Xbox PC app not installing games error code: 0x00000001

Discus and support Xbox PC app not installing games error code: 0x00000001 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, Had no issues until now. But now when I try to install any game. It gives me error and shows that ^ error code. It says to update windows... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Toxillius, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Toxillius
    Toxillius Guest

Hello all,

Had no issues until now. But now when I try to install any game. It gives me error and shows that ^ error code. It says to update windows but mine is fully updated and tried reinstalling xbox app with no luck.

:)

Toxillius, Aug 26, 2022
  2. Noah_1337 Win User

[FIXED] Installation Error Microsoft Store (PC), Ori and the Will of the Wisps | 0x89235172 and 0x00000001

Hey! Reporting back I fixed my problem!

The solution in the Reddit post didn't work but what I did do was install the Xbox App. In doing so I was able to try and install the game in the App. This gave me another Error code (0x00000001). After looking it up I followed this troubleshooting guide:

https://notesread.com/how-to-fix-microsoft-flight-simulator-download-or-install-error-0x00000001/

For me Solution 3 worked. After Resetting my internet connection I was able to download and install the game on my PC!

Thank you for your fast reply and help.
  3. James_881XT Win User

Doom eternal has broken my game pass

I have gone through the steps, and rebooted my pc a few times, at one point I thought it worked since doom did not appear in the Microsoft store of xbox app, but after I tried to install a game to see if it worked Doom came back and stopped the install.

some of the error codes I get are

0x00000001

0x8000000b

0x803fb107
  4. T0MS M0M Win User

problem game pass ultimate pc error 0x00000001

I'm having the same exact issue. Every game I try to download gives me "Error code: 0x00000001". I've made sure both the app and my PC are up to date.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this TOXILLIUS

May I know if you tried this?
    Reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

If yes, please tell me what else did you tried, in that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  6. CameronDulaney Win User

Minecraft bedrock won't install with launcher

I'm having the same issue as the original poster. The microsoft store won't allow me to install, the Xbox app allows me to begin the install but before I get to 1 percent it gives me error code 0x00000001 and my only option is to cancel the download.
Thema:

1. Xbox PC app not installing games error code: 0x00000001 - Similar Threads - app installing games

2. Xbox App constantly freezes and locks up upon attempts to install games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App constantly freezes and locks up upon attempts to install games: So I've been struggling with this for a few months and nothing I've tried has worked I will start an install for a game (for example: Deathloop) It will begin installing After <1 GB has...
  3. Xbox App stopped launching some games, and gives error 0x00000001 when trying to install...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App stopped launching some games, and gives error 0x00000001 when trying to install...: I have a dual-boot computer, I mostly use Linux and I was not gaming lately. Last Saturday (Sept 17th), I logged in Windows and tried to play Halo Infinitive and I would not launch. I then ran all...
  4. Cannot install games on the xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install games on the xbox app: So I click Install on any game in the Xbox app, and it says "Preparing, 0%". It stays at 0%. I've tried restarting my laptop, uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app and Gaming Services, and...
  5. Owned and installed games not showing up on PC Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Owned and installed games not showing up on PC Xbox app: So games disappeared from my Xbox app... They are intalled, I can find them when I go to Xbox app -> My library -> Manage installs; and in the microsoft store. Its so annoying to look for them...
  6. Xbox app on Windows 10 installing games I previously uninstalled without permission

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on Windows 10 installing games I previously uninstalled without permission: I been having a problem for a few months where the Xbox app will just one day decide to reinstall Doom Eternal for PC. This is a 90GB download which it occasionally decides to do without my...
  7. [Resolved] [Xbox App] "This location isn't set up for installing games."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Resolved] [Xbox App] "This location isn't set up for installing games.": Whenever I try to install a game through the Xbox app I always get the same error: "This location isn't set up for installing games." Although, Whenever I go into "Set it as your location for...
  8. Xbox App on PC not showing installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on PC not showing installed games: Hi, I recently upgraded my version of MSFS from the Game Pass edition to Premium Deluxe and the game updated and runs fine however it no longer shows in the left pane of my Xbox App as...
  9. My WIN10 will no longer install or update any games or apps through the microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My WIN10 will no longer install or update any games or apps through the microsoft store: I first ran into this issue attempting to install a game on my win10 pc (that it up to date) The game ques like it is going to update, then shows that it is finished immediately but isn't...
  10. Gaming services app on pc is getting corrupted(even after re install)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services app on pc is getting corrupted(even after re install): The gaming services app is showing 0KB size in apps. Repair and reset doesn't work. Uninstalling through powershell and re installing via xbox app/ms store works for a while but, the app reverts...