Xbox PC app new update questions

Discus and support Xbox PC app new update questions in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea4-mxDSz6I https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/11/22776024/microsoft-xbox-app-windows-folder-install-uwp-options... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/_MeltedCheese_, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Xbox PC app new update questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea4-mxDSz6I

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/11/22776024/microsoft-xbox-app-windows-folder-install-uwp-options

According to these, the MS Store / Xbox App will finally allow users to access their game files and do basic stuff regarding them.

So to any Xbox Insiders, does this include things like ability to make backups of the games, or move game folders (both from within the app and manually given the restricted access to those folders), or even verify existing game files for a fresh installation? The last one is the most important imo especially for lost installations or low monthly data caps (I can just download a repack, install them, and then verify the files, I always do this for games on Steam to save data).

Also, any idea when the update rolls out? It's touted as a 'November Update' but the month is almost over.

submitted by /u/_MeltedCheese_
    [link] [comments]

/u/_MeltedCheese_, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Can Not Sign Into Games on Windows 8

Hi Box,

As your PC is a new one, have you made sure it is fully updated?

In addition to installing all new updates, I would suggest checking out our
    Xbox apps on Windows 8
    troubleshooting guide, and following the recommended solutions listed there.

Let us know how that goes, or if you have anymore questions.
  3. xBlack Love Win User

What if the xbox included in win10 system cannot open Microsoft Store

I would personally try troubleshooting through multiple steps,

1. Checking for updates on your PC

2. Checking for updates in the windows store for the Xbox app

3. Restarting your computer

4.uninstalling the Xbox app and reinstalling it may work

(I believe that is your question - that the xbox app specifically wont work)
  4. Lady Nataleigh Win User

Custom Gamer Picture

The new Xbox app update doesn't seem to allow people to change their icon. Meaning the only way to change it now is through the non-updated version of the mobile app, on the system itself (By saving the image or using a USB), or using the PC app.
  5. PlainMax21 Win User

Elite Series 2 Xbox controller

It's still saying there's an update required on my Xbox after shutting it down completely unplugging it I waited 2 minutes instead of 10 seconds for good measure and the Xbox accessories app on my PC says: Unfortunately this app doesn't currently support your controller's new firmware on PC. We're working on updating the PC experience. Check back soon!
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Now TV Boost update?

I think you must ask this question to the Now TV support because they must develop the new (updated) App for Xbox One.
Thema:

Xbox PC app new update questions

1. Xbox PC app new update questions - Similar Threads - app update questions

2. xbox app is no longer updating recently played games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app is no longer updating recently played games: I have a list of games that still show up,but as far as newer games on steam and games I have been playing xbox app is not updating. I want it to display what game I have been playing these last...
  3. Xbox app reinstalls entire game EVERY UPDATE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app reinstalls entire game EVERY UPDATE: [img] This has already happened to me once before. and i could not resolve the issue and i had to uninstall and reinstall the game in the end. Please if there is something i can do to prevent...
  4. Updates for games and apps wont show up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updates for games and apps wont show up: I cant get any updates to show for any games or apps on the series X, when I go into my games and apps, then to updates it's just constantly saying no updates currently available, I dont have the...
  5. Updating games on xbox app downloading that game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updating games on xbox app downloading that game: Hello, I have a problem with the Xbox app updating games. when I try to update any game (does not matter which one is, it is the same for every game) I am downloading the whole game. I do not know...
  6. App update problem

in XBoX on Windows
    App update problem: I cannot update the Microsoft xbox purchase host and I can't update events (beta) apps. It's stuck on 0% I've had this for awhile now. d3f04ffe-ac24-4d1e-b47e-a2d5e3987b3d
  7. When Xbox Accessories App for PC gonna be fixed or updated?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Xbox Accessories App for PC gonna be fixed or updated?: I cant configure my Xbox Elite 2 controller(firmware 5.11.3115.0 ) bcoz it said controller's new firmware not supported. [img] The advisor or microsoft employee told me/us to use the console...
  8. Xbox PC App does not respect my Automatic Update settings and cannot pause a download, it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC App does not respect my Automatic Update settings and cannot pause a download, it...: Hi, I am unable to pause game updates in Xbox PC App. It ignores my command and automatically resumes the download. Also, I disabled Auto Update feature but Xbox PC app seems to ignore my...
  9. Xbox Accessories App PC needs an update for Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Accessories App PC needs an update for Xbox Elite Series 2: after I updated my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller using my friend's Xbox One console. I went home to open Xbox Accessories App on my PC so I can configure my controller. My Controller's version...
  10. Question about System/app/game updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about System/app/game updates: Hello everyone, does the Xbox One automatically download updates for Apps/Games & the system software when it's in standby mode? -PwN0oGrphy 6e4a9f36-a6d8-42a1-9084-6c91c357a1f9