza Horizon 4.: Hi, for the last eleven hours I have been trying to launch Forza Horizon 4 from my Xbox One and continually get the error message 0x803f900a asking me to check my Xbox Live and Game pass subs for...
  3. Metro Exodus did not start anymore, tried new install but an error code shows: 0x80070005

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus did not start anymore, tried new install but an error code shows: 0x80070005: I installed the game and played for about 1h. Next time I wanted to start again but nothing happened. I also tried over the start menu and the WIndows store. The game did not start. So I...
  4. Error Code 0x903f9006 GAMES WONT START

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x903f9006 GAMES WONT START: I've searched up this code already and found other people asking the same thing, but all there is are replies from moderators saying to check this link...
  5. Shadows of war not start error code "0x90072efe"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shadows of war not start error code "0x90072efe": the game not start message error "Tente novamente. Se isso acontecer novamente, acesse xbox.com/errorhelp e digite o seguinte codigo 0x90072efe" but this code error not found in the community....
  6. xbox game crossout want let me play any more, gives me a error code instead of starting....

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game crossout want let me play any more, gives me a error code instead of starting....: crossout game on xbox one will not let me play any more, gives me an error code that I don't know what is. d7672f49-f16b-4117-85c9-f4d41c578f52
  7. Start up error code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Start up error code: I keep getting a system error and went through all the steps to clear it but my xbox still isnt working. Its giving me the option of restarting or troublingshooting with error code at the bottom...
  8. x box has an error code of e10200000c118007003 and will not start up or reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box has an error code of e10200000c118007003 and will not start up or reset: My xbox will not start it just loops back to the error code listed in the subject line. I have tried to reset, update and re power on. Is this a hard drive issue?...
  9. Error code 0x8b050033 when starting a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x8b050033 when starting a game: Hello all, Im running into the following problem: Pretty much all games I own start without any issues. But when I start Elite: Dangerous the Xbox send me: "update required, but currently not...
  10. Xbox one s not starting up. Giving error code e101 00000504 8b050041

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s not starting up. Giving error code e101 00000504 8b050041: I have already logged my complaint with ms one week agoand SR # is1436472059. My console is under warranty however there is no resolution given yet. Xbox is not booting up after last update and i...