(Xbox PC App Suggestion) Detect Existing files for Installation

Discus and support (Xbox PC App Suggestion) Detect Existing files for Installation in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Pretty sure I'm not the first to suggest this, and won't be the last, but the Xbox App NEEDS to have a feature to detect existing game files in the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/_MeltedCheese_, Nov 29, 2021.

1. (Xbox PC App Suggestion) Detect Existing files for Installation

Pretty sure I'm not the first to suggest this, and won't be the last, but the Xbox App NEEDS to have a feature to detect existing game files in the installation directory. Essentially, the app will check valid game files, then (re-)download any broken or invalid ones, hence shortening download time.

I usually download repacks to save bandwidth, then install them and move them to the respective client's game directory to detect those files on their legitimate copy. I'm pretty sure most of the PC gaming community with low download speeds, or bandwidth quotas, does this.

Steam, GoG, Origins etc. have this feature and it has been a blessing. Having this for the Xbox App (for that promised "be more like Steam" update teased recently) will be a blessing for GP users who have problems downloading big games via the app.

submitted by /u/_MeltedCheese_
    [link] [comments]

/u/_MeltedCheese_, Nov 29, 2021
  2. PeterSmal1 Win User

Forza Horozin 5 Download

Won't the Xbox App detect the files if I just say install again?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Gamepass Pc

Hi,

Error 0x80070005 is an 'access denied' error code. It means that games and apps can't be installed due to file access restrictions.

Did you use D:\ drive on a previous PC or previous install of Windows 10?

Games and Apps on Windows 10 Store install to a folder called 'WindowsApps', if this folder already exists on your drive, you won't be able to install games.
  4. BUDZI0L Win User

Xbox Pass PC

I wrote that i installed game by xbox app with pc pass -_-

Second thing, game is not installed, only files left...files what I can't get into.
  5. FreakRoach Win User

xbox app

What are the fixes you tried? I'll suggest uninstall the Xbox App, restart your PC and then install the app again, and try.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

I Wonder How Big A 4K Digital Game Download Will Be On The Scorpio?

it will most likely detect which xbox version you have and download the amount needed, same as disc, it will detect which xbox you are using and install the needed files only.
Thema:

(Xbox PC App Suggestion) Detect Existing files for Installation

1. (Xbox PC App Suggestion) Detect Existing files for Installation - Similar Threads - App Suggestion Detect

2. Suggestion for the xbox game pass app in PC

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestion for the xbox game pass app in PC: [IMG] Good afternoon, as a collector of achievements I would like to suggest the creation of the category "Xbox Achievements" in the game pass search filter, it is very annoying to keep logging...
  3. Xbox app suggestions: Game Hub/Xbox App

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app suggestions: Game Hub/Xbox App: I think it would be a good idea to add game hub to the xbox app for the phone etc. It would be easier and quicker I think it would end up having more posts. Lets say your not home at the moment...
  4. 2 requests/suggestions please, regarding the Xbox app and game clips/screenshots.

in XboX Insiders
    2 requests/suggestions please, regarding the Xbox app and game clips/screenshots.: Please can we have the “watch” tab put back on our profiles so we can see the clips our friends have recorded. I still can’t understand why it was removed. It was one of the best things to be able...
  5. Feedback And Suggestions For The Xbox Beta App

in XboX Insiders
    Feedback And Suggestions For The Xbox Beta App: I'm still gonna vote for the store and achievements. I did see that the PS app updated today and has a store. Would that mean the Apple/Google 30% fee theory can be thrown out? Or its just that...
  6. Xbox App Suggestion:-Xbox mode for Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App Suggestion:-Xbox mode for Xbox app: Xbox Mode For Xbox app Allows you to have a baked-in console for full screens and TVs emulated in the Xbox app it will function like an Xbox Series X and the project lock heart model aka the Xbox...
  7. Xbox App for PC: Guide UI & Suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC: Guide UI & Suggestions: I’ve been using Xbox and PC for years now and long story short my PC died a year ago so I’ve been gaming on my Xbox. Anyways I recently built a new PC and I’ve been using the Xbox app, and when I...
  8. Suggested Changes to the Queue Inside of 'My Games and Apps'

in XboX Insiders
    Suggested Changes to the Queue Inside of 'My Games and Apps': The download queue is an essential part of the Xbox's OS, after all, it is the only way to download any games or apps onto the console. But it lacks some features that I would consider necessary...
  9. Suggestion: Notifications for new activities in Insider App

in XboX Insiders
    Suggestion: Notifications for new activities in Insider App: I haven't seen much people suggest this so far, so i thought i might as well do so. One thing that's been bugging me with the Insider App (be it on PC or Console) is that there isn't any way to...
  10. Xbox Twitch App Improvement Suggestions for Streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Twitch App Improvement Suggestions for Streaming: When using the Twitch xbox app to stream, there are “features” i hope can be changed. When your controller batteries dies or you take it out to switch before the batteries dies, this action...