Xbox power issues

Discus and support Xbox power issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My wife went to play My Time at Portia today and her Xbox just turned off. We tried turning it back on but nothing happened. I checked the power brick... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Squ1gly, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Squ1gly
    Squ1gly Guest

Xbox power issues

My wife went to play My Time at Portia today and her Xbox just turned off. We tried turning it back on but nothing happened. I checked the power brick and there was no light so I unplugged it for about half an hour. When I plugged it back in it had the
    light. I hit the power button and the light came on and I heard the chime. Then it immediately turned off again. It kept doing it so I tried my power brick on her Xbox and it did it again. Not sure if it's the power brick or the Xbox. I'm thinking it's the
    Xbox. Anyone have any experience in this that could help me out? BTW they are both OG Xbox Ones. Thank you!

:)

Squ1gly, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Mister Revised Win User

Xbox power issue

Hey there, sounds like you might be using a surge protector, the console was designed to be plugged directly into the wall as it has a surge protector built into the power supply. We have some info on the

Xbox One power supply
    that can help with this issue, we would recommend plugging the console directly into the wall, then let us know if the behavior continues. However, if you do not wish to do this, unplugging the console when you are done using it won't
    hurt the console any, just make sure you shut it down completely and are not using instant on power mode with the console as this will not allow the console to fully turn off.
  3. Joc Holliday Win User

Xbox Power Issues

Make sure the xbox is plugged directly in the wall outlet. Switch outlets if possible as well and see if turns on from there.

If its still not turning on, might wanna consider sending it in for
    repairs
  4. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox Power Issues

Have you tried another socket to see if the socket is bad.
  5. XBA_Hype Win User

Xbox Power Issues

are you connected to an extension cable or directly into the main wall outlet? if extension then please plug directly to the wall. if you are directly to the wall have you tried another wall socket to tick off the list that its not your outlet.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox power on issue

What kind of Xbox do you have? The original Xbox One (with external power brick), or the Xbox One S (with internal power supply)?

If your Xbox is connected to a surge protector, try connecting it directly to an outlet and see if it helps things. Also try the other suggestions outlined in

this support article
    for troubleshooting no power to the xbox.

If your power supply or console is indeed going defective, you can still
    contact Xbox Support (phone or chat)
    or
    self-schedule a repair
    to review your repair/replacement options (regardless of your warranty status).
Thema:

Xbox power issues

1. Xbox power issues - Similar Threads - power issues

2. Power issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power issues: Our Xbox will only turn on for 1-2 seconds then turns off automatically. We have tried a new power brick but the same problem happens. Any advice? 886d6223-3e82-48ab-9267-5ba31b29a83b
  3. My xbox one s is having strange power issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s is having strange power issues: My Xbox one kept turning off for i tried using some tips but it didnt work but later on after i left it on power for awhile it started working normally does the power supply need to be charged or...
  4. Power issues with Alpha Skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Power issues with Alpha Skip ahead: Alpha skip ahead, getting consistent power offs without warning mainly when playing Minecraft (of all games lol) Report has just been sent from xbox submitted by /u/morpheus2n2 [link] [comments]
  5. XBOX360 Power Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX360 Power Issues: I have an XBOX 360 that will not remained powered on. I have tried multiple power cords/sources. I'd like to send the unit in for repair but it appears it is not an online option when I select my...
  6. Odd Xbox One X power off issue

in XboX Insiders
    Odd Xbox One X power off issue: Backstory. My two oldest sons are home from college. They are playing on my secondary internet connection. I have two separate. I have one strictly for my stuff due to sometimes needed a lot of...
  7. Power supply unit issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply unit issue: Hi, currently im having this problem with my Xbox one power supply brick unit, i was playing normally when the light on the brick just shut off and my xbox died, so i went and reset the power unit...
  8. Power issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power issue: My xbox one (original) will not turn on by the power button nor shut off by the power button. I have to use my xbox controller to shut it off and turn it on. Does anyone know whats wrong with it?...
  9. Xbox one power and sparking issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power and sparking issues: Hi, While playing the power of my xbox one went off suddenly and i could smell a transformer burn smell from it. Now it doesnt turn on and whenever i try to do so, there a spark coming off it....
  10. Powering Up Xbox One Console Using Controller Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Powering Up Xbox One Console Using Controller Issue: Hi All, I am facing some issue in my Xbox One X Console: 1) The Xbox One X console is shut down. 2) Press X button on my controller (Bluetooth Version) to turn it on. 3) Console turned on and...