Xbox One X turns off after 5 seconds.

Discus and support Xbox One X turns off after 5 seconds. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an xbox one x that turns off after 5 seconds. There is no damage to console or HDMI port. I have power cycled the system tried to put it in... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JayColligan, May 3, 2021.

1. JayColligan
    JayColligan Guest

I have an xbox one x that turns off after 5 seconds. There is no damage to console or HDMI port. I have power cycled the system tried to put it in troubleshoot mode (gets no signal on screen) and installed new HDD (Seagate 1tb same as the original). Is there anything I have left out that i could try or any idea how to sort it?

:)

JayColligan, May 3, 2021
  2. michaelestes7 Win User

Xbox one x turns on then after 5 seconds turns off

What a horrible & inept way to treat paying customers. WOW
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for replying to keep us updated. Sorry to hear that you're unable to get the troubleshooting screen to appear. Since this is the case, you may want to contact the place you financed the purchase of the Xbox from first to see if they have any suggestions
    or may offer you an exchange since you haven't had it long (dependent on their policies of course).

If not, then contacting your Microsoft store over in Manchester prior to going in would be a good idea to see what they can offer you in regard to an exchange. They would also be able to set up a servicing or repair for the console there as well, I believe.
    In regards to warranty, standard warranty for an Xbox console is 1 year. Its recommended that you register your device prior to contacting the Microsoft store and can do so by

clicking here
    . You can also read up on how to send your device for repair, etc on our support article entitled

Getting your Xbox console or Kinect sensor serviced

I hope that this information helps out a bit more. Please let us know the results.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello all,

As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Roberto Di Lello Win User

I got exactly the same issue with my xbox one S. Noone of XBOXsupport team answered me. what can i do? i have a brick in my home
  6. JORDAN-SIMPSON Win User

Hello,

I can't get to the troubleshooting menu to reset the Xbox it just ignores the command.

Also I was advised to go to the Microsoft store what can they do ?

And how do I get this Xbox sent of for repairs ?

Regards
Thema:

1. Xbox One X turns off after 5 seconds. - Similar Threads - turns off seconds

2. Series X controller turns off only seconds after turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X controller turns off only seconds after turning on: Ive just start having an issue where my series x controller will turn on when i hold the power button but will not stay on. It fades off only seconds after veing turned on and has repeated to do...
  3. Xbox one turns itself off after 30 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turns itself off after 30 seconds: Can anybody help me please? Every time I turn on my xbox one S (all digital) the xbox turns itself off after 30-45 seconds. The tv screen remains blank also. After numerous attempts to turn it on...
  4. Minecraft turns on and off for 3.4 seconds in windows 10 edition 1.16.20

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft turns on and off for 3.4 seconds in windows 10 edition 1.16.20: Minecraft turns on and off for 3.4 seconds on Windows 10 version 1.16.20 but above 1.16.200 remains on a red screen 5310ebef-d017-4717-b86e-dba4a75415c3
  5. Xbox wont turn on and shuts off after seconds, any help?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wont turn on and shuts off after seconds, any help?: I went to turn my xbox on and it does the chime of it turning on and the white xbox light comes. Seconds after though it just shuts itself off and doesn’t come on at all. My power brick turns...
  6. Turning off vibration for second controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turning off vibration for second controller.: If I play a two player game I can sign in on second controller using guest account, but it won't let me change controller configuration so it doesn't vibrate. If i do manage to do that, then it...
  7. my xbox turns on for a second and immediately turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox turns on for a second and immediately turns off: I have a problem with my xbox one (original). Recently I have just got on to play Xbox and the last time I played was in November. It was working perfectly fine but today during an update, it...
  8. Xbox powers off the second I turn it off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox powers off the second I turn it off.: So for the past couple of months now I left my xbox alone since I played on pc. But I went back onto the xbox this week and it worked great. I even dusted it. Now today I plug it in and It boots...
  9. Series X turns off in seconds after being turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turns off in seconds after being turned on: Hi Everyone, Just attempted to boot up my series x after 2 weeks away on holidays. Problem is it shuts itself off seconds after being turned on. Has anyone had this issue and figured out a fix?...
  10. Xbox1 S controller vibrates for 5 seconds and turns itself off right after turning it on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 S controller vibrates for 5 seconds and turns itself off right after turning it on.: Xbox1 S controller vibrates uncontrollably for 5 seconds everytime I turn it on. It then proceeds to turn itself off after its tantrum. This has happened multiple times and there seems to be no...