Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to...

Discus and support Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I joined the xbox beta for $1 and downloaded some games, but as I have windows on a smaller boot drive I downloaded the games to a different drive.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LilJohnGamer, Jul 2, 2019.

1. LilJohnGamer
    LilJohnGamer Guest

Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to...

I joined the xbox beta for $1 and downloaded some games, but as I have windows on a smaller boot drive I downloaded the games to a different drive. Since doing this I have had to re-install windows twice due to getting several different blue screen errors.
    I tried just uninstalling the xbox app, but my drive space was still taken up by what I assume was the games since I was unable to find the file or folder where the games download to to be able to delete them and/or verify this is what was taking up my drive
    space. After clean re-installing windows and losing all of my data twice I am hesitant to re-install this on my computer. I hate to keep having to start over especially since I live in a rural area and my internet will only download at 3mb per second.

I have been very un-impressed by this app so far and I am very glad I only spent a dollar to go through this ordeal. I really feel like Microsoft should have been paying us to Beta test this.

Are the developers planning on changing the way it stores games in hidden files to prevent this in the future? With other game engines such as Steam, origin, Uplay I am able to access the files where
    my games are stored and move them from one drive to another easily and not to mention none of them have ever caused me Windows blue screen errors.

:)

LilJohnGamer, Jul 2, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to re-install windows 10 twice due to errors.

Blue screen errors can be caused by a number of issues. Usually it's because your drivers for your hardware (Graphics, Sound, network, Bluetooth etc, etc) are out of date, try updating them. It might stop the blue screen happening.

You have to remember also that the Xbox app is currently in beta, and can cause issues with peoples systems.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to re-install windows 10 twice due to errors.

Hi,

Sorry about your issues there. Re-installing Windows because of a Blue Screen error should be a last resort. Windows 10 doesn't get BSOD errors unless the issue is quite serious, which as 'StuartATrueRed' has already pointed out could be caused by any number
    of issues.

These blue screens could be caused by a number of issues, software or hardware. For software it could be driver related issue. Hardware could be a failing hard drive, failing RAM or a failing GPU, to name a few. These blue screens are not being caused
    by the Game Pass PC beta app. But without a description of what the BSOD error says, there is no way of us knowing what the issue is.

PC Game Pass games use Windows 10's standard Universal Windows Platform and as such all install to the 'Windows Apps' folder. This folder is hidden by default but, it is possible to

take ownership of this folder.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

It's a beta app. There's gonna be a lot of issues. That's why it exists now.
    Yes, but you must not be a PC gamer. The PC Game Pass would not be the cause of BSOD errors in Windows.
  5. choppyseize Win User

It's a beta app. There's gonna be a lot of issues. That's why it exists now.
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Steve,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We appreciate you helping out the community with a solution to this issue. We will be locking this thread since it has been inactive for a while now. If you ever require support, or would like to start
    a discussion, please create a new thread. We look forward to hearing more from you soon.
Thema:

1. Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to... - Similar Threads - Beta dowloading games

2. (preview beta) is anyone else having this issue or is it just my controller messing up or...

in XboX Insiders
    (preview beta) is anyone else having this issue or is it just my controller messing up or...: a lot of times while im trying to type out words, multiple or the same letters will be typed even though i only pressed that letter once. ex if im trying to type "wanna party?" then it'll end up...
  3. Motorola e6 android xcloud beta ISSue

in XboX Insiders
    Motorola e6 android xcloud beta ISSue: I'm not able to pair up with my Xbox one controller I am aware of there being a model of smartphone that may not be able to support the xcloud really though at least figure out if I am actually...
  4. Xbox Beta - Age of Empires II Definitive Edition - no Save Files anymore...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta - Age of Empires II Definitive Edition - no Save Files anymore...: I don't understand... I installed the game for the first time: played 3 campaigns. Want to play the 3rd campaign to end - no save files more in folder or available. I uninstalled it and tried it...
  5. Sunset Overdrive não inicia Xbox beta PC [Mod translation-Sunset Overdrive doesn't start...

in XBoX on Windows
    Sunset Overdrive não inicia Xbox beta PC [Mod translation-Sunset Overdrive doesn't start...: Já joguei alguns jogos do game pass para pc, no entanto, sunset overdrive inicia, mas ao clicar para jogar ele volta ao menu principal. Já tentei desligar o anti virus antes de jogar, desinstalar...
  6. Console Companion Beta - Unable to upload captures

in XboX Insiders
    Console Companion Beta - Unable to upload captures: Not sure if this belongs here - I'm unable to upload captures from my PC. No error number, nothing - just says I can't do it. Would love a log file to look at the actual error message. submitted...
  7. Beta Version - Issues Encountered Since Last Update

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Version - Issues Encountered Since Last Update: On the Beta Version - Issues Encountered In the Microsoft store, cannot install from the home screen of the game. Able to install from 'games & apps' without issues. In settings/storage - Click...
  8. Codefusion error when trying to open Metro Exodus on Windows 10 Xbox Beta

in XboX Insiders
    Codefusion error when trying to open Metro Exodus on Windows 10 Xbox Beta: https://imgur.com/a/iiYn1i6 Here is the screenshot with the error messages. I clicked on the link and pasted the code in the box, but it sends a message and I suppose I'm supposed to get an email...
  9. Xbox Insider Release Notes – Beta Ring (2002.200114-2000)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes – Beta Ring (2002.200114-2000): [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  10. cant dowload any game from xbox app(beta) game pass ultimate error 0x800701e7

in XBoX on Windows
    cant dowload any game from xbox app(beta) game pass ultimate error 0x800701e7: the last good dowload i make was the gears 5 beta and then when i try to dowload gears 5 complete in the dowload process no even 100 mb get the same error 0x800701e7 every time and i try with...