Xbox Phone App not working properly (Bug found, cutting sound out)

Discus and support Xbox Phone App not working properly (Bug found, cutting sound out) in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Ever since the most recent update for the Xbox Mobile App the party chat is not working properly and it is killing my gaming experience. So randomly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Bacardi Bocaj, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Xbox Phone App not working properly (Bug found, cutting sound out)

Ever since the most recent update for the Xbox Mobile App the party chat is not working properly and it is killing my gaming experience.

So randomly my xbox app will just cut out all sound while i am in a party, or it’ll just be one or two people at a time that i just can not hear. I know they are talking because my xbox app will show them talking (their profile in the party expands/lights
    up as if they were talking normally) yet i can not hear them. I have confirmed that while this is happening they can hear me. I have no clue why this is happening and I will list all of the things i have tried to fix the problem:

-tried to disconnect from my wifi and use my personal data, this still happened frequently enough to where there was no improvement (so it isnt an internet connection problem)

-tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app twice, once on the wifi and once off the wifi. Neither fixed the problem.

-tried connecting my phone app to my xbox as i had previously not had them connecting, still did not fix the problem.

I am at a loss of what i can try next. Other info that may be important:

-i just got this iphone 11 for christmas. The phone is brand new, and even before i got it i had zero problems with xbox party chat before the most recent update three weeks ago.

-this started happening as soon as i updated the app

-my headphones are also brand new as they came with the phone and they work perfectly without cutting out while listening to music and using other apps.

i need this problem to be fixed because Gaming for me the past couple of weeks has been so frustrating because of this experience. My friends try to be patient but when i have to ask them to repeat themselves up to 4 times because of this Bug in your app
    they get annoyed with me.

I’m also wondering if i can get compensation from this because it has ruined my experience with a one month free trial of EA Access and Gamepass. The whole month i’ve had it was filled with nothing but frustration and anger at my friends and i not being able
    to communicate.

please advise, if this doesnt get fixed i will be selling my xbox.

:)

Bacardi Bocaj, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Bacardi Bocaj Win User

Xbox app has a lot of bugs. Need to be fixed
    And it not being fixed is what is driving me, a 10+ year veteran of xbox live, to the point of switching platforms.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

You can report this issue in the app itself through the bug feedback. This way the support will get notified of the issue.
  4. KamiiL91 Win User

Xbox app has a lot of bugs. Need to be fixed
  5. Bacardi Bocaj Win User

Talked to xbox and microsoft rep already before coming here, they were baffled. Also can’t find where to report the bug on the app.
  6. Bacardi Bocaj Win User

Would’ve been nice to include where i can find the bug feedback feature in your response
Thema:

1. Xbox Phone App not working properly (Bug found, cutting sound out) - Similar Threads - Phone App working

2. My Xbox wont link to the Xbox app on my phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    My Xbox wont link to the Xbox app on my phone: Hey my Xbox one S won't link up to the Xbox smart glass app on my android. Went the app search for Xbox's on the network my Xbox comes up first on the list but when I tap my Xbox on the list...
  3. Console is not receiving party invites, phone app is

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console is not receiving party invites, phone app is: My Xbox is not receiving party or game invites. But the app on my phone is receiving the party invites. bdcf40a1-b5fb-43ac-bd7b-a73e9c0a7ce3
  4. Issue using mobile data to stream to phone companion app

in XboX Insiders
    Issue using mobile data to stream to phone companion app: I'm new to the Insider program but joined because I was interested in streaming my xbox to my Android phone and being able to access games while out and about, amazing stuff. I'm just going to run...
  5. XBox Party Chat invitation notification not working on Xbox One or Phone App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Party Chat invitation notification not working on Xbox One or Phone App: For the last couple of weeks I have not been receiving Party Chat invitations on either my Xbox One or Phone. I receive every other notification on the system for example Messages, Achievements,...
  6. Xbox Wireless Display App - Android phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Wireless Display App - Android phone: Hi When using the Wireless Display app on my Xbox my phone is unable to see the Xbox when attempting to setup screen cast. Same issue on two phones so issue seems to be with Xbox. Any ideas?...
  7. PC Gamer - Xbox live wont work signing in on any apps on my phones or PC... Help!

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Gamer - Xbox live wont work signing in on any apps on my phones or PC... Help!: PC Gamer - Xbox live wont wo [img] rk signing in on any apps on my phones or PC... Help! 3dc5cc97-830c-47cd-b97b-68be98f2f9f8
  8. PC Won't Connect The Xbox App To Xbox But Works Fine On Phone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Won't Connect The Xbox App To Xbox But Works Fine On Phone: Having issues connecting my pc xbox app to my xbox. It worked fine before quite a few months ago but have had no such luck. I've tried inputting the IP address, restarting both systems, disabling...
  9. Xbox app on phone not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on phone not working: whenever I try to start the party on my phone it always says unable to do that. Try again later. I deleted the app multiple times and restarted my phone too but the same message keeps popping up....
  10. Xbox app not working on Samsung phone fix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app not working on Samsung phone fix: I recently ran into an issue where the Xbox app began having issues. At first my captures wouldn't show, then my gamertag and pic. I uninstalled and reinstalled to try and remedy the issues but...