Xbox Party Chat Not Outputting Through Main Audio Device Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox Party Chat Not Outputting Through Main Audio Device Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having a problem when using Xbox Voice Chat On My Windows 10 PC. First of all, so you can better understand the problem I will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Javild, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Javild
    Javild Guest

Hello,

I have been having a problem when using Xbox Voice Chat On My Windows 10 PC. First of all, so you can better understand the problem I will describe my current audio setup. I have A soundbar connected through a 3.5mm jack on my PC which I use as a secondary
    output, then I have a USB audio interface that I use to connect my XLR mic to my PC and I use it as my main audio output for my headphones. When I enter a game and have my audio interface set as the main output in settings, I can hear the game through my headphones,
    but when I join an Xbox Party Chat my microphone is used as the input but the voice chat is outputted through my Soundbar. I tried disconnecting the soundbar but then I don't hear the chat.

I've had this problem before with another device where I had two sound outputs, where one would be used as the game output and another as the voice output.yp

:)

Javild, Apr 6, 2020
  2. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

3. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Headset Echoing

If using headset for game audio and chat, mute the TV or any device your game and chat audio is coming through and make sure 'chat' is set to output through headset only. If you have your tv volume up in the background while you're on the headset there
    will probably be echoing especially if you have your party audio set to output through your TV.
  4. CyTeK1978 Win User

X Box One Headset

maybe some Settings for Audio, Party Chat and or Changed the Output to HDMi or something else. Check the Audio Settings on Xbox and the Party+ Output Settings. i also had such an issue and it was the HDMI Audio Setting for me.
  5. Bestlano Win User

HELP!!

Hi LeMoNdEtAnOus, please try the following:

My game chat audio isn't working

Make sure your audio device for both input (microphone) and output (speakers) is set correctly on your PC. Under Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound, and then select Manage audio devices. You’ll find these settings on both the Playback and Recording
    tabs. At the present time, this needs to be selected before you begin game streaming.

If your having trouble hearing audio or seeing audio check the following article:

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-game-audio-video-Windows-10

Thanks,

Best
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox app blocks game audio during chat

Hi crazyjbird44,

I believe this is due to how the Xbox app audio is designed in that I think it prioritizes audio from the party chat when it's open and not from your applications in the background because your party audio device (your wireless headset and mic) is connecting
    to the app itself and not through a controller. I think that if the audio goes through a controller, that you'll be able to hear the party chat along with the game audio at the same time.

I couldn't find anything in the Xbox app settings to get what you want without needing a controller but I'm not sure if there is anything in your Windows audio settings that can solve this problem. You can always go in there and check if there are any relevant
    settings.

I recommend getting a controller and a gaming headset designed for Xbox One that has a headset adapter for the best gaming experience using the Xbox app on Windows 10
Thema:

1. Xbox Party Chat Not Outputting Through Main Audio Device Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Party Chat Outputting

2. Party chat works, in game chat does not (for any game). I also Can't hear any voice...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat works, in game chat does not (for any game). I also Can't hear any voice...: So for years now (I've only cared to fix this recently) I've had an issue where I cannot communicate with any random person online. They cannot hear me, and I cannot hear them. In fact, i can't...
  3. fortnite party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    fortnite party chat: hello, so i contacted epic games because i was having a voice chat issue and they emailed me back saying one of the issues could be that im in xbox party chat and you have to leave even if no one...
  4. Headset will work in party chat won't work on game chat on Overwatch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset will work in party chat won't work on game chat on Overwatch: When I tried to talk in game?match on Overwatch it acts like my headset is not connected. But When I go into a party it works just fine. I have updated my controller, tried a different controller,...
  5. Game Bar on Windows, party chat crashes nonstop

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar on Windows, party chat crashes nonstop: Hello, A lot of my friends have been using Game Bar more frequently due to Modern Warfare since roughly half of us are on PC and the other half on Xbox. Those of us on PC are having the worst...
  6. Help? Xbox voice chat/party in Game Bar randomly makes me leave!

in XboX Insiders
    Help? Xbox voice chat/party in Game Bar randomly makes me leave!: I have an issue where I will join an Xbox party on my PC using one of the Xbox/Companion App but mainly game bar. I’ll be in the party just fine, but sometimes I’ll randomly leave and it won’t...
  7. Yo, Gamechat got messed up for me, but party chat works fine. Anyone has this issue? If not...

in XboX Insiders
    Yo, Gamechat got messed up for me, but party chat works fine. Anyone has this issue? If not...: Topic title submitted by /u/Realcoletrain [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox party chat on mobile app disconnects everyone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox party chat on mobile app disconnects everyone: My friend doesnt have an xbox so i made him an account to speak to us on xbox while playing and every time he joins it disconnects the full party, is this because of the account or is it an issue...
  9. Low party chat in speakers output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Low party chat in speakers output: Hi, I use to stream so i need to use the speakers output in the settings Volume preference, so game audio and party audio goes throught the speakers. Unfortunately the audio of the people in party...
  10. Party Chat Audio Output Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat Audio Output Problem: When I am in a party if often happens that I cant suddenly hear the other players anymore. Usually I hear them like normal, but then suddenly - I dont know why - I cant. The Indicator in the...