Xbox optical audio

Discus and support Xbox optical audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to ask a razer Thresher Ultimate. I have an xbox one and plan to buy an xbox series x, unfortunately the new generation will not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Suffik-[xboxvenue], Mar 26, 2020.

1. Xbox optical audio

Hello, I would like to ask a razer Thresher Ultimate. I have an xbox one and plan to buy an xbox series x, unfortunately the new generation will not have an optical audio cable. I tried to connect headphones to the TV with optical cable even though I
    have it plugged into the xbox one now, the headphones normally work just wondering if it will be plugged into the TV instead of the xbox I will not lose any function and it will still be such good sound.

:)

Suffik-[xboxvenue], Mar 26, 2020
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox One S not recognizing 4K capabilities through 4K Denon receiver

Hi, how do you have the optical cable routed, if you're taking it from the Tv to the A/V unit odds are you will only get stereo audio. The best option is to connect the optical cable from the Xbox to the A/V unit.

You would also of course need to go into the audio output settings on the Xbox and turn off HDMI audio and switch to optical audio.

Just had a quick look at the user manual for that A/V. It has 2 optical inputs so you could run one optical cable from the Tv to the A/V port that's marked as Tv Audio and run another optical cable from the Xbox to the optical input that's marked as Media
    Player. You may also need to check the A/V unit is set to output digital audio on that Media Player port. That could be as simple as selecting the audio format on the remote control.
  3. Steel KiLLz Win User

CONNECTING TURTLE BEACH TO XBOX ONE?

I had to change the optical audio out option on the Xbox One settings to "stereo" in order for my Turtle Beaches to pick up audio via optical...
  4. DeathFace Dad Win User

S/Pdif to RCA Audio Adapter for Xbox One

Xbox One has 2 outputs - one HDMI and one Optical Audio (s/pdif). HDMI carries both audio and video. But if you want to send your audio to a receiver that does not have HDMI inputs, then you can use the optical output from Xbox One. PS4 is exactly the
    same.

And William is right - if you try converting HDMI to DVI, you will lose the audio on both Xbox and PS4 (unless you are using the separate optical output for audio).
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

SPDIF Optical Audio Cord not working.

Hi, on your Xbox go to settings/ all settings/ display & sound/ audio output and check that optical audio isn't set to off.

If you intend to use that optical audio cable you can if you wish turn off HDMI audio.
  6. Zavistic Win User

Xbox One Audio Problem

HDMI: HDMI Audio has stopped working on my Monitor.

OPTICAL AUDIO: Don't have any Optical Audio speaker systems.
Thema:

Xbox optical audio

1. Xbox optical audio - Similar Threads - optical audio

2. Optical audio and use of sound extractor for Xbox Series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Optical audio and use of sound extractor for Xbox Series X: So I have the turtlebeach Elite 800X which is a great headset and hard to get it's features in current headsets so want to keep using it but the Xbox Series X lacks a optical audio out so using...
  3. Xbox Party Chat not Outputting through HDMI or Optical Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Party Chat not Outputting through HDMI or Optical Audio: Hey everyone! As the title states I can't seem to get the "Party Chat Output" settings to change. If I have a headset plugged into my controller no matter what the "Party Chat Output" setting is...
  4. Optical Audio Extractor Recommendation - J-Tech's JTD18G-H5CH

in XBoX on Consoles
    Optical Audio Extractor Recommendation - J-Tech's JTD18G-H5CH: Not posting an Amazon link to make sure I'm complying with any linking rules. In a previous post here I asked for recommendations for optical audio extractors. I'm currently running a Logitech...
  5. Audio optical output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio optical output: Currently having an issue connecting to my soundbar through optical output or audio cord. I have a Bluetooth transmitter with optical cord. The Bluetooth is connected to the speaker and when...
  6. xbox x serial audio optical port

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox x serial audio optical port: I would like to know if the geniuses who have decided to remove the optical audio from the new x series have taken into account the large percentage of people who use the optical audio port for...
  7. Audio Issues when streaming from Optical cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Issues when streaming from Optical cable: Hi all, I'm having various issues when trying to stream audio from my Xbox One S to my Echo Studio Speaker (Dolby Atmos enabled). I've got it set up with the Xbox connected via HDMI to my TV,...
  8. Xbox Audio issue - Optical cable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Audio issue - Optical cable: Hello all, I am working through an audio issue with my Xbox one and my 5.1 audio sound system. I have the sound system hooked up to the Xbox with an audio optical cable, with an HDMI running from...
  9. Xbox one Audio issue - optical cable no longer playing 5.1 surround sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Audio issue - optical cable no longer playing 5.1 surround sound: Hello all, I am working through an audio issue with my Xbox one and my 5.1 audio sound system. I have the sound system hooked up to the Xbox with an audio optical cable, with an HDMI running from...
  10. Xbox Series X - no optical audio port?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X - no optical audio port?: I have just seen the new released info about the Xbox Series X. Although more than impressive one thing stood out - the box does not appear to have optical audio s/pdif port. What are your...