Xbox PC App: Age of Empires II Always Trying To Install But Never Doing So

Discus and support Xbox PC App: Age of Empires II Always Trying To Install But Never Doing So in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I know the title is odd but that's the best way I could describe it. Essentially what happened was that one day Age of Empires II on the Xbox PC App... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TheRatMan, Dec 3, 2019 at 9:15 AM.

1. TheRatMan
    TheRatMan Guest

I know the title is odd but that's the best way I could describe it. Essentially what happened was that one day Age of Empires II on the Xbox PC App was trying to update but I think my internet connection was acting up at the time and therefore it couldn't
    get very far in the update. But then even after my connection was back to normal nothing was downloading into that game specifically. So I tried cancelling it but it didn't seem to do much. I had to go into the settings of my computer and uninstall the game
    directly from there. But now while it clearly uninstalled as I had more hard drive space afterwards the icon was still there as if it was still trying to download the game/update. Hitting cancel got rid of the icon but now whenever I restart the app the icon
    comes back and I have to cancel it again. On top of that it seems like I can't install the game anymore as if I try to install it it shows the same broken progress bar from when nothing was working and it's saying 0 bytes are going into it. It seems I've somehow
    glitched AoE II into never being installed again.

Edit: For reference this is what I see on the xbox app and the windows store. It's stuck like this. Hitting cancel gets rid of it and give me the install prompt but when I click it it goes back to this.

Xbox PC App: Age of Empires II Always Trying To Install But Never Doing So [​IMG]

Xbox PC App: Age of Empires II Always Trying To Install But Never Doing So [​IMG]

:)

2. TheRatMan Win User

I don't even care about reinstalling it at this point, I have purged this game from my computer. I just want these apps to stop trying to download it.
  3. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

See if there is any update from win10, I had problems with some games in Pc and after an update downloaded normally.
  4. TheRatMan Win User

Resetting both the Microsoft Store and Xbox (beta) app didn't change anything. When I re-opened the app it still shows AoE II trying to install/update at 3% with no bytes being downloaded into it.
  5. TheRatMan Win User

Just checked and the same thing happens on the Microsoft Store. If I got to the AoE II page on the store it immediately tries downloading the update. Cancelling it will cause it to cancel for a moment and then immediately start attempting to download again.
    It's stuck in some kind of download loop.
  6. TheRatMan Win User

I've also made sure to delete any other stray AoE II files from my computer. Could it be possible this is some kind of visual glitch?
Thema:

1. Xbox PC App: Age of Empires II Always Trying To Install But Never Doing So - Similar Threads - App Age Empires

2. Films and tv app not playing my movies

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Films and tv app not playing my movies: I am signed into my xbox account but when i try to play a movie i've purchased it says i need to put in a password and username but nowhere to enter them into. 889fc932-c0d7-49d6-986b-39d0ec5c15e4
  3. Game pass app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass app: so i set it up as described to download games to my console but it never seems to work any ideas fellow xbox gamers 272c288c-ff0e-4372-bcaf-cade4a9704a8
  4. My Age of Empires 2: DE will not download. The Xbox App/Windows Store will do 0-100% in a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Age of Empires 2: DE will not download. The Xbox App/Windows Store will do 0-100% in a...: My Age of Empires 2: DE will not download. The Xbox App/Windows Store will do 0-100% in a second, say it's installed then only have the option to install again, I've reinstalled all the xbox apps...
  5. Adjusting Apps, Games Family Settings for a Child. Adjust the age 16 or 17 but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adjusting Apps, Games Family Settings for a Child. Adjust the age 16 or 17 but...: Thank you ahead of time for any assistance as I have gone through every support item I could think of or find to help me adjust this. I have a mature 15yo and is under Family as Child as I would...
  6. Hulu app no longer restricts content to age limit set on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hulu app no longer restricts content to age limit set on Xbox: Hulu doesn't have parental controls per its website, and states the controls on the console should control the app. It has until recently. Now under my family account, Hulu will not run without...
  7. IM AN ADULT, y cant i download apps exceeding an age 18 rating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    IM AN ADULT, y cant i download apps exceeding an age 18 rating: im using an adult account but i cant download apps with an 18 or older age rating..such as netflix or the ubisoft app please help!(i am also enrolled in preview program)...
  8. Dragon Age: Inquisition: "Do you own this game or app?" error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dragon Age: Inquisition: "Do you own this game or app?" error.: I recently installed the Dragon Age Inquisition game sometime between May 25-June 15, 2016. Today I tried to play the game again after a two week break due to work and received the message "do you...
  9. Youtube app xbox one age restriction

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Youtube app xbox one age restriction: hi all i cant play videos that are 18+ im 22 and have no problem on browser or apps on other devices. all the settings are set up as unrestricted all i want to do is watch some of the top 10 on...
  10. Xbox Insider App age restriction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Insider App age restriction: Hello Everyone, a friend of mine cannot use the Xbox Insider App, everytime he starts it up it tells him that he is required to be atleast 18 years of age to participate. The Person in question...