Xbox optical audio

Discus and support Xbox optical audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to ask a razer Thresher Ultimate. I have an xbox one and plan to buy an xbox series x, unfortunately the new generation will not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Suffik-[xboxvenue], Mar 26, 2020 at 5:02 AM.

1. Xbox optical audio

Hello, I would like to ask a razer Thresher Ultimate. I have an xbox one and plan to buy an xbox series x, unfortunately the new generation will not have an optical audio cable. I tried to connect headphones to the TV with optical cable even though I
    have it plugged into the xbox one now, the headphones normally work just wondering if it will be plugged into the TV instead of the xbox I will not lose any function and it will still be such good sound.

:)

Suffik-[xboxvenue], Mar 26, 2020 at 5:02 AM
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox One S not recognizing 4K capabilities through 4K Denon receiver

Hi, how do you have the optical cable routed, if you're taking it from the Tv to the A/V unit odds are you will only get stereo audio. The best option is to connect the optical cable from the Xbox to the A/V unit.

You would also of course need to go into the audio output settings on the Xbox and turn off HDMI audio and switch to optical audio.

Just had a quick look at the user manual for that A/V. It has 2 optical inputs so you could run one optical cable from the Tv to the A/V port that's marked as Tv Audio and run another optical cable from the Xbox to the optical input that's marked as Media
    Player. You may also need to check the A/V unit is set to output digital audio on that Media Player port. That could be as simple as selecting the audio format on the remote control.
  3. Steel KiLLz Win User

CONNECTING TURTLE BEACH TO XBOX ONE?

I had to change the optical audio out option on the Xbox One settings to "stereo" in order for my Turtle Beaches to pick up audio via optical...
  4. DeathFace Dad Win User

S/Pdif to RCA Audio Adapter for Xbox One

Xbox One has 2 outputs - one HDMI and one Optical Audio (s/pdif). HDMI carries both audio and video. But if you want to send your audio to a receiver that does not have HDMI inputs, then you can use the optical output from Xbox One. PS4 is exactly the
    same.

And William is right - if you try converting HDMI to DVI, you will lose the audio on both Xbox and PS4 (unless you are using the separate optical output for audio).
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

SPDIF Optical Audio Cord not working.

Hi, on your Xbox go to settings/ all settings/ display & sound/ audio output and check that optical audio isn't set to off.

If you intend to use that optical audio cable you can if you wish turn off HDMI audio.
  6. SGTxJEFFSKYLION Win User

Xbox Series X - no optical audio port?

Microsoft might add an optical audio port to the Xbox Series X. the optical audio port is something I'm not worried about the Xbox Series X having since I only use headsets.
Thema:

Xbox optical audio

1. Xbox optical audio - Similar Threads - optical audio

2. Xbox Audio issue - Optical cable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Audio issue - Optical cable: Hello all, I am working through an audio issue with my Xbox one and my 5.1 audio sound system. I have the sound system hooked up to the Xbox with an audio optical cable, with an HDMI running from...
  3. Xbox one Audio issue - optical cable no longer playing 5.1 surround sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Audio issue - optical cable no longer playing 5.1 surround sound: Hello all, I am working through an audio issue with my Xbox one and my 5.1 audio sound system. I have the sound system hooked up to the Xbox with an audio optical cable, with an HDMI running from...
  4. Xbox Series X - no optical audio port?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X - no optical audio port?: I have just seen the new released info about the Xbox Series X. Although more than impressive one thing stood out - the box does not appear to have optical audio s/pdif port. What are your...
  5. Would an optical audio cable to hdmi work for xbox to tv?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would an optical audio cable to hdmi work for xbox to tv?: My hdmi port on my xbox one stopped working and I cant really get it fixed right now. Is there any way a optical audio to hdmi adapter would work for audio and video from my xbox to tv (connecting...
  6. What is the sampling rate of Xbox One optical audio output ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the sampling rate of Xbox One optical audio output ?: As xbox do not support usb audio output, I can only turn to optical audio. But the DAC I have can only decode 44khz accuratly. So I wanna know the sampling rate of Xbox....
  7. Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX): Hello Xbox support, I've posted this on Reddit already, but after a chat with Xbox support I'm posting this here. The reference from the chat was 1449985394: I just bought the Plantronics RIG...
  8. Audio Lag from 5.1 Optical output from XBOX ONE X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Lag from 5.1 Optical output from XBOX ONE X: Hi all. I'm trying to figure out why my XBOX ONE X has trouble providing snappy audio to my 5.1 sound system. I have the console directly plugged into the channel via Optical out (via a switch)...
  9. Lost optical 5.1 audio on my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost optical 5.1 audio on my Xbox one: I have my console connected to my TV using HDMI but also connected to my Yamaha receiver using an optical cable. It used to work OK for years! (HDMI audio off, optical audio ON, in DTS mode)...
  10. Xbox One S optical audio is stereo only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S optical audio is stereo only: So I have an Xbox One S. Hardware Setup: Video: HDMI -> TV Audio: Optical SPDIF -> Surround Decoder Settings on console: In Settings->Display & Sound->Audio output: Speaker audio -> HDMI is...