Xbox One X will Not turn on with the controller and controller will not turn off by itself...

Discus and support Xbox One X will Not turn on with the controller and controller will not turn off by itself... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got a new Xbox One X this week. Hooked it up last night. Have discovered that the One X will NOT power up when the Controller is turned on. Must... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jay_Astro, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Jay_Astro
    Jay_Astro Guest

Xbox One X will Not turn on with the controller and controller will not turn off by itself...

Just got a new Xbox One X this week. Hooked it up last night.

Have discovered that the One X will NOT power up when the Controller is turned on. Must hit the power button on the console to turn it on, every time. After that, the console sees the controller just fine.

Also when I turn off the console using the controller, the console powers off fine, BUT the controller will not. I have to manually power down the controller via its main button.

Tried a different controller and get the exact same results.

Is my Xbox One X console defective?

Thannks.

:)

Jay_Astro, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Jay_Astro Win User

Xbox One X will Not turn on with the controller and controller will not turn off by itself after Xbox One X is turned off

Thanks.

Actually the controller had been paired previously but the problem persisted until I tried the reset method suggested by HV523.

It all works fine now without the cable.
  3. Jay_Astro Win User

Xbox One X will Not turn on with the controller and controller will not turn off by itself after Xbox One X is turned off

HV523,

Your suggestion worked perfectly.

Thanks a big bunch.

-J
  4. NeoDan123 Win User

You might want to pair your your controller with the xbox aswell.

There is a small button under the xbox logo in the front of console and on the controller itself. Press and hold them until the lights starts flickering.

Should pair your controller with xbox. Then you wont need to use the cable everytime.
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

Do a power reset on the xbox

Plug the controller via usb

Turn the console on using the controller

Fixed...
  6. thewerewolfone Win User

controller turns itself off.

well thanks for your reply but I kind of sorted it out my self. things just kept getting worse the more I tried to figure it out. I wasn't able to do anything but simply move around. so I went back through forum pages and came across a similar prob. someone
    suggested turning off vibration feature. I tried this and it worked.

so now the problem is why does the vibration feature turn off my controller?

this all happened overnight. played fine then turned it off and the next day it wasn't.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X will Not turn on with the controller and controller will not turn off by itself... - Similar Threads - turn controller controller

2. Turning off Xbox controller for Windows desktop?

in XBoX on Windows
    Turning off Xbox controller for Windows desktop?: I don't even know what to call this or refer to it as. The controller is acting as a second mouse, moving the right stick moves the cursor, left moves web pages up and down etc. How can I disable...
  3. xbox 360 controllers won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 controllers won't turn on: we have 4 controller and 3 of them won't turn on. We have tried changing the batteries and they still won't work. Any fix for this? 7599d08d-f22d-463c-8547-064af0883e85
  4. wirless controller not turn on ont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    wirless controller not turn on ont work: Hi I have a problem with wireless controller The problem is that it stops working and does not work even when you connect it with the xbox to the usb port What the solution is known as original...
  5. mi control no enciende [Mod Translation: My control doesn't turn on]

in XBoX on Consoles
    mi control no enciende [Mod Translation: My control doesn't turn on]: hoy cuando intente jugar en mi xbox mi control no encendia uso pilas duracell recargables el control tiene menos de un mes es el que venia con mi xbox one s alguien me ayuda? [Mod Translation:...
  6. Xbox One controller won´t turn on after update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller won´t turn on after update: Hi!! I had an issue with my Xbox controller during the update in Windows 10. So now, i can´t turn on the controller. I need help to recover the firmware of the controller. I need to fix this...
  7. Xbox one controller no enciende luego de actualización[Xbox one controller does not turn on...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller no enciende luego de actualización[Xbox one controller does not turn on...: Hola! Me surgió un problema durante la actualización de mi mando de Xbox One, el cual uso para jugar en PC. Debido a un problema, el cual desconozco, se interrumpió la actualización del Firmware...
  8. Xbox One control does not turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One control does not turn on: Hello! I have a problem, my Xbox one wireless controller no longer lights up in this way, I can use the remote control if I connect it to the PC via a USB cable, but I can not use it wirelessly...
  9. Mando Xbox One no enciende[Xbox One control does not turn on]

in XBoX on Windows
    Mando Xbox One no enciende[Xbox One control does not turn on]: Hola! tengo un problema, mi mando xbox one inalambrico ya no enciende de esta manera, puedo utilizar el mando si lo enchufo al pc via cable USB, pero no puedo utilizarlo de manera inalambrica ya...
  10. mando no enciende [controller does not turn on]

in XBoX on Consoles
    mando no enciende [controller does not turn on]: buenas noches o dias, queria preguntar por que mi mando se xbox one no prende y no se si se deva a las pilas ya que puse unas pilas recargables de 4.2v y dure como 30 min jugando y despues de ese...