Xbox play and charge USB-C vs Micro USB

Discus and support Xbox play and charge USB-C vs Micro USB in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've inadvertently bought a play and charge kits with the wrong connector. I've got the micro USB connector ones rather than the USB-C one. Are they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by themooman, Jan 14, 2021.

1. themooman
    themooman Guest

I've inadvertently bought a play and charge kits with the wrong connector. I've got the micro USB connector ones rather than the USB-C one.

Are they the same thing apart from the connectors? I notice that the USB-C ones are out of stock everywhere, and one of the boxes has been rather prematurely re-used and I don't have it anymore, so I'm wondering if I just keep them and buy new cables?

Thoughts?

:)

themooman, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox play & charge cable for my phone?

Hi,

It's NOT a USB C cable. USC C cables are for newer devices, in any case, it wouldn't fit.

The charging cable the Xbox One uses is a Micro USB.

Sites like Amazon will tell you what types of devices a Micro USB will charge, as long as you read that you won't buy the wrong cable.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox play & charge cable for my phone?

The cable from the Xbox One Play & Charge kit is a standard MICRO USB cable (not USB-C).

The cable itself can't be too powerful. It's the host device that "puts the power into the cable".

But I can assure you: I have charged my phone, my controller and my power bank with that cable without any issues.

Just beware that your phone has to have a Micro USB connection. If your phone has a USB-C connection, you will need a different cable.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

How do I charge the Play and charge kit for Xbox series X controller.

I would think, you would plug in a USB C cable instead of the micro USB cable, and charge it the same way you do now.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series x controller question

Hi,

I u understand that the Series X controller will be using a USB C connector to charge the battery (same as the Elite 2 controller), so charging stations that use micro USB won't work.
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Will the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit be compatible with the Xbox Series X?

Xbox One accessories and peripherals will be compatible with Xbox Series X. As to whether the rechargeable battery packs are compatible with an Xbox Series X controller, that has not yet been revealed at this time, to my knowledge. However, the new controller
    will use USB-C for its charging port instead of the Play & Charge Kit's Micro-USB plug.
Thema:

1. Xbox play and charge USB-C vs Micro USB - Similar Threads - play charge USB

2. How much Watt charging does my X-Box Charge and Play Battery (XBox Series X - USB-C) survive?

in XBoX on Windows
    How much Watt charging does my X-Box Charge and Play Battery (XBox Series X - USB-C) survive?: I have recently bought an Xbox - Controller for PC - Gaming. Because it was quite hard to charge the Controller using USB-C, I decided to use my 20 Watt iPad Charger to charge the Battery. This...
  3. Xbox USB-C PLay and Charge Kit Battery Performance On Xbox Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox USB-C PLay and Charge Kit Battery Performance On Xbox Series X controller: I'm Having Performance Issues with PNC Battery Pack normally or Previously getting 30 to 40 hours PLay time. On Xbox Ones New pack New Hardware Xbox series X controller I'm seeing only 2 to 4...
  4. USB C Play and Charge Kit Potential Issue

in XboX Insiders
    USB C Play and Charge Kit Potential Issue: Since recieving my Xbox and USB C Play and Charge Kit on the 10th, I've used it twice. Right now and a couple days ago. Unlike the micro USB one, this doesn't have a light to indicate if it's...
  5. New USB-C play and charge kit not charging?

in XBoX on Consoles
    New USB-C play and charge kit not charging?: Hello, I preordered the new Xbox series X and the USB-C play and charge kit but I’m not sure the play and charge kit is working. There are no lights on the cable that indicate it’s charging so...
  6. Xbox USB cable from play and charge kit not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox USB cable from play and charge kit not working: I bought an play and charge kit a moth ago. It has stopped to work. I have noted that I can see only 4 pins and they are a little weird inside the micro USB plug. Is it possible that the fifth...
  7. Compatibilidad de cable usb del Play & Charge Kit [Play & Charge Kit USB cable Compatibility]

in XBoX on Windows
    Compatibilidad de cable usb del Play & Charge Kit [Play & Charge Kit USB cable Compatibility]: Quisiera saber si el cable usb que viene en el Xbox Play & Charge Kit es el mismo que viene en el Xbox Controller + Cable for Windows, osea quiero comprar el play and charge kit y usar ese cable...
  8. Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller: I just thought the controller needed to be charged so I use the usb wire and I hook it in the controller and no red light comes on it or anything I take the wire out and plug it into a different...
  9. Is the Charge and Play cable actually a USB cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the Charge and Play cable actually a USB cable?: Just wondering as it looks like a USB cable, acts like a USB cable but does not actually have the USB logo on it? I think the logo is optional and if it is on a plug it has to be on the "top"...
  10. Xbox One Play and charge kit connected to a USB charger?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Play and charge kit connected to a USB charger?: Hi, I just bought an Xbox One Play & charge kit... I've come to undertand that for the for the Play & Charge kit to work my XB One has to be on.. it won't work in instant on mode(?) But Can I...