xbox one x stutter in 4k/1080p blu rays but not all

Discus and support xbox one x stutter in 4k/1080p blu rays but not all in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Video stutters, it's like a sudden jump in motion, audio is fine the same time Basically this 4k works, no issue... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by goodcoffee, Sep 2, 2019.

1. goodcoffee
    goodcoffee Guest

Video stutters, it's like a sudden jump in motion, audio is fine the same time

Basically

this 4k works, no issue

https://www.amazon.de/Prospect-Limi...10&s=gateway&sprefix=prospect+,aps,226&sr=8-1

this 4k one stutters

https://www.amazon.de/Salyut-7-Tödl...swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1567249145&sr=8-1

and this 1080p one also stutters

https://www.amazon.de/Cliffhanger-2...&s=gateway&sprefix=cliffhanger,aps,169&sr=8-2

I have tried to play with settings, like disabling 24hz and 50hz, after disabling 24hz it got better BUT it looks as 60Hz so pulldown ...

I don't have an external sound to check if I redirect sound for decoding there as seems the diff between discs is SOUND tracks

How I can ask Microsoft to check this ? Maybe somebody knows how to resolve this? Xbox is a great console by this issue makes it bad for blu ray...

:)

goodcoffee, Sep 2, 2019
  2. WILDman260 Win User

Xbox one s not playing 4K blurays

I have noticed that since either the latest system update (or possibly Blu-ray app update), normal Blu-ray movies don't upscale to 4k anymore. They only stay at 1080p. I've tried everything, and it only stays at 1080p.

As soon as I go back to the dashboard or play games, it'll revert back to 4k. But as soon as I put a Blu-ray in, back to 1080p. And it was working beautifully before the last system update (the one that released on the 5th August), and Blu-rays all upscaled
    to 4k.

This needs looking in to MS.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

up scale standard blu ray?

"Ultra HD" Blu-Rays will play in 4K. Standard Blu-Rays will play in 1080p.

The Xbox One S will only output to the highest resolution offered by the Blu-Ray disc it plays.

I suppose this design choice was in mind because 4K/UHD-TVs already process and upscale a lower resolution image to "cleanly" use all of the 3840x2160 pixels, so it's not putting unnecessary load on the Xbox One S CPU.
  4. smileskybird Win User

4K Passthrough?

I saw it has HDMI 2.0B thingy on this site.

If say you connect an Xbox One X to your 4K HDTV, you should still be able to:

1. Download the YouTube and Netflix apps, onto your Xbox One X, and still be able to watch in 4k 60fps?

2. Use Xbox One X 4k Blu-ray player to watch 4k Blu-ray disc movies in 4k 60fps?

3. Play games on Xbox One X, in 4k 60fps?

.... right?
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

How does the xbox one s know to upscale or input game info to 4k, if the games are not the 4k version?

Xbox One S outputs game content at 1080p and with an HDR color palette, if the game supports it. So no, you are not seeing it in 4K. If you want to see the compatible game in 4K resolution, you would need to use Xbox One X.

However, Xbox One S will output video content in 4K, such as UltraHD 4K Blu-ray discs and 4K content from streaming services like Netflix.
  6. Slayin Bodies Win User

Can the xBox play DVD-RAM discs?

it can, it may have region locks for your area but yes the xbox one can play cd, dvd, blu-ray, and if you have the x/s 4k blu ray
Thema:

1. xbox one x stutter in 4k/1080p blu rays but not all - Similar Threads - stutter 1080p blu

2. FPS drops/stutter

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FPS drops/stutter: recently i have been experiencing this issue on apex legends where my fps will drop when i look in certain directions of the map. I bought a new xbox to see if it would fix the problem and its...
  3. Sea of Thieves main menu freeze/stuttering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thieves main menu freeze/stuttering: Hello, I contacted Rare support but they can't help me. When I wanna play Sea of Thieves I got some problems starting the game. The game launches and it checks If I'm logged in. After these...
  4. Xbox (beta) for PC App causing micro stutters and games saves location "Nightmare".

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox (beta) for PC App causing micro stutters and games saves location "Nightmare".: All - Let me start by saying that I've been using the service for almost 2 months now, at the beginning was great then I found some deal breaking issues that just made me cancel my subscription....
  5. Ori and the blind forest (Def. Edition) - game stuttering during explosions

in XBoX on Windows
    Ori and the blind forest (Def. Edition) - game stuttering during explosions: Hi, On my Win10, Ori Definitive Edition (and also the normal version) is stuttering like hell, when explosions happen. Going down to a few FPS. I tried soooo many options. Nothing helped. Nvidia...
  6. Audio stuttering, drops. For Months same thing. WWZ Game.

in XboX Insiders
    Audio stuttering, drops. For Months same thing. WWZ Game.: I have reformatted my system probably 10 times. I have deleted my profile multiple times. I have loaded game on other hard drives including external and the internal. I have reinstalled the game...
  7. Movies stuttering in Movies & TV app on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Movies stuttering in Movies & TV app on Xbox One: My Movies & TV app on my Xbox stutters throughout the movie, probably every 15-30 secs. Not a big stutter, but enough to notice. I’ve adjusted all settings on TV and Xbox possible to see what...
  8. Really back stutter and frame drops

in XboX Insiders
    Really back stutter and frame drops: Am I the only one experiencing this? After a while of the console being on it’ll suffer bad frame drops and stuttering. So bad I have to hard reset. submitted by /u/zTwiDashz [link] [comments]
  9. Sound Stuttering And Cutting Out On Video Playback

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound Stuttering And Cutting Out On Video Playback: Hey Guys, I've been having this problem for about a month now that I'm watching a video (either streaming through the Netflix app or playing a video from my connected media using VLC or the...
  10. Stuttering in Forza motorsport 7

in XBoX on Windows
    Stuttering in Forza motorsport 7: So i bought the Forza Motorsport 7 ultimate and when i started playing it it just stutters while i'm racing, and i tried all the settings in the game aswell and nothing works. My system- Intel...