Xbox Party Chat Audio Mixing (Suggestion)

Discus and support Xbox Party Chat Audio Mixing (Suggestion) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I think that a proper party chat audio mixer should be implemented in a future update. I am aware of the “Chat Mixer” in the settings app, and whilst i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GoldieWow, May 22, 2020.

1. GoldieWow
    GoldieWow Guest

I think that a proper party chat audio mixer should be implemented in a future update. I am aware of the “Chat Mixer” in the settings app, and whilst i think it functions well, there is one area that it doesnt function at all - seperate audio levels. I
    am hard of hearing and I sometimes cannot hear certain memebers of my party chat because they are too quiet. I counter this by boosting the chat audio to make their mic’s louder. But all this does is boost the audio levels of my other party chat memebers mic’s
    making it hard to hear everyone else. Everyone has different mic’s and headsets, but we are all using the same type of console, right? If there was a way i could mix the party chat volume by every person, i think it would make a huge difference to other hard
    of hearing people. Just a suggestion, but in terms of accessability, this would make a huge difference.

:)

GoldieWow, May 22, 2020
  2. schnurren Win User

headset with jack 3.5

Hello bricelecart,

You play on your Xbox One? if so, do this :

Guide Button - System - Audio - Headset Chat Mixer

All the way to the left to only hear game audio, all the way to the right to only hear party audio. The middle notches are to mix it, so you can get a good game/party ratio that suits you.
  3. Magnostream Win User

Low party chat in speakers output

Hi, unfortunately no, the option you suggest low only the alert sound of xbox without affect the party voices. I think the problem is that via HDMI is not speakers for Xbox, speakers are only the optical audio I believe, so I will test by optical because
    you can mix nothing in the HDMI audio.
  4. Allebas Win User

Streaming Fortnite using Twitch app from Microsoft store - sound issues

If you want your friends to be heard on your stream>>first all you all have to be in a party. Secondly, people in your party have to enable their voice to be heard on your stream. This is if your using the app on your Xbox One. Now if your game chat
    it would pick up with other people are saying in game chat.

Now this is what I found on Reddit:

If you're using a capture card and using a program for audio mixing or even straight into OBS/Xsplit you can go into your audio options under the XB1 settings and change party chat to broadcast through
    headset and speakers. That changes the options for the party chat to your TV speakers and thus your capture card will be able to pick up ongoing party chat.
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

PC - Stereo Headset Adaptor Issue

I just tested this myself with the Stereo Headset adaptor on my PC, I had assumed that the game/chat audio mix wouldn't work on the PC, and that's how it seems to be. The volume control works, but changing the levels of game or party chat don't. I assume
    that's because it's designed for the Xbox One first and foremost.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Any one else ever hear faint voices when you have headphones plugged in the controller?

Thema:

1. Xbox Party Chat Audio Mixing (Suggestion) - Similar Threads - Party Chat Audio

2. Split Party Chat and Game Audio while streaming on Xbox Companion App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split Party Chat and Game Audio while streaming on Xbox Companion App: Hello, I use display capture in Streamlabs OBS and the Xbox Companion App to broadcast to Twitch. Currently both game audio and party chat are broadcasted when playing with friends as both fall...
  3. Party Chat Permanently Reduces Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat Permanently Reduces Audio: I used to notice the 80% reduction of other sounds (as I configured) when I would join and leave party chat. Now it seems once I join a party it glitches and permanently reduces my game chat to...
  4. Only Audio Coming Through My Headset Is From Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only Audio Coming Through My Headset Is From Party Chat: Hello, this randomly started last night in the middle of a game. My audio to the game and Xbox just cut out and I can now only hear audio coming from people speaking in the party. I get no audio...
  5. Xbox Party Chat Not Outputting Through Main Audio Device Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Party Chat Not Outputting Through Main Audio Device Windows 10: Hello, I have been having a problem when using Xbox Voice Chat On My Windows 10 PC. First of all, so you can better understand the problem I will describe my current audio setup. I have A...
  6. Xbox Party Chat Audio Distortion

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Party Chat Audio Distortion: Lately I've been noticing a bug with my xbox audio settings when I try to use the Party/Game audio slider where if I move towards the middle or anywhere near game audio, party audio will start to...
  7. Audio gone static in party chat when others speak

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio gone static in party chat when others speak: Hi all i use xbox party chat alot to keep in touch with the family but recently anytime i party up with with anyone all there voices are all static and its really loud with no control over the...
  8. Companion App and Party Chat Audio - Mixer/Streamlabs OBS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Companion App and Party Chat Audio - Mixer/Streamlabs OBS: Hello, I have a question regarding the companion app. My setup: - I have my Xbox one X connected to a monitor | My headset is connected to the controller hence the game audio and party audio...
  9. Xbox Companion App Party/audio chat issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Companion App Party/audio chat issues: So when I stream and play my xbox on my laptop it usually works fine. Although sometimes my xbox doesnt auto-sign in... If i stream to my laptop i usually have ny xbox controller plugged into my...
  10. How do I get Fortnite In-Game Party Chat audio to broadcast to twitch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get Fortnite In-Game Party Chat audio to broadcast to twitch?: Recently I have been streaming Fortnite on twitch (off of the app on xbox), but the people in my Fortnite party chat cannot be heard. My own voice can be heard just fine on the stream but you...