XBOX ONE X XBOX LIVE Connection issue

Discus and support XBOX ONE X XBOX LIVE Connection issue in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; XBOX ONE X XBOX LIVE Connection issue Hi Fellow Gamer, Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums! In regards to error 0x80040900, you can try... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by IrishKingOne, Feb 7, 2019.

1. IrishKingOne
    IrishKingOne Guest

Hi Fellow Gamer,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums!

In regards to error 0x80040900, you can try a hard power
    cycle
    . It will close out the apps and such when the console restarts. To
    do the power cycle try holding the power button for 10 seconds then unplugging the console for 1 minute. Plug the console back in and turn it on.

If that does not work then you may need to perform a reset on the Xbox.
    I would suggest trying a
    Soft Factory Reset. This will
    keep the games and apps but will remove the profiles on the console as well as return the settings to factory defaults.

Side Note:
    It is
    very important to make sure you know the primary email/password to the account before removing
    it from the console.

To check the email being used with the gamertag, go to
    Settings > Account > sign-in, security & passkey;
    in middle column at the top it will say "show on home"
    if it is checked it will rotate from gamertag and email on homepage. If it is not check marked, it will show in this box.

Let us know if that helps!

:)

IrishKingOne, Feb 7, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound - problem

Hi there!

Sorry to hear the issues with connecting / setting up your Xbox One X console with TV and AVR. The reply by EggsBoxJuan is on point. I would also recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting resource for

Connecting your Xbox One X console to TV and AVR.

Let us know if this helped.
  3. XBF Nestor S Win User

Xbox One X Won't Connect to Xbox Live

Hello,

My Xbox One X never is able to connect to Xbox Live when I first turn it on. I never had this issue with my Xbox One. I always have to Reset my Alternate Mac Address and usually Hard Reset my Xbox One X. I have ran all the connection tests on my Xbox
    One X as well as reset my Internet Connection. But no success. I have had this issue since I got my Xbox One X.
    Hey xTrutHxBxToLDx.

This issue sounds like it would be taken care of by port forwarding or setting up a static ip address, the steps are listed in this

link
    . Follow the link and let us know how it goes!
  4. Diceman199 Win User

Xbox one X does not connect to xbox live after starting the Xbox

I am also having problems connecting to Xbox live on my Xbox one x. Unable to access destiny 2 or Elite dangerous on the new console yet have no problems accessing the. From my Xbox one which is connected to the same broadband connection via the same switch.

Get the issues fixed
  5. Boom B00M Boom Win User

cannot connect my console i have tried every thing i do not know what next to do.

6. PixelPatch Win User

xbox one x keeps signing out!!!

I'm having a problem with my Xbox One X whereby it never connects to Xbox Live or my internet on start up. I have to go to network settings and disconnect and reconnect my router to it and do a hard reset just to get it to connect. My old Xbox One never
    had this issue.
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE X XBOX LIVE Connection issue - Similar Threads - LIVE Connection issue

2. XBOX Live Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Live Connection Issues: I have a release day Xbox One. For the last 2 days I have not been able to connect with Xbox live. I reset my internet connection, put the xbox in a DMZ, I have run the test for connection and...
  3. Xbox Live connectivity issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live connectivity issues: Whenever i try to play multiplayer in Forza Horizon 4, i cannot connect to any lobby or access any features that include multiplayer. There is no any errors about the teredo but i keep seeing the...
  4. Connect to XBOX Live Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect to XBOX Live Issue: Ma'am/Sir, I'm currently going through some pretty severe troubleshooting with both of my consoles and what was originally only affecting one console is now affecting both. If you could get back...
  5. 360 games on xbox one having xbox live connection issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 games on xbox one having xbox live connection issues: Me and my friend were trying to play portal 2 co op earlier this evening but that was brought to a halt by an error on his end. Everytime he tried to sign in he got a "unable to connect to xbox...
  6. Xbox Live lag/connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live lag/connectivity issues: [img] How is this happening? Live connection is very bad as well, brand mew wifi and very high speed and my xbox hasnt changed. Still a terrible connection! Please let me know other than the...
  7. Xbox live connection issues (again and again and again and again.... cannot count)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live connection issues (again and again and again and again.... cannot count): SOOOO tired. I have 1 XB1X, 1 XB1 and 1 X360 in my house. I have issues again and again and again and again awith connections to xbox live. I need to HARD reset a console to be able to play, and...
  8. Xbox 360 - connection to Xbox Live issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 - connection to Xbox Live issue: I have unearthed my old Xbox 360 in the hopes of transferring my old Borderlands 2 characters to Xbox One. I have been unable connect the Xbox Live servers. Originally I couldn't log into Xbox...
  9. My Xbox 360 has connection issues to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 has connection issues to Xbox Live: I bought a Linksys EA7500 wireless/wired router and upgraded from a much older model that finally died after a good 10+ years of use. This new router works fine for my cell phones, my laptops, my...
  10. Xbox controller and live connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller and live connection issues: My controller will sometimes connect and if it does it will only last for about 30 seconds. Also, when my controller gets disconnected, my xbox will sign me out of live and say there is connection...