Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to...

Discus and support Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I joined the xbox beta for $1 and downloaded some games, but as I have windows on a smaller boot drive I downloaded the games to a different drive.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LilJohnGamer, Jul 2, 2019.

1. LilJohnGamer
    LilJohnGamer Guest

Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to...

I joined the xbox beta for $1 and downloaded some games, but as I have windows on a smaller boot drive I downloaded the games to a different drive. Since doing this I have had to re-install windows twice due to getting several different blue screen errors.
    I tried just uninstalling the xbox app, but my drive space was still taken up by what I assume was the games since I was unable to find the file or folder where the games download to to be able to delete them and/or verify this is what was taking up my drive
    space. After clean re-installing windows and losing all of my data twice I am hesitant to re-install this on my computer. I hate to keep having to start over especially since I live in a rural area and my internet will only download at 3mb per second.

I have been very un-impressed by this app so far and I am very glad I only spent a dollar to go through this ordeal. I really feel like Microsoft should have been paying us to Beta test this.

Are the developers planning on changing the way it stores games in hidden files to prevent this in the future? With other game engines such as Steam, origin, Uplay I am able to access the files where
    my games are stored and move them from one drive to another easily and not to mention none of them have ever caused me Windows blue screen errors.

:)

LilJohnGamer, Jul 2, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to re-install windows 10 twice due to errors.

Blue screen errors can be caused by a number of issues. Usually it's because your drivers for your hardware (Graphics, Sound, network, Bluetooth etc, etc) are out of date, try updating them. It might stop the blue screen happening.

You have to remember also that the Xbox app is currently in beta, and can cause issues with peoples systems.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to re-install windows 10 twice due to errors.

Hi,

Sorry about your issues there. Re-installing Windows because of a Blue Screen error should be a last resort. Windows 10 doesn't get BSOD errors unless the issue is quite serious, which as 'StuartATrueRed' has already pointed out could be caused by any number
    of issues.

These blue screens could be caused by a number of issues, software or hardware. For software it could be driver related issue. Hardware could be a failing hard drive, failing RAM or a failing GPU, to name a few. These blue screens are not being caused
    by the Game Pass PC beta app. But without a description of what the BSOD error says, there is no way of us knowing what the issue is.

PC Game Pass games use Windows 10's standard Universal Windows Platform and as such all install to the 'Windows Apps' folder. This folder is hidden by default but, it is possible to

take ownership of this folder.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

It's a beta app. There's gonna be a lot of issues. That's why it exists now.
    Yes, but you must not be a PC gamer. The PC Game Pass would not be the cause of BSOD errors in Windows.
  5. choppyseize Win User

It's a beta app. There's gonna be a lot of issues. That's why it exists now.
  6. CactusSinger Win User

Cannot download GamePass PC games through Xbox Beta App, with error 0x80070005

Same issue here.

Windows is up to date (version 1903), the XBox Beta app is installed properly, In the Parameters, the XBox Game Pass PC Games is displayed as active.

Yet is I try to download a game from the Game Pass Pc Games, it tells me an unexpected error occurs 0x80070005.

However I can dowload game that only requires the old XBox Game Pass for Windows (which I also have).

So Metro or Vampyr give me an error while Wargroove or Sea of Thieves for instance, work.
Thema:

1. Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to... - Similar Threads - Beta dowloading games

2. I cant get out of beta on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant get out of beta on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition!!!: I have tried everything on to get out of Beta on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I uninstalled and reinstalled, I also reset everything and opt out of the Mincraft Windows 10 Beta on the Xbox...
  3. I cant get out of beta on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant get out of beta on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition!!!: I have tried everything on to get out of Beta on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I uninstalled and reinstalled, I also reset everything and opt out of the Mincraft Windows 10 Beta on the Xbox...
  4. After Beta ring update on 6/30 many of my games lost the picture for their game tile.

in XboX Insiders
    After Beta ring update on 6/30 many of my games lost the picture for their game tile.: After the 6/30 beta ring update several of my games lost their picture tile and have become blank blue tiles. Redownloading fixed a few, some never came back. Has anybody seen this or have a fix...
  5. Xbox (Beta) not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) not working: I understand this is a beta but seriously, i cant play with my father on Sea of Thieves because your app wont open, it all started with the thing not even updating and just being at queue and then...
  6. xbox beta installer issue

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox beta installer issue: I can't install the xbox beta installer app I have latest windows 10 update when I try to install it it says make sure you are connected then try updating again. we weren't able to update...
  7. Can’t signup for Minecraft earth beta

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t signup for Minecraft earth beta: Hello when I wanted to signup for the minecraft earth beta, I couldn’t. Everything I tried: Windows 10 chrome and Firefox, reinstall chrome, on iPhone safari and chrome, on brothers phone,...
  8. Killer Instinct not available on Xbox App for Windows 10 (Beta)?

in XBoX on Windows
    Killer Instinct not available on Xbox App for Windows 10 (Beta)?: Hello. I've purchased Killer Instinct Definitive Edition today and a number of other Play Anywhere games. All the others have appeared in my app under games I own except for Killer Instinct. I...
  9. Xbox PC (Beta) - See download/install queue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox PC (Beta) - See download/install queue: Perhaps I'm missing something, but the Xbox PC (Beta) application does not appear to show the current queue anywhere. I have opted to download/install a game, but got notified of an app update and...
  10. Why am i still in beta?

in XboX Insiders
    Why am i still in beta?: Ive been in the beta preview for 3years and im level 15 how do i get into the alpha preview submitted by /u/whysoicey [link] [comments]