Xbox PC asking for PIN number to login.

Discus and support Xbox PC asking for PIN number to login. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I traveled to my parents house this summer, where I was hoping to play my Xbox (Beta) games but it turns out I need my PIN number to do so. Not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rodrigo Meireles de, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Xbox PC asking for PIN number to login.

Hello,

I traveled to my parents house this summer, where I was hoping to play my Xbox (Beta) games but it turns out I need my PIN number to do so. Not an e-mail, not my password, I need some number tied to my computer (or Windows installation) which I cannot check
    remotely. So I have three questions:

1) What is the point of having a subscription to online gaming platform if it is tied to a physical computer? I'd be better off just buying physical copies or using Steam, right?

2) Is there any god forsaken way to access the app without my PIN?

3) In case 2 is a no: Do I have to pay a burglar to go in my home, hack my computer and fetch my PIN in order to play the games which I pay monthly to access online or is there any mysterious technique, possibly involving no crimes, to find out my PIN number?

Thank you very much for the extremely thought out service,

Rodrigo

:)

Rodrigo Meireles de, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Davis_8 Win User

3. Tingey3000 Win User

4. Noblemystery Win User

This is a security feature to stop unauthorised access to your account. The PIN is a code sent to your mobile device which you must have added to proceed with account setup.

I personally have also experienced this unexpected denial of access to my account. The service expects you to allways have your phone on you so if someone in another location tries to access your account a security code is sent to the users phone to continue
    to log in.

I hope you understand that this feature has saved many accounts being stolen. It's frustrating if you are the legitimate owner trying to access. But bear in mind, there is good reason for this feature.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Instead of logging in with your account/password you can alternately setup a PIN usually four digits. If you do not know the PIN you can still login with your account/password instead. If you get the PIN wrong it will prompt you to login in the standard
    manner.

Fix problems with your PIN

A PIN is a set of numbers, or a combination of letters and numbers, that you choose yourself. Using a PIN is a quick, secure way to sign in to your device.

• 1. To change a PIN when you aren't signed in to your device, you might see a couple of different options:
      • If you see I forgot my PIN below the PIN text box, select it and follow the instructions. If there are multiple accounts on the device, choose the one you need to reset and follow the instructions. This will take you to
        Enter your password. Follow the instructions and then move on to step 2 to reset your PIN after you've signed in.
      • If you don't see I forgot my PIN, select Sign-in options
        and choose Enter your password and sign in. Then move on to step 2 to reset your PIN after you've signed in.
    • 2. To reset a PIN when you've signed in:
      • Select Start > Settings > Accounts
        > Sign-in options. Note: If you've just updated your computer to Windows 10, select Start
        > Settings > Network and Internet. Make sure you're connected to the internet. If you aren't, connect and then try signing in with your PIN again as shown in step one.
      • Select I forgot my PIN and then follow the instructions.
    • The PIN you use to access your device is different from your Microsoft account password and from your local password. If you need to reset your Microsoft account password, go to
      account.microsoft.com, select
      Sign in and follow the instructions. Next, select More actions
      > Change password. If you're worried that someone has unauthorized access to your account, see
      Recover your Microsoft account and
      Security info & verification codes.

How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account
  6. Jowster12 Win User

You most likely want to check the Xbox support page.
Thema:

1. Xbox PC asking for PIN number to login. - Similar Threads - asking PIN number

2. Xbox controller on PC asking passcode through Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller on PC asking passcode through Bluetooth: When i try to connect my Xbox controller through bluetooth to my Windows 10 PC it asked for a passcode and i pretty sure controllers dont ask for a passcode of such. I even updated my windows 10...
  3. Jogo pedindo para entrar com a conta que compro o jogo [Mod Translation - Game asking to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jogo pedindo para entrar com a conta que compro o jogo [Mod Translation - Game asking to...: Recentemente fiquei temporariamento sem acesso a internet, mais como eu tenho o jogo monter hunter world tentei acessá-lo mais ficava pedindo para usar a conta com a qual o jogo foi comprada sendo...
  4. XBOX 360 digital game asking for disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 digital game asking for disc: Downloaded a game but when I start playing it, a Game Error appears and states "This disc is unreadable". Clean it and restart. - I bought then downloaded the game. I don't need a disc right?...
  5. Xbox Accessories app is asking me to get May 2019 update for Elite Controller 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Accessories app is asking me to get May 2019 update for Elite Controller 2: Even though my windows version is up to date, my xbox accessories is still asking me to get windows 10 May 2019 or later update. I've already signed in my microsoft account on my windows and my...
  6. Anyone know the full story on why file exployer was removed and any way to effectively ask...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone know the full story on why file exployer was removed and any way to effectively ask...: Finally worked out ya used to be able to install rlcraft with file explorer, and it's leaving a bitter after taste in my mouth I just want to mod my minecraft without having to pay step prices for...
  7. Ask a parent permission has not gone threw

in XBoX on Windows
    Ask a parent permission has not gone threw: Ask a parent permission has not gone threw So im trying to buy Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition from the Microsoft Store on my PC and it asked my mum for permission. She approved but, it still...
  8. Asked my sister to unplug and plug back in my ssd because the games weren't showing up and...

in XboX Insiders
    Asked my sister to unplug and plug back in my ssd because the games weren't showing up and...: Anyways, I can still play xcloud so that's cool:) submitted by /u/donttrusthumans [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Controller Asking for a Pin

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Controller Asking for a Pin: Hello, my Xbox Wireless controller is asking for a pin when I try to connect it to my Windows 10 laptop. Does anybody have a solution to this? I need help please....
  10. Xbox app asks for a pin but i don't have one

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app asks for a pin but i don't have one: i have seen other people with this problem and they say go to settings - accounts - sign in options yet there is no sign in options there is sign in and passkey but in there there is no pin delete...