XBOX Pass for PC - Multiple Games Crash to Desktop within Minutes of Launching

Discus and support XBOX Pass for PC - Multiple Games Crash to Desktop within Minutes of Launching in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So last month I got a new computer (Specs at bottom of post) and while trying to run certain games I find that they crash to desktop without any error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Scammanator, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Scammanator
    Scammanator Guest

So last month I got a new computer (Specs at bottom of post) and while trying to run certain games I find that they crash to desktop without any error prompts within fifteen minutes of launching the game.

XBP games this is occurring with:

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Goat Simulator

Dishonored 2

XBP games that do not have this problem:

Pillars of Eternity

Slay the Spire

Children of Morta

The games perform fine prior to the crash, with a good framerate, and I've monitored all the components and none are becoming notably strained or overheated. Graphics settings don't seem to matter. My computer can run Monster Hunter: World through Steam
    on highest graphics settings without problems. So far as I can tell, it's only Xbox Pass games that have this problem (Note: small sample size, and most of my game collection is stuff that could run on my previous computer, which was mid-range back in 2013).
    The surest way for me to quickly replicate the problem is to perform a benchmark test in Rise of the Tomb Raider, which always causes a crash before completion.

My drivers have been updated, I've tried running the games from a new administrator windows account, I've tried reinstalling the games, and I've double checked all my hardware connections.

I'm running out of ideas. Only hint I've found by searching is that might be related to DirectX versions, but I don't know how to go about fixing/testing that.

Any help would be very appreciated.

System Specs:

Window 10 Home 64-bit

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

RAM: 16GB

DirectX version: 12

:)

Scammanator, Apr 9, 2020
  2. GaryBlankenship1 Win User

The Outer Worlds started crashing today in game pass for PC version. Any hotfix coming?

I am playing the game the outer worlds on pc via xbox game pass and I am getting random crashes to desktop just started doing this yesterday .
  3. Tom.Servaux Win User

Game pass for PC save location

I just signed up for the Xbox Game Pass for PC. I downloaded Cross Code to my desktop but I also want to play on my laptop. I installed the Game Pass app on both and played for several hours on my desktop. When in installed both again on my laptop the save
    for me desktop is not there. Does Game Pass for PC support Cloud saves yet?

Thanks,

Chris
  4. Daniel6591 Win User

BF3 is worst game ever.

Brink is the worst game ever, i started the game up and within seconds of it launching, my xbox crashed
  5. Airiak Win User

PC HORIZON 4 KEEPS CRASHING

Is it crashing to desktop? Crashing to a blue screen? Or crashing causing the PC to restart?

Does your PC meet the min req?

Do you have all of your drivers current?

Is your PC well ventilated?
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

XBox Console Companion not working (0x409) 0x80080005

Hi Mediocre,

Thanks for coming to the forums. The game Forza do you own it or playing through game pass? If you own it, you can launch it from the store or create shortcut to launch from desktop. The Xbox beta app is needed if you are playing game from the Xbox game
    pass.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. XBOX Pass for PC - Multiple Games Crash to Desktop within Minutes of Launching - Similar Threads - Pass Multiple Games

2. Xbox Ultimate Game Pass - Multiple Devices

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Ultimate Game Pass - Multiple Devices: Hi, I'm not sure if this is possible so hoping someone can help. I have a PC and signed up to Xbox Ultimate Game Pass. I have 3 sons with an Xbox each, using their own individual accounts per...
  3. Ultimate Game Pass - Multiple Consoles

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Ultimate Game Pass - Multiple Consoles: My son has a profile. It has Ultimate Game Pass. I have a profile. It does not. I'm considering purchasing another Xbox for my room. In order to have access to the Ultimate Game Pass games on...
  4. Game pass ultimate on multiple xbox with multiple kids

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game pass ultimate on multiple xbox with multiple kids: I currently have 1 xbox one. As a parent with family sharing, I have the game pass ultimate under my account. I have thought about getting a second xbox so that my kids can play online at the same...
  5. Xbox game pass no longer shared across multiple xboxes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass no longer shared across multiple xboxes: Hello, Since the latest update, i am no longer able to share my xbox game pass with my girlfriend. I have my account (which owns game pass) set as home console on her xbox, but the only way for...
  6. installed games - game pass with multiple users

in XBoX on Windows
    installed games - game pass with multiple users: hi, here's my problem: one pc two users: each with his own microsoft account and game pass subscription user 1 installs "the outer worlds" and plays it. nice and smooth user 2 doesn't see the...
  7. Multiple people reporting Daily Game Pass quest not working

in XboX Insiders
    Multiple people reporting Daily Game Pass quest not working: submitted by /u/XeroEncryption [link] [comments]
  8. Multiple issues with Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple issues with Game Pass Ultimate: So I decided to post here since all attempts with the Virtual Agent result in "Sorry, my bot code is having an issue." Since I have some time off, I decided to give Game Pass a go since it's only...
  9. Multiple renewal/expiration dates for Xbox Game Pass (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple renewal/expiration dates for Xbox Game Pass (PC): My account page in the "Xbox (Beta)" app it says my Xbox Game Pass sub will auto-renew on 1/9/2020, on the website it says it will be 1/15/2020, the info boxes in the client says it will expire on...
  10. Game Pass Ultimate on multiple user accounts (same PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass Ultimate on multiple user accounts (same PC): So there are two accounts on the computer, both of which have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription, however one account installed a bunch of games from the Game Pass library and they are listed as...