Xbox One X Turning off when loading a game

Discus and support Xbox One X Turning off when loading a game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One X occasionally turns itself off when I load a game up, digital or physical. It will turn off completely forcing me to start the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JonJon1239, Mar 21, 2020.

1. JonJon1239
    JonJon1239 Guest

My Xbox One X occasionally turns itself off when I load a game up, digital or physical. It will turn off completely forcing me to start the console back up to the green screen intro.

I've tried plugging it straight into the wall with a longer lead and even tried changing the fuse over from a 3A to a 5A but this happens atleast once every couple of days. There doesn't seem to be any ventilation issues and unfortunately I'm out of warranty.
    I dont really want to shell out £250 for a repair with the next gen on the horizon.

Does anyone know of any tips or troubleshooting for me to finally resolve this?

:)

JonJon1239, Mar 21, 2020
  2. TonyMazz1 Win User

My Xbox One X - just shuts off during loading Division 2

It is a problem with Division 2. It has been happening to me and 3 other friends also since Warlords of New York dlc released, when loading game at 14% the xbox one x turns off completely. It doesnt happen every time but it does happen
  3. ISirProdigy007 Win User

Rise of Tomb Rider freezing

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that, try hard resetting your xbox one by holding down on the power button for 10 seconds.

- When off unplug the power cable and keep off for about 1 to 2 minutes

- Replug the power cable and then turn on the xbox one

- Load up the game and load the save again.

See if that helps.

Happy Gaming!
  4. ken3201 Win User

Question for those getting black screen when starting games

I was getting the black screen recently.

With x-box turned off, unplug network cable.

Turn on and load the game.

Plug the network cable back in once game is loaded.

Press home button and sign in.

Working for me every time. I hope it helps anyone else.
  5. Arminator Win User

Xbox One X Fan sounds way louder than usual

My Xbox One X fan sounds like a jet about to take off when I'm playing games, it sounds silent when I'm just sitting on Xbox home or watching Twitch or Netflix, but soon as a start up a game it gets loud sometimes it even causes my Xbox to turn
    off on its own while I'm in a middle of a game ....
    If you play a Xbox One X enhanced game it's normal for the fan to be louder than when on Xbox Home or watching video apps like Netflix or Twitch.

However, the console turning off is not. Can you check if your console is directly connected to a wall outlet, or if you use a power strip? Can you connect the console directly to the wall outlet? If possible, also try a different wall outlet.

Also try the troubleshooting steps for the console turning off unexpectedly here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly
  6. Mister Kernel Win User

XBOX ONE X turning off when switching games

Hey there Redpizzi! Thanks for reachin out to us. For this console power issue that you're experiencing, let's try out the steps in our
    troubleshooter which focuses on this specifically.

If you're still experiencing this console shut off issue after doing so, we recommend reaching out to the live
    chat team when you get a chance.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Turning off when loading a game - Similar Threads - Turning off loading

2. I can't turn off my real name

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't turn off my real name: The option for my real name being shared with friends is on, how do i turn it off. When i go on the xbox app it just says sorry we couldn't get the info please try again.....
  3. Give the ability to "turn off" the power button on the console

in XboX Insiders
    Give the ability to "turn off" the power button on the console: I have young siblings who like to turn off the console while I am playing, and I never use the console button, opting to turn it on via the controller. It would be helpful to disable the button...
  4. turns on then off one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    turns on then off one x: my xbox one x turns o for a few seconds then turns off is there a fix for this. thank you 4b415026-4f48-4299-99be-e0c799c20aed
  5. my xbox one wont power up and the led turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one wont power up and the led turns off: so a couple weeks back i had the same issue where when i plugged my xbox one powersupply into the wall the light lit up and everything was cool but when i plugged it into my console and pressed...
  6. Internet is somewhat turned off and nothing but settings will load

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Internet is somewhat turned off and nothing but settings will load: Internet is somewhat turned off and nothing but settings will load Have you tried to change the DNS server address for your console, to one of Googles public DNS servers. It could be that your ISP...
  7. xbox one turning off as soon as i load a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox one turning off as soon as i load a game: xbox one turning off as soon as i load a game. Please help . Already formatted with only games and apps. Still not resolved. fd5a4070-9cf5-4247-bbda-7fd9b23b24be
  8. when I turn on my xbox it doesn't go off of the green loading screen at the very start

in XBoX on Consoles
    when I turn on my xbox it doesn't go off of the green loading screen at the very start: when I turn on my xbox it doesn't go off of the green loading screen at the very start 452e37b5-4d8e-4066-956f-355cb241a762
  9. Instant On sometimes doesn't load up? Flashes then turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Instant On sometimes doesn't load up? Flashes then turns off.: About 1 in 5 times when using either the "Xbox on" or the controller to turn on my Xbox one when its set to instant on mode, my console does briefly turns on for maybe 2 or 3 seconds then shuts...
  10. Apps crash, won't load, system won't turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Apps crash, won't load, system won't turn off: After using the system for a few hours, whatever I am doing, whether it's a game or an app, will crash. Upon restarting the app, the crashes will happen more and more frequently until eventually...