Xbox One X troubleshooting help - multiple issues

Discus and support Xbox One X troubleshooting help - multiple issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We bought this Xbox One X three years ago, and within the past month or so it has become almost unusable. A few game still work (Minecraft, Garden... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MajorParrot9775, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Xbox One X troubleshooting help - multiple issues

We bought this Xbox One X three years ago, and within the past month or so it has become almost unusable. A few game still work (Minecraft, Garden Warfare 2, Roblox), but others now fail to load or just won't function properly (Fortnite, COD Warzone Pacific, Forza Horizon 5, Rocket League). Various errors show up (too too long to load), or graphics are low-res, the game appears to momentarily freeze/lag, and often just crashes or hangs.

Yesterday we tried to factory reset it, keeping games and apps. That did not fix the above issues, but made the OS a bit more stable (e.g., sign-in in seconds, not minutes). Web searches did not show any others with similar recent problems. We then uninstalled Fortnite, re-installed it last evening (~4 hours), and it still will not load (hangs forever in loading screens, no errors).

Are there any other diagnostics we can try to see if there are any hardware failures of the device (disk or RAM corruption)? Our home DSL Internet connection is not super fast but it is super reliable (Wi-Fi and cabled Ethernet give 32 Mbps down/ 4 Mbps up). I guess the next step is to factory reset removing all games/apps, which will take a few days to re-download nearly 1 TB of content...

I also tried looking to buy a new Xbox Series X, which seems to have this fantastic ability to switch between games without having to re-load them. But those consoles are out-of-stock at this time (and not even orderable). The Microsoft store at the mall where I bought this Xbox is gone, so I can't talk to anyone there for help...

I'd really appreciate any suggestions. It's Christmas vacation and 3 boys are very sad around here.

:)

MajorParrot9775, Dec 20, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

All you have explained points to the console's hard drive slowing faliling. It is a hardware issue and the console will need to be repaired. But I suggest you continue using as it might take a long while before anything happens.

As for the Series X, I suggest you keep checking the store for when it becomes available. You can also check with local/online retailers for availability.
  3. MajorParrot9775 Win User

Jesse, I cannot thank you enough for your advice and quick reply! I just swapped out the old 1TB HDD for a fresh 2TB SDD (after watching the on-line how-to videos, and using a USB Flash drive to load the OS), and it completely solved all of our problems. Plus, the games load so much faster with the SSD, so there is much rejoicing in the house. Thanks again!!
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Help troubleshooting Xbox One X issues.

I hope it helps keeping it going without a issue, And if you it appears for you again the reddit might more answers. Sorry about that.
  5. MancSoulja Win User

Thanks for all the helpful advice guys. I'll be honest, I've never actually used Reddit, but I will be sure to go check out the insider's subreddit.

It's weird, right now I've been playing Rise of The Tomb raider on it for a good 30 mins without any issues at all, other times it will appear as soon as I switch the Xbox one.

Anyway, I'll head over to Reddit and keep you guys updated on what happens.

Thanks for the help!
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello MancSoulja,

Thank you for keeping us updated. You can call me Leo for short. I love your profile picture :D! We appreciate the detail that you have provided in your explanation. The

Xbox Insider program
    has been known to cause issues with the operating system. This is understandable considering the Xbox Insider program is for users that choose to test our new features.

Have you
    submitted feedback through the Xbox Insider Hub
    and
    Xbox Insider subreddit
    ? The subreddit is a great place to find out if other Xbox Insider users have been experiencing the same issues and discuss them. These would be the best options to take before starting a repair.

A repair is still definitely an option since the issue may be attributed to the HDMI port of the console. We would like to go through all the troubleshooting steps before suggesting a repair, and you have done a great job with the steps you have taken thus
    far. Let us know how it goes after providing feedback!
Thema:

1. Xbox One X troubleshooting help - multiple issues - Similar Threads - troubleshooting help multiple

2. Looking for help troubleshooting poor video quality over my 1Gbps internet service.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for help troubleshooting poor video quality over my 1Gbps internet service.: So I'm starting to use the streaming capabilities of Xbox Cloud on my Gamepass Ultimate subscription. Having a weird issue that I'm having a hard time finding anyone else having, let alone any way...
  3. My Xbox will not get off the troubleshoot screen . PLEASE HELP .

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox will not get off the troubleshoot screen . PLEASE HELP .: My Xbox will not come off of the troubleshoot screen even tho I press the Reset button I press every button . And it still didn’t work and when I press reset it goes to there’s been an Error...
  4. Help troubleshooting constant game crashes

in XboX Insiders
    Help troubleshooting constant game crashes: Hi all. I have been having a lot of crashes playing Destiny 2 on my series X. I am running in 4k60 HDR10 and have run this way since getting the series X and Beyond Light DLC dropping so this has...
  5. HELP PLS!!! Xbox One X - stuck on troubleshoot screen after insider update.. hard drive is ok

in XboX Insiders
    HELP PLS!!! Xbox One X - stuck on troubleshoot screen after insider update.. hard drive is ok: [IMG] submitted by /u/harpersworld [link] [comments]
  6. NEED HELP!! Stuck on troubleshoot screen after Alpha Preview Build

in XboX Insiders
    NEED HELP!! Stuck on troubleshoot screen after Alpha Preview Build: I had recently gotten the option to switch to the Alpha Preview Build and had accepted and gone through with it. Two weeks later i turn on my xbox and get greeted with the troubleshooting screen....
  7. Xbox One X's Display Troubleshooting Help Please!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X's Display Troubleshooting Help Please!: I have a Samsung 4K Q60 screen and two speakers Xbox one x's and after diffrent ports, cables, monitors no matter what I do I cannot get with one x to display a picture. I'm apart of the xbox...
  8. My Xbox turns off after i load up the troubleshoot menu? PLEASE HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns off after i load up the troubleshoot menu? PLEASE HELP!: Ok so for a couple months ive been having issues with my system making eject noises and turning on by itself after shutdown..so today as im on it kept freezing while i was on the dashboard and my...
  9. My Xbox turns off as soon as I access the troubleshoot menu. HELP!

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox turns off as soon as I access the troubleshoot menu. HELP!: Ok so for the last couple of months ive been having issues with my console making eject noises by itself and turning on after i shut it down..i was using it today and as im scrolling through the...
  10. Can someone help me please? (Troubleshooting)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone help me please? (Troubleshooting): I have been having problems with my Xbox lately, it has started making me lose my progress on games, a lot more... Now it has started to go onto the troubleshooting screen (it has happened once;...