Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It

Discus and support Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; In Xbox PC App's settings I can see both my drives. [img] However when I want to download games, the E drive only appears in some games, only a few... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Muratcan Bilgiç, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It

In Xbox PC App's settings I can see both my drives.

Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It [​IMG]

However when I want to download games, the E drive only appears in some games, only a few actually. Here are examples from Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Horizon 5.

Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It [​IMG]

This wasn't an issue before. I just realized this today. How can I get my games to download on E drive.

Thank you.

:)

Muratcan Bilgiç, Nov 11, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Muratcan, how are you today? Hope you're well.

1. Go to "my computer" > Select the disk you want to save files from now on.

2. There will be a folder called "Windows apps" > Right click and select properties > security > advanced.

3. Another tab will appear, click continue (for this, your account must have admin privileges).

4. Where is owner click "change" > then "Advanced" > Then "find now" > Then choose "Authenticated Users" > Click OK, then OK again and click apply.

5. After this rename the WindowsApps folder to WindowsApps.old

6. Create a new folder called WindowsApps.

NOTE: It is important that you rename the folder according to step 5 and create another one according to step 6, otherwise it won't work.

7. Restart the PC.

8. Then try changing the save location for new apps and games in the settings again.

9. If it still doesn't work for you, delete the WpSystem folder on your E drive: it should allow you to change download locations without an error.

You could also try to download on the Disc C: and move it to E: once it's installed.
  3. reddevildj Win User

external hard drive

I got an external hard drive for my Xbox One and installed everything on it, yesterday i turned off the Xbox while i was on a game and now my Xbox doesn't recognize the hard drive but when i connected it to my PC it is recognized.
  4. XenoBogusOne Win User

Update 1407 Broke External Drive

Solution: Had to plug the external drive into a computer, format it, plug it back into the xbox one, let the xbox format it, and was good to go.

Don't know why this happened and had to re-download games but it the xbox now recognizes the external drive
  5. Frathos Win User

Xbox is not detecting my external hardrive.

Sometimes external HDD die, have you tried connecting the drive to your PC to see if it can recognize it? If the PC doesn't see it too then it's probably the external storage that is faulty.
  6. RogMiCa Win User

External harddrive for media not recognised by Xbox one

My external hard drive has been having issues since the new dashboard update. Now I have to turn on the Xbox two to three times to get it to recognize it. Also, yesterday, it wouldn't let me download a game to the external hard drive. I was able to download
    it to the internal hard drive but only when the external wasn't recognized. For some strange reason, now when the external hard drive is working, I can't reset the console, I have to turn it completely off. Pressing the reboot option causes the Xbox to sit
    with a black screen and never reboots.
Thema:

1. Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It - Similar Threads - App Recognizes External

2. Xbox PC app selectively not recognizing one specific drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox PC app selectively not recognizing one specific drive: This one has me baffled. Xbox gamepass app refuses to install games to my D: drive (an HDD mounted within the case). My libraries point to this drive. It can install Solitaire there just fine via...
  3. Console Companion/Xbox App won't recognize I'm signed into my console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Companion/Xbox App won't recognize I'm signed into my console.: Just to start, I play on an Xbox One and use Windows 10. So I usually remote play through my laptop just because it's easier to see the screen for me. But when I tried opening it up today, the...
  4. Game Pass App does not recognize already installed games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass App does not recognize already installed games.: Have two hard drives. Primary drive took a dump and I had to replace and reinstall windows. Redownload Xbox Game Pass App and can't find a way for the app to recognize the games on the secondary...
  5. Xbox app not recognizing that i have SoT on steam but it recognizes other games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app not recognizing that i have SoT on steam but it recognizes other games: I downloaded the Xbox app on my PC so that i could play with my friend but I'm not sure if I need to play the game through the Xbox app but no matter what i have tried the Xbox app doesn't...
  6. Xbox App seems to recognize but doesn't accept external hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App seems to recognize but doesn't accept external hard drive?: Hello everyone! I bought a new external hard drive (HDD) for storing games. It works perfectly fine with other launchers, I've already installed some games. The XBox app for PC (W10), however,...
  7. xbox app not recognizing external storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app not recognizing external storage: I've tried for an hour following all the steps in other guides Including; checking for the latest system update, restarting my pc and changing default install locations in settings and the Xbox...
  8. Xbox app not recognizing my external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app not recognizing my external hard drive: I have set new content to be saved right onto my external hard drive from the storage settings and on the Xbox app, yet the Xbox still doesn't recognize the hard drive when going to install, and...
  9. New external hard drive recognized for media - won't format for games and apps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New external hard drive recognized for media - won't format for games and apps.: I just bought a 3tb USB 3.0 Seagate expansion external hard drive and I'm having this same issue. I've tried everything you have and nothing works. The Setting>Power and Startup, and turn off the...
  10. New external hard drive recognized for media - won't format for games and apps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New external hard drive recognized for media - won't format for games and apps.: I've just purchased a 2tb USB 3.0 Seagate external hard drive for extra game storage. When I plugged it into the xbox one it was immediately recognized, but only for media. No menu came up for me...