Xbox power cord turning off when plugged into console

Discus and support Xbox power cord turning off when plugged into console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox one first generation console is turning off when plugged into the power supply. When the power supply unit is plugged into the wall independently... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ElaineWeaver1, May 23, 2020.

1. Xbox power cord turning off when plugged into console

Xbox one first generation console is turning off when plugged into the power supply. When the power supply unit is plugged into the wall independently it is getting power- based on the orange light on the power box. Once the cord is plugged into the console
    and the power button on the console is pressed the power supply goes off. Any suggestions - power cord or console issue?

:)

ElaineWeaver1, May 23, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issues with your power supply. We recommend going over the

reset power supply solution
    . Also if you know someone with a console same as yours can test their power supply.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Kenny H. Win User

Update Xbox One

Head into Settings, Power, Turn Xbox off. When it is fully powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console for about 5 minutes. Plug it back in and see if it works then.
  4. Kibbblez N BtZ Win User

Freezing + 1 red light

Hey Dressy,

This is info i found off xbox.com about this problem

Best Wishes,

kibbbbz

Solutions

Disconnect your power supply cords

If your power supply cords are not plugged in securely, you may see one flashing red light when you turn on your Xbox 360 console.

Disconnect and reconnect your power supply

Turn off your console.

Disconnect the power cord from the back of your console. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and the power supply unit.

Unplug both cords from the PSU, the console, and the outlet.

Reconnect all three connections making sure they are secure.

Plug both cords into the console, power supply, and outlet.

Turn your console back on.

If this solution worked, your power button should look like this:

On the Xbox 360 console, the Ring of Light is green.
  5. Kieran-Colfer Win User

New Xbox One Experience is horrible and I'm about to smash my console with a hammer.

Press and hold the Xbox One power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds then unplug the power cord at the back and leave it switched off for 5 minutes. Then plug the power cord back in and turn the console on. This should fix the issues
  6. Kenny H. Win User

re: Console motion sensor on/off button doesn't work after power outage

Hey there! Head into Settings, Power, Turn Xbox off and when it is fully powered down, unplug the power cord from the console for about 3 minutes. Try again, and make sure it is plugged directly into the wall, not a power strip.
Thema:

1. Xbox power cord turning off when plugged into console - Similar Threads - power cord turning

2. Sent in Warrantied Xbox One X for Repairs with Controller, Power Cord, and HDMI and only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sent in Warrantied Xbox One X for Repairs with Controller, Power Cord, and HDMI and only...: Wow, Unbelievable...so first I send my accessories with my Xbox and it sounds like from the answers I have gotten I am not able to get them back. On top of all this, I sent my Console back...
  3. Sent in Warrantied Xbox One X for Repairs with Controller, Power Cord, and HDMI and only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sent in Warrantied Xbox One X for Repairs with Controller, Power Cord, and HDMI and only...: Hey all, Incredibly disappointing that my Xbox One X I sent in for repair a few weeks ago came back today without a power cord, HDMI, and Controller that I sent originally. Sure, I could have...
  4. Xbox One minecraft world deleted after accidental unplug of AV power cord.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One minecraft world deleted after accidental unplug of AV power cord.: Hello. My name is Aiden Me and my cousin have been playing on a minecraft world for over 20 hours and have built multiple stuff and just put our hearts and souls into the world. Now this issue...
  5. Power cord for Xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power cord for Xbox one x: [img] I hope someone can advise me I bought my xbox one x and recieved it today. This is a picture of the power cord inside. Which i cant use as im in the uk. do these xboxs not come with a UK...
  6. Power cord

in XBoX Accessibility
    Power cord: I was wondering if i could use a polarized power cord on my xbox one without doing damage to my console 85eac6cd-57c4-4e62-ae85-7012696866b4
  7. Xbox One S Won't Turn On, New Power Cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Won't Turn On, New Power Cord: I just bought a used Xbox One S and it won't turn on, and I know it's not the power cord or the power supply because I got the wrong cord from the person I bought it from and had to buy a new one...
  8. lose power cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    lose power cord: so the power cord just falls out of the council and the connection never feels secure (lots of wiggling). a small gust of wind will disconnect the power cord. how fix? is duct tape recommended?...
  9. Missing Power Cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing Power Cord: I just unboxed a new xbox one x and there was not a power cord included in the box. 00483067-5d9e-46e9-a485-a56447ee032e
  10. Xbox wont turn on after unplugging power cord while Xbox light was flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont turn on after unplugging power cord while Xbox light was flashing: So I downloaded the new update for preview members, and have been experiencing slight problems. Today it was freezing up on my little brother and tried to turn it off using his controller, tried...