Xbox one x warranty for second owner.

Discus and support Xbox one x warranty for second owner. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased an xbox one x from an australian auction which is still under warranty, can I get repairs free still? I may need to send it in.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matthew F_80, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Matthew F_80
    Matthew F_80 Guest

I purchased an xbox one x from an australian auction which is still under warranty, can I get repairs free still? I may need to send it in.

:)

Matthew F_80, Oct 7, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Matthew F_80,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. If the Xbox one X that you've purchased is still within the manufacturer's warranty period, you can check this by

registering the console to your account
    on our Microsoft Devices page while logged into your Microsoft account.

This support article may help you to find a bit more information: Warranties, extended service
    plans, and Terms & Conditions for your device

If you would like further information concerning the warranty on your console in your region, or would like some further assistance in registering the console for repairs, I would recommend that you
    request a call back or chat with Xbox Support directly.

• Scroll down, Click on Contact Us
    • Step 2 : Select a Category, then See other options
    • Step 3 : Select your Issue/Topic – warranty, service & repair
      • Select - Show contact options
      • Select – Call me back or chat with Xbox Support

If you do not see the selection that you wish to use for contact, then switch topics until it becomes available as the selections may change from time to time.

Hope this helps out!
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

The only way to check would be to register the device on account.microsoft.com, and there it would tell you how long a warranty you have left. If it is still in warranty, then you would get free repairs until it expires.
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Media Markt xbox one x problems

Can you explain what you mean by "crashed cartoon"? Do you mean "damaged box"?

And is this service "media markt polish" a retail store or a place like ebay? If it's not a retail store then warranty does not transfer to the second owner.

If you buy it from them and it's damaged it is the store's responsibility to give you a new one, not xbox's warranty repair service - if they damaged it it's not within warranty.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox regenerated serial sticker discoloured

Another thing is that warranties are good for one year from the original purchase date to the original owner.

So if you sell it within that one year you are the original owner and the warranty would no longer be good.
  6. Scythe NL Win User

My xbox acting weird, possibly broken

Your warranty expired? The Xbox One X came out in november 2017. With 2 year warranty, that would mean the very first X will run out of warranty in november 2019.
Thema:

1. Xbox one x warranty for second owner. - Similar Threads - warranty second owner

2. Xbox controller 90 day warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller 90 day warranty: I was told I have a 90 day warranty but dont know how to use it. I tried registering controller with number on remote but it says not recognized. I have controller issue with stick sticking in...
  3. Warranty for elite controller version 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty for elite controller version 2: I would like to know the warranty for the elite controller version 2. The back paddles have stopped working, all four of them. 02cdcd56-caf6-405e-be4c-7a52a6b2c3b2
  4. Xbox Elite Controller 2 Extended Warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller 2 Extended Warranty: So I have owned 2 Elite Controllers now, and both have developed the really bad stick drift. I can't find anything about an extended warranty, but I would like to purchase one if I decide to spend...
  5. Garantía control Xbox one[Xbox One control warranty]

in XBoX on Mobile
    Garantía control Xbox one[Xbox One control warranty]: Buen día recién el mes pasado envié a garantía mi control de xbox one y segun el número de guía de la paquetería el paquete fue entregado pero en la página de Microsoft en cuestión al seguimiento...
  6. Elite 2 Controller returned for Warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller returned for Warranty: Hi, I'm based in Ireland and I returned a faulty Elite 2 Controller to Microsoft for warranty in early June. I used the UPS shipping label that Microsoft sent me for the return. I tracked the...
  7. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Warranty: I bought an Elite 2 In December 2019 from Amazon.ca and by the standard accessories warranty, it gave me a 90 day warranty. However, there have been several sources that claim they had a much...
  8. Xbox warranty transfer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox warranty transfer?: I'm going to sell my elite controller that's under warranty. do I just deregister it from my account and the new owner then register it and get the remaining warranty?...
  9. Bought a second controller - does it need to be registered for warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a second controller - does it need to be registered for warranty?: I just bought a second controller - does it need to be registered online for warranty, or does the proof of purchase suffice in case of any issues? I assume that the original controller that came...
  10. Second hand Xbox one warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Second hand Xbox one warranty: I bought a second hand xbox one and dont have the original reciept. Will the xbox one still be under warranty? Do i need to register the serial number? some one let me know please thanks....