Xbox party app

Discus and support Xbox party app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On the xbox one there's a reassuring problem that the party works to a point and then it just crashes and then it says it's got network problems and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by darkangelous, Apr 9, 2014.

1. darkangelous
    darkangelous Guest

Xbox party app

On the xbox one there's a reassuring problem that the party works to a point and then it just crashes and then it says it's got network problems and there's nothing wrong with the internet or the console so is it possibly the app cuz it's just getting annoying
    now... Help lol

:)

darkangelous, Apr 9, 2014
  2. Infrablade
    Infrablade Guest
    Shared app experiences! - App Parties for Xbox One apps

Method 1: Use the Xbox One's Party system, and/or Skype (or Skype's Shared Desktop feature combined with Xbox Party Chat) to create synchronized app parties, perhaps termed 'Party View' or 'Shared View'
    Method 2: Use the Xbox Live Cloud as a 'Dedicated Host' for Xbox One 'Party Apps' to create synchronized app parties, perhaps termed 'Party View' or 'Shared View'.

Again, treated similarly to Shared Desktops in Windows, where Party members can view, share and use 'any' Xbox app together in the Party Chat!

Here, perhaps, the Party leader alone (or other members also) can start an app and 'add/join' it into the Party for all members to see, hear and possibly even 'share control of' together.

Once added to the Party, 'Joined/Shared' apps are then viewed by each user in 'individually controlled' Windowed or Full Screen viewers from within the Xbox One Party itself or in a Viewer app running alongside the party window.

If a user is sharing something such as music to be listened to, each user can optionally place the 'Party View' into the background 'independently' or along with the party chat itself.

Whichever way, we'd refer to this as 'Party View' (a screen which is either 'part of' the Party Chat or an 'App Container' app running in tandem with the party.) Perhaps there could even be whiteboard-like meeting capabilities brought into the 'Xbox Shared app Experience' as well (Similar to such things we saw with the recently announced Surface Hub).

As touched upon in Method 2, perhaps to achieve this, Microsoft could deploy dedicated servers to handle loading the apps into Parties where there's 'instant sync' for all party members. However it's finally implemented, it should be fast and powerful, allowing members to truly share moments together with all Xbox One apps.

Here are a few visual examples to aid in attaining a more complete picture...

Xbox One Shared Apps - Promo

Xbox party app [​IMG]

Xbox One Shared Apps - OneDrive

Xbox party app [​IMG]

Xbox One Shared Apps - Xbox Edge

Xbox party app [​IMG]

Perhaps you guys have other thoughts on how this could be achieved or you're happy with the idea as is... or maybe you have other thoughts on what you'd like to see with this feature if implemented? I'd really like to hear these thoughts and ideas!

You can also take this time to vote on this idea if you feel you'd also like to see it happen! Whatever the case, I'd definitely like to hear thoughts on this feature and possible things you'd use it to accomplish on the Xbox One.

Infrablade, Apr 9, 2014
  3. Coactive
    Coactive Guest
    Xbox App crashing

Recently after a windows update i notice that i would not receive party invites on the xbox app, annoying alone, but it also came with another bug...If im already in a party and someone else invites me to another party the Xbox app crashes. Making have
    to open the app again and rejoin the party, making it impossible to be in a party with constant invites.

Coactive, Apr 9, 2014
  4. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

call of duty: ghost

The party system is done through the Xbox Party app. You can go to the Party app from "My Games and Apps" or just say "Xbox Snap Party" and to start one up and invite people. Boot up Ghosts with your party and they'll join games with you, I believe.
  5. ngocphi Win User

14 day xbox live trial issue

Usually apps and party chat and xbox Live parties are forbidden with trials
  6. AH BrownWoman Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Companion App Not Receiving Party Invitations

No but Ive tried both the xbox companion app and the xbox companion beta app, theres literally no option for party notifications anymore so I cant accept party invites
  7. Christyna64 Win User

xbox party?

The Xbox App works with party chat.
  8. x24hrs2livex Win User

HBO Go for the XBOX One

Third party apps such as HBO GO are the responsibility of that third party. So it is up to HBO to make an app for xbox one. As far as streaming goes skydrive is available to stream movies
Thema:

Xbox party app

1. Xbox party app - Similar Threads - party app

2. Issues with Xbox Audio, third party video apps and Samsung Q90r Soundbar

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with Xbox Audio, third party video apps and Samsung Q90r Soundbar: I've been asked to post this here by someone on Twitter so would be great to get an opinion. I have my Xbox plugged in to my Q90r (7.2.4 soundbar with rears) using hdmi. When the Xbox is set to...
  3. Xbox Beta App now has Voice Chat which is different to Party Chat. You initiate Voice Chat...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Beta App now has Voice Chat which is different to Party Chat. You initiate Voice Chat...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Scouse_ATOM [link] [comments]
  4. Not getting party notifications for xbox app on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not getting party notifications for xbox app on pc: Have tried reseting app and checking that pc notifications are on for that app but still doesnt work. 8f2752cc-85a9-49e7-bec2-fe97d72f3c70
  5. Xbox Beta App Party Chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App Party Chat: Hello! I'm trying to start up a party, but I can't seem to find the button within the app so far. I can join other parties fine if I right click on my friends in the list, but starting my own just...
  6. Xbox app party chat

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app party chat: Every time i create a party and invite one of my friends it automatically says disconnected a38cb5b2-8aa5-483b-a466-5b585f103741
  7. Why was the Party Chat notification removed from Console Companion App?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why was the Party Chat notification removed from Console Companion App?: Title. I do not like using the Xbox Game bar. I get every notification Xbox related on the Console Companion App except party invites. I either have to join a joinable party or create one. I do...
  8. Xbox app on PC not receiving party invites

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on PC not receiving party invites: I was getting party invites but then the Xbox App just stopped working right for some reason. I've done everything I could think of. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, Cleared all the data from the...
  9. Why cant i receive party notifications on my PC with the "Xbox Console Companion" app anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i receive party notifications on my PC with the "Xbox Console Companion" app anymore?: I use a pair of wireless PC headphones that dont work on my xbox, but now i never get any notifications on my PC for party invites. Yes I have troubleshooted my settings on the app, xbox and my...
  10. Party invites removed from PC app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Party invites removed from PC app?: Has the option to receive party invites been removed from the app? I can no longer receive them and the option isn't in my app anymore.... df0c078b-98df-433d-a073-201775aeb4e7