Xbox One X weird smell

Discus and support Xbox One X weird smell in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got a brand new Xbox One X from GAME. Functions fine, fan isn't really overly loud, but I've noticed this weird burning plastic/electronic smell... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zerutso, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Zerutso
    Zerutso Guest

Xbox One X weird smell

Just got a brand new Xbox One X from GAME. Functions fine, fan isn't really overly loud, but I've noticed this weird burning plastic/electronic smell coming from it. I assumed this was because it's factory new and never really been used before. This normal?
    I only got it today.

:)

Zerutso, Sep 1, 2019
  2. brandiesel1 Win User

Xbox One X weird smell

Mine smelled like that too but it went away after about a week. Keep an eye on it and exchange it after a week or two if it keeps doing it. Most places only offer 30-day in-store warranties for exchanges.
  3. choppyseize Win User

Xbox One X weird smell

It could be something internal that's affecting the ventilation. If the console is running fine and not overheating and you're not worried too much, it may be just that it's new. However if the burning smells increase or hasn't gone away you may want to
    exchange it. I would exchange it soon though while you can. You don't want to wait and have problems later.
  4. ScottTHEscammeR Win User

Xbox One X weird smell

Maybe you're sense of smell is better than most, and its normal. I would just make sure to keep an eye on it for a day or two and see if the smell goes away.
  5. Zerutso Win User

Xbox One X weird smell

The console shouldn't smell of burning plastic or electronics. You may have got a faulty console. These things do happen from time to time. I would take it back to game, and either get your money back or a replacement.
    Strange, because a lot of others have had the same experience and there's was completely fine. Most said it's just because it's new and the smell dissapated after a while. Was just wanting to clarify is all because if this thing turns out faulty, I'll be
    moving to Playstation as my experience with Xbox in the past year has been god awful.
  6. akmalsulton Win User

Xbox One X weird smell

I had the same with xbox one x, I returned it and got money back
Thema:

Xbox One X weird smell

1. Xbox One X weird smell - Similar Threads - weird smell

2. weird issue with Xbox game pass on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    weird issue with Xbox game pass on pc: My Xbox game pass ultimate expired8/23/2019 and while it does not let my play games such as Forza Horizon 4 which is normal, it lets me play Sea of Thieves and Ori and the blind forest...
  3. Original Xbox One experiencing weird issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One experiencing weird issue: I've had my Xbox One since launch (2013) and it has worked perfectly fine ever since then. But the other week, it started doing this weird thing where it'll make an odd sound if I press the eject...
  4. Weird Xbox one S noise while on standby

in XBoX Accessibility
    Weird Xbox one S noise while on standby: My Xbox One S is making bursts of quiet constant repetitive beeps while on standby and only stops when I unplug it. Is this normal? 6720b534-9459-464a-bd83-cba7feec2a71
  5. Xbox one acting weirdly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one acting weirdly: Hi there, For some reason, my xbox will only stay on the store tab and when trying to move to any other tabs such as 'community' or 'home' it will jump right back to store. Hence not enabling me...
  6. Weird voice message

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird voice message: So basically me and my friends were messing with voice messages and one turn in to a weird voice a chinese or like some weird language and now we are freaked out anyone can tell what it means?...
  7. Weird text on messages.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird text on messages.: Does anyone else's Xbox give them weird letters like these? [img] 97032ffc-e716-4ac7-8b64-7337fc48e0f5
  8. Xbox One X - Overheating, weird smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Overheating, weird smell: I’ve only had my Xbox One X for a few months, and I play about 3-5 hours a day. In the past month I’ve noticed that after even 10-20 mins of it being on, just on the dashboard even, the fans are...
  9. Xbox One X - Overheating, weird smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Overheating, weird smell: I’ve only had my Xbox One X for a few months, and I play about 3-5 hours a day. In the past month I’ve noticed that after even 10-20 mins of it being on, just on the dashboard even, the fans are...
  10. Weird XBOX One Smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird XBOX One Smell: I recently got a used XBOX One. After playing 1-2 hours at a time, I start to notice a Vaseline-like smell. Is this normal? b1b8d607-eec6-44e1-af60-2e8288e225f1