Xbox one Y button not working on multiple controllers

Discus and support Xbox one Y button not working on multiple controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My razer wolverine xbox one controller Y button wasn’t working so I assumed it was broken so I purchased another wolverine razer controller. The new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mm_1111, Jul 13, 2020.

1. mm_1111
    mm_1111 Guest

My razer wolverine xbox one controller Y button wasn’t working so I assumed it was broken so I purchased another wolverine razer controller. The new controller Y button does not work either. I have updated the controller, tried multiple ports, removed external
    storage devices while connecting. I found an old xbox one controller and had the same issue as well. When in accessories settings, the Y button does not register on all 3 controllers. The issue is with the Y button only. The button is not stuck either.

Is there an issue with my console? As I think it is unlikely that all 3 controllers Y button are broken, considering one is brand new.

How can i fix this?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

mm_1111, Jul 13, 2020
  2. TragicSkies Win User

Xbox one: controller malfunctions y button not working.

johnodd24360,

Try registering your console, it would be an accessory warranty for the console (not the controller itself). First though if you are able try using your controller with another console. If not you can go ahead and give that a go, let me know if you have
    any other issues.

Syn3rgy lll,

If you could start your own thread that would be wonderful, we try to answer other Xbox members problems One on One, some people could have similar outcomes but not the same resolution.

Thank you.
  3. cheddaz911 Win User

hey syn3rgy, you tried changing the batteries or used a plug and play? also try the holding the connect button at the top of the controller near the LB button.
  4. Syn3rgy III Win User

I joined this chat because I feel my controllers is *** up too. I'm downloading a free game right now. I've been playing for a good hour. I started downloading it, and it was clear it would take a while so I turned of my controller. I come back 20-30 min
    later and turn on my controller to watch a video while it finishes. And nothing happens. No movement, nothing I hold down the Xbox button on it to see if it'll vibrate and maybe bring up the "turn console off" or "turn controller off" options and the controller
    turns off. It took me one more try to notice this was how it was turning off. But this is a new problem. My download needs 10 percent so I'm not going to turn of my console but what the hell!? This should not be happening. Any help/ similar stories?

Also controller turns on very fast. Only one blink then on. And I mash all buttons, also have taken out the batteries.
  5. johnodd24360 Win User

honestly i tried that and it says to register the device but every time i do it looks like this as a example only the serial is this long 01230050667777

but the web page will only let you input this.

0123005066 it won't allow the last 4 digits so how can i get service information if the service web page won't accept the serial number.???
  6. TragicSkies Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox one Y button not working on multiple controllers - Similar Threads - button working multiple

2. my xbox one sync button stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one sync button stopped working: a few days ago I had to unplug my Xbox for personal reasons, it never moved from its place, when I went to plug it back in it turned on just fine, then when I went to sync my controller, the sync...
  3. Xbox one controller button is loose and don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller button is loose and don't work: Progressively the X button of my controller became loose enough to be constantly active. I can still pull it up but it stays active. If I put my controller facing down the X comes out like the...
  4. Xbox app for Windows 10 - Sign in button doesn't work.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app for Windows 10 - Sign in button doesn't work.: I've tried multiple times to get the XBox app to work on my laptop (Windows 10 x64 ver. 1909 / build 18363.959). The problem is that when I click the "Sign In" button on the XBox Live sign in...
  5. My elite series 2 LB button not working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My elite series 2 LB button not working.: I’ve been using my Elite series 2 controller for a bit now (around maybe 2 months) and just recently my LB button just all of a sudden just decided to stop working correctly. Almost everytime I...
  6. Xbox One S HDMI and sync button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S HDMI and sync button not working: My xbox one s was working fine 2 days ago, but last night when I turned it on, my monitor read no signal. I hooked up a chromebook to that monitor with the same hdmi cable and it worked just fine....
  7. Has anyone’s “Play on Xbox” button stopped working on the Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone’s “Play on Xbox” button stopped working on the Xbox app: [IMG] submitted by /u/PhinsFutureSB-Champs [link] [comments]
  8. Sea of Thieves (on PC) Push to Talk button not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves (on PC) Push to Talk button not working: I have tried countless times to use the push to talk function and it just won't work. I've mapped it to different keys and nothing even appears when I try to use it and talk. I can hear other...
  9. Xbox powera enchanced controller back buttons dont work pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox powera enchanced controller back buttons dont work pc: Is there any way to map the back buttons on the PowerA controllers on pc? I really wanna use it as a push to talk but i can't seem to figure out how to get them to work...
  10. My XBOX One wireless controller's triggers stop working after multiple presses of the buttons.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX One wireless controller's triggers stop working after multiple presses of the buttons.: Hello there fellow gamers. Lately I've been having a very frustrating problem with my XBOX ONE / wireless controller. When I am using a semi auto weapon which needs many right trigger presses...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. A button not working kn xbox ckntroller