Xbox PC Game Pass games crashing

Discus and support Xbox PC Game Pass games crashing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently been having issues with certain games crashing upon launching. I've been playing The Evil Within 2 for about two weeks now. When I launch... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HoLy is SicK, May 24, 2022.

1. HoLy is SicK
    HoLy is SicK Guest

I've recently been having issues with certain games crashing upon launching. I've been playing The Evil Within 2 for about two weeks now. When I launch the game and it reaches the menu it stops responding. I've tried everything from repairing the game files to restarting my PC and reinstalling the XGP app, nothing works except reinstalling the game. I've also had this issue recently with other games on Gamepass such as Vampire Survivors. I've been a GPU member for several years now, and I'm not sure what is going on with the PC app but it's been miserable lately.

:)

HoLy is SicK, May 24, 2022
  2. Zalcore Win User

Some games won't launch on Game Pass PC.

Having the exact same problem with the following Xbox Game Pass for PC games, they both crash instantly when I try to run them.

Enter the Gungeon

Wargroove
  3. GaryBlankenship1 Win User

The Outer Worlds started crashing today in game pass for PC version. Any hotfix coming?

I am playing the game the outer worlds on pc via xbox game pass and I am getting random crashes to desktop just started doing this yesterday .
  4. nielubiebudyniu Win User

Metro Exodus - Launch nothing happens PC

HERE IS A WORKING SOLUTION TO Metro Exodus crashing in XBOX Game pass for PC. This worked for me 100% each time the game crashed, and after trying to uninstall it I got stuck with unplayable game, unremovable game files. I went through points 1-5. I managed
    to beat the game after several crashes and remove it recovering 60 GB disk space ;) .

So if anyone has issues with Metro Exodus crashing on PC/XBOX GAME PASS and is unable to sucessfully uninstall the game and free the disk space do this:

1. Uninstall XBOX Game Pass for PC APP
    2. go to your Windows 10 Update Menu and Press Update
    3. restart Windows
    4. Install Xbox game pass App again
    5. Open Xbox game pass App and Press Install Metro Exodus (it will not take long because the game is already there, just a tiny part of it will be brought back).
    This way the game should be playable again or , if you wish you may NOW finally unistall it and free your disk space.

This will not stop the ME from crashing but will make it playable und uninstallable :)

The tricky part is that when the game crashes and we want to uninstall it, some part of the Windows update is removed with it but not the game so the disk space cannot be freed nor game started untill you do the points 1-5 and get your Windows updated again.

This problem has been known for a few weeks now but no patch from XBOX so far.

I hope this will help :)
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi HoLy! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

So reinstalling the game solves the issue, and then it starts happening again, this is immediately or after sometime?

Have you tried launching the games without using the Xbox app to launch, only the game icon?

If this happens after some days, have you tried using the Microsoft store to update all your PC apps before reinstalling the games?
  6. mak__15 Win User

The Outer Worlds started crashing today in game pass for PC version. Any hotfix coming?

It is game crash on account of Game Pass because when you buy the game, it does not crash. It is really bad. I am on an important mission with no other way of entering a room then the front door. as soon as I pass the threshold, it crashes the game AND Game
    Pass.
Thema:

1. Xbox PC Game Pass games crashing - Similar Threads - Game Pass games

2. Xbox Game Pass is the best deal in gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass is the best deal in gaming: https://flexsub.shop/forget-xbox-series-x-restocks-xbox-game-pass-is-the-best-deal-in-gaming submitted by /u/amusedhearts [link] [comments]
  3. Gold award for 3 month game pass ultimate

in XboX Insiders
    Gold award for 3 month game pass ultimate: First gets submitted by /u/Crystalwhore9 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox game pass Game Cross-play details

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass Game Cross-play details: I would love to be able to look at a game in the store and know right away if is cross-plat or not and with what other platforms i can play with. Looking on google just to find out if the game...
  5. The Xbox Game Pass-Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Game Pass-Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: I Diamond have many Ideas for Games that should be added to the Game Pass. And that one Game is a must be! Its called "Metal Gear Rising Revengeance". Its in hype. If this Game gets added to the...
  6. Some PC Game Pass games not working

in XboX Insiders
    Some PC Game Pass games not working: I'm from Indonesia and just recently entered into PC Game Pass insider program. I bought the three month trial and started to install some games. However, only some games worked. I already...
  7. Unable to launch insider hub NARAKA + ALL PC Game Pass games since Windows 11 update...

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to launch insider hub NARAKA + ALL PC Game Pass games since Windows 11 update...: I just tried to install the insider NARAKA preview and it wouldn't launch so I installed three other games and they won't run either. Already installed games work fine but all newly installed...
  8. xbox family game pass idea for families

in XboX Insiders
    xbox family game pass idea for families: I don't think I need to explain much more than the title itself... my daughter finally came of age to get into gaming and im happy to share this with her ... the only issue is that I already have...
  9. Xbox gaming pass for non-eligible countries

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox gaming pass for non-eligible countries: I want to buy it even though my country is non-eligible however I have a good internet connection, Can I still buy it? submitted by /u/solidsnake212121 [link] [comments]
  10. X cloud iOS says I don’t have game pass ultimate

in XboX Insiders
    X cloud iOS says I don’t have game pass ultimate: Has anyone had this issue and how can I fix it? submitted by /u/Excellent-Stomach782 [link] [comments]