XBox Party Chat invitation notification not working on Xbox One or Phone App

Discus and support XBox Party Chat invitation notification not working on Xbox One or Phone App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For the last couple of weeks I have not been receiving Party Chat invitations on either my Xbox One or Phone. I receive every other notification on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jahner33, Feb 13, 2020 at 9:33 AM.

1. Jahner33
    Jahner33 Guest

For the last couple of weeks I have not been receiving Party Chat invitations on either my Xbox One or Phone. I receive every other notification on the system for example Messages, Achievements, Headset Assigned, etc. I also still receive notifications
    when I join a party saying you joined a part and so-and-so joined the party. I have tried the below items to fix this issue with no success.

1. Completely power cycled the Xbox.

2. Completely power cycled Internet Modem and Wireless Router.

3. NAT is open.

4. Changed profile settings such as avatar and a few other things. Support asked me to do this.

5. Logged out of account on my phone. On the Xbox went into the Notification settings and turned each notification to off individually and then all notifications off. Removed my account from my Xbox. Power cycled the Xbox. Re-logged in and turned all
    the notifications back on.

None of these worked.

6. I logged into a buddy's account on my Xbox and was able to receive Party Chat invites.

7. My buddy logged into my account on his Xbox and he DID NOT receive Party Chat invites.

6 & 7 tells me it is my account that is the issue and not the Xbox or phone.

:)

2. Jahner33 Win User

It does not look like anything in the privacy and online safety settings would be blocking these notifications. All of the settings are pretty much set to Allow and either Friends or Everyone.
  3. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

if you haven't yet, please double check the privacy and online safety settings at
    http://account.xbox.com/settings

To verify all is setup to allow those notifications etc.

If any changes were made then it may be needed to redownload your profile on the console.

Let us know the results

Side note: It's not recommended to share your account credentials with others.
  4. Missing Lenk Win User

XBOX ONE UPDATE PREVIEW - NOT ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH FRIENDS, PLEASE HELP!!

"As a result of the changes to the Party App in this initial update, party chat, party matchmaking, and party invites will NOT be compatible between Xbox One consoles that are previewing this update and those that are not. Once this one-week preview of the
    update is completed and the update is released to the general public, party features should work normally between all Xbox One players. Non-party multiplayer and chat are not affected by this, meaning you will still be able matchmake, chat, and play with all
    Xbox Live players regardless of update status inside of game titles. If you have friends that you use the Party App with that have not been invited to preview Xbox One updates, you can invite them by posting in the Invite a Friend to Preview Xbox One Updates
    Forum."
  5. Missing Lenk Win User

XBOX ONE UPDATE PREVIEW FEB - PARTY CHAT DOESNT WORK

"Please note: As a result of the changes to the Party App in this initial update, party chat, party matchmaking, and party invites will NOT be compatible between Xbox One consoles that are previewing this update and those that are not. Once this one-week
    preview of the update is completed and the update is released to the general public, party features should work normally between all Xbox One players. Non-party multiplayer and chat are not affected by this, meaning you will still be able matchmake, chat,
    and play with all Xbox Live players regardless of update status inside of game titles. If you have friends that you use the Party App with that have not been invited to preview Xbox One updates, you can invite them by posting in the Invite a Friend to Preview
    Xbox One Updates Forum."
  6. AH BrownWoman Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Companion App Not Receiving Party Invitations

No but Ive tried both the xbox companion app and the xbox companion beta app, theres literally no option for party notifications anymore so I cant accept party invites
Thema:

1. XBox Party Chat invitation notification not working on Xbox One or Phone App - Similar Threads - Party Chat invitation

2. Not receiving invites for party or game chat

in XboX Insiders
    Not receiving invites for party or game chat: For the past 5-7 days, I have been unable to receive any sort of game or party invites. I am able to send both invite types to my friends. They receive it and join games and parties without issues...
  3. Party Chat invites on Xbox Companion App on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Party Chat invites on Xbox Companion App on PC: Why is there no party invite notification on the PC version of this app? But there's party invite notification on the phone version?? Especially with Gears 5 out with crossplay between Xbox and...
  4. Dont receive party invites or messages at all Xbox PC Party Chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Dont receive party invites or messages at all Xbox PC Party Chat: I reset my PC because it was running slow, I downloaded xbox app and couldnt join anyones party because i didnt receive invites, i tried reinstalling xbox app and reset my pc again but nothings...
  5. Invitation to Party Chat (Notification), Does not appear

in XBoX on Windows
    Invitation to Party Chat (Notification), Does not appear: When someone invites me to a group, the invitation never comes. When I create the chat and invite them, they receive the invitation and can join. Any solution? Notes: When someone sends me a...
  6. Unable to receive party chat invites on Win10 Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to receive party chat invites on Win10 Xbox app: Hello guys, I downloaded the xbox app to play forza 7 but I'm having some issues with the party chats.. First of all, my friends can't send me invites, I'm not seeing them.. Second, sometimes I...
  7. Problems with chat and party invites.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with chat and party invites.: A good amount of time the PC gets all my party and chat invites but don't go to the xbox at all, even when the PC is off I have difficulty getting the invites. Is there any way to ensure that my...
  8. Party Chat Notifications & Invites Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat Notifications & Invites Not Working: My friends and I have been experiencing party chat issues the last few days on Xbox One. After 10 party invites, friends are still not receiving invites. Also, when friends do join or leave party...
  9. Cannot join friends or accept invites but can be in party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot join friends or accept invites but can be in party chat: So tonight this started happening, my friend sends me an invite to plat WoT and accepting it does nothing, cannot inv people to a platoon. Have resetted modem, hard resetted console and still...
  10. Unable to send or receive party chat invites

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to send or receive party chat invites: hello, I am not able to receive party chat invites and the invites I send aren't received. I have reset my modem and router multiple times but the issue continues. any help you can provid is...