Xbox pc app - Refuses to use my primary game drive

Discus and support Xbox pc app - Refuses to use my primary game drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have had Gears 5 installed since release via the XBOX app for PC on the very same drive as my other games. With some hickups on the way it worked... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Smerjel, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Smerjel
    Smerjel Guest

I have had Gears 5 installed since release via the XBOX app for PC on the very same drive as my other games. With some hickups on the way it worked fine until suddenly it was lacking an update and just BROKE,

It will no longer install on my secondary D: drive with 1TB of free space. If I try install directly to D: there is not enough space. If I install it on any other drive (which works fine) and then try to move it to D: it does not work.

No apps from MS store can no longer be stored on D:

I have tried:

-reset and uninstall MS store

-reset and uninstall gaming services

-reset and uninstallXBOX app

-Deleting the partition on D: and make a new one.

-Using power shell to remove gaming services. Disabling xbox services and xbox auth services etc.

-Error checked the drive (Samsung 860 EVO 1TB)

Why on earth would my "game" drive just out of the blue become inaccesible for the XBOX app to install/move games to?

Summary:

MS no longer accept using the D: drive for installing apps/games.

:)

Smerjel, Oct 30, 2020
  2. {Parity} Win User

Games and Apps are not visible until plugging in external drive.

Not sure but is the drive that you are attempting to read the games and apps from the primary drive?
  3. TheMrAJT Win User

Minecraft Update stuck in a loop

I had a similar issue with Ticket To Ride in the Xbox app on PC. Just refused to update - I uninstalled the game, restarted my PC then downloaded it all again and it worked like a treat. Maybe try that?
  4. JonahJoestar Win User

Cannot log in to the PC game pass app.

It's the Xbox (Beta) App on my PC. No error code shows up unfortunately. The app straight up refuses to take me to the sign on screen.

I'll try that Xbox identity provider app for sure!
  5. madlypsykhotic Win User

Xbox360 game saves offline

Sorry... all games are stored and saved on my WD drive. Not the Xbox One S console. Only thing I have installed on the console is the OS, Apps. All games (digital and CDs) are stored on the WD drive. Set to primary as well for all games.
  6. itsNott Win User

Installation von Spielen auf alter Festplatte in neuem PC?[Installation of games on an old hard drive in a new PC?]

Hi Nott,

Thanks for the reply. This is a difficult one as the old hard drive has files from the entire system of the old PC. This could mean the error is system files, game files or any other ones. The game pass folder are not accessible as they are for games you
    technically do not own. As you get them through game pass. Is the old hard drive a secondary one or the primary? As the best thing would be to reformat the drive so it would match the new PC.

Thanks,

Brad
    It's not the primary hard drive, but I really don't want to reformat it as it has almost 2 TB of data on it (games, work files... - and everything except for these games works perfectly fine). I'd have to buy another external hard drive just to save my files.

Is it not possible to simply delete these files? By letting the Xbox app manually detect it or anything like that?
Thema:

1. Xbox pc app - Refuses to use my primary game drive - Similar Threads - app Refuses primary

2. Xbox One refuses to launch games or apps if an external HDD is plugged into it (takes too...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One refuses to launch games or apps if an external HDD is plugged into it (takes too...: Hello! 2 or 3 years ago I bought an external hard drive (Seagate 4TB) for by Xbox One, and until yesterday everything worked fine. But now, my Xbox refuses to play any games or apps if the...
  3. Xbox (Beta) App and PSO2 Refuse to Sign In

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) App and PSO2 Refuse to Sign In: I was able to play Phantasy Star Online 2 with zero issues up until a week or so ago. Now, anytime I try to log into the game, it states I need to log into my Xbox Live account, which it shows I...
  4. Xbox Rewards Console App refuses to load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Rewards Console App refuses to load: I'm noticing that the Xbox Rewards App for the Xbox One is once again having issues with refusing to start up, is anyone else having the same issue with the app or any app on the console's home...
  5. My Xbox refuses to load a game or app twice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox refuses to load a game or app twice: I’ve tried EVERYTHING! If i open Netflix or Mixer or what have you, then close them to play a game, my xbox will not reopen them. I have to restart my Xbox to reopen the app. EVERY TIME. Why? Now...
  6. Apps refuse to Install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Apps refuse to Install.: The Apps on my Xbox One refuse to update/install and everytime I go to uninstall, they only show that they are not even installed and are ready to be now but they are still on my Home Page as Apps...
  7. Wireless Display app refuses to connect to PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless Display app refuses to connect to PC: I can't get the new Wireless Display app to connect with my Windows 10 PC. It connected to my Android phone just fine, but with the PC it'll start the process but the PC immediately disconnects...
  8. Issues with game updates and apps refusing to load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with game updates and apps refusing to load: Hey. Wondering if anyone can help? tried to install Just Cause 4 this morning and the disc based install went fine but refusing to install any updates for it. Just keeps saying installation...
  9. The XBOX app simply refuses to let me in Im login into my Microsoft account.

in XBoX on Windows
    The XBOX app simply refuses to let me in Im login into my Microsoft account.: The XBOX app simply refuses to let me in Im login into my Microsoft account. Nothing in the help helps. 0d344511-bb33-4f16-8563-c086182b1da4
  10. Games&apps refuse to open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games&apps refuse to open: Games and apps crash then say it takes too long to load and wont load at all. Been happening everyday for a couple months. Hard restarting seems to fix it but has to be done ALOT now. Its so...