Xbox One X will Not turn on with the controller and controller will not turn off by itself...

Discus and support Xbox One X will Not turn on with the controller and controller will not turn off by itself... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got a new Xbox One X this week. Hooked it up last night. Have discovered that the One X will NOT power up when the Controller is turned on. Must... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jay_Astro, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Jay_Astro
    Jay_Astro Guest

Xbox One X will Not turn on with the controller and controller will not turn off by itself...

Just got a new Xbox One X this week. Hooked it up last night.

Have discovered that the One X will NOT power up when the Controller is turned on. Must hit the power button on the console to turn it on, every time. After that, the console sees the controller just fine.

Also when I turn off the console using the controller, the console powers off fine, BUT the controller will not. I have to manually power down the controller via its main button.

Tried a different controller and get the exact same results.

Is my Xbox One X console defective?

Thannks.

:)

Jay_Astro, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Jay_Astro Win User

Xbox One X will Not turn on with the controller and controller will not turn off by itself after Xbox One X is turned off

Thanks.

Actually the controller had been paired previously but the problem persisted until I tried the reset method suggested by HV523.

It all works fine now without the cable.
  3. Jay_Astro Win User

Xbox One X will Not turn on with the controller and controller will not turn off by itself after Xbox One X is turned off

HV523,

Your suggestion worked perfectly.

Thanks a big bunch.

-J
  4. NeoDan123 Win User

You might want to pair your your controller with the xbox aswell.

There is a small button under the xbox logo in the front of console and on the controller itself. Press and hold them until the lights starts flickering.

Should pair your controller with xbox. Then you wont need to use the cable everytime.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day!
  6. HyperVenom523 Win User

Do a power reset on the xbox

Plug the controller via usb

Turn the console on using the controller

Fixed...
Thema:

1. Xbox One X will Not turn on with the controller and controller will not turn off by itself... - Similar Threads - turn controller controller

2. Will we ever get the option to stop a wireless controller turning off by itself WITHOUT...

in XboX Insiders
    Will we ever get the option to stop a wireless controller turning off by itself WITHOUT...: I mean it's pretty standard on PlayStation, and it would just make sense to have it xbox too. submitted by /u/Veliosa [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Controller turning off to soon

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller turning off to soon: I was playing Division 2 on a Heroic Mission Solo (Folks say it can't be done Solo) and as it being very hard and very long I had to go to the bathroom and when I got back my Controller was off...
  4. How to turn off controller sleep mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off controller sleep mode: So i play fortnite with a keyboard and mouse which is plugged in to rhe xbox so. I have my earphones plugged in the controller but the controller turns off so ill have to. Press the xbox button...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard without Controller being turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and Keyboard without Controller being turned on: Hi all, I really welcome the use of mouse and keyboard on Xbox One, as it's made games such as Surviving Mars and The Sims 4 so much more manageable from a control point of view. However, I've...
  6. My Xbox one controller won’t t turn on the console after a few day without turning on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one controller won’t t turn on the console after a few day without turning on the...: Yes i found a locked threade of over 90 ppl with this problem from 2014 but as the title says add me to the list becase mine is doing it too now Hears the threade...
  7. xbox controllers dont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controllers dont turn on: hey there today while i was playing xbox normally , i plugged in a usb charger to my controller and suddenly the controller started to get hot under the left dpad , then i unplugged and pluged...
  8. Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox controller: Hi. I need help. I use an XBOX wireless controller on win 10, and i would like to turn off vibration. My problem is: after turning off the vibration in xbox accessories, my controller cannot...
  9. elite controller turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite controller turning off: when i push the button to turn my elite controller on and pull it off after it turns on it instantly turns off 35273105-711c-4ad8-8ccb-4f3b8d354c55
  10. Controller home button turns console off xbox1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller home button turns console off xbox1: Anyone know why my home button on controller turns my console off ? When i try to join party it turns game off ?? The console is ok not hot and well ventilated but when i use my wireless...