Xbox power supply stuck on orange

Discus and support Xbox power supply stuck on orange in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one wont turn on, it does nothing when i press the button. I have noticed that the power brick light is always orange, i have tried everything... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 486c6330-6f66-4505-82f7-d, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Xbox power supply stuck on orange

My xbox one wont turn on, it does nothing when i press the button.

I have noticed that the power brick light is always orange, i have tried everything unplugging all the cables plugging them back in multiple times.

i even opened my xbox up and cleaned all the dust out but still having the same problem.

I also noticed that when i unplugged my external hard drive that the light would go white and i could play, but now even with it unplugged the light is orange.

any way to fix this or will i have to pay another £30 for microsofts problem?

:)

486c6330-6f66-4505-82f7-d, Aug 16, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

So it's working as long as the External Drive isn't plugged in? That might point to the drive being the issue? That it's causing a short or drawing too much power? I'd recommend checking that drive on another device and see if it works there, or causes
    similar issues?

Does having other devices plugged into the USB slots cause issues? Other devices in that specific slot? If it's working without one specific device plugged in it points to the console and power supply it self as not being the root cause of the issue.
  3. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello DivKez,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to this issue with your console no longer turning on, have you tried replacing the Power supply unit for this console? Have you tried a different outlet to plug the console into? I understand that you've
    tried unplugging the console multiple times already, however, I would recommend trying this

support article
    step by step to try and resolve the issue.

If you have any other questions please feel free tor reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  4. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

It sounds like you may need to purchase a new power supply pack. I had to do this for my original Xbox One and purchased it off of Amazon for around $30 USD.
  5. Geth Win User

You may need to try another outlet. If that doesn't work after all the solutions itself, it may be the brick.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there DivKez!

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. If the console is not turning on, we recommend to try the following troubleshooting articles:

Due to opening the Xbox , we recommend reviewing the
    Xbox Hardware Warranty & Agreement

I would like to remind you of the
    Xbox Forum Guidelines

• 22) Please do not discuss or post links to any topic that could violate the Terms Of Use. Including any threads or posts regarding modifying the way your Xbox operates such 'modding' and/or 'chipping'
      your Xbox or otherwise altering the way it is intended to operate. This includes ANY discussion of self-repair. Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com.

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread.
    If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
Thema:

1. Xbox power supply stuck on orange - Similar Threads - power supply stuck

2. Console unit or power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console unit or power supply?: Hello fellow Ambassadors, So yesterday, my xbox would not turn on. I looked at the power supply and the light wasn't on. I plugged it into another wall outlet and the light would come one but...
  3. The power supply turns off immediately after connected to the console (XBOX ONE 1540)

in XBoX on Consoles
    The power supply turns off immediately after connected to the console (XBOX ONE 1540): Hi to all, i have an XBOX ONE model 1540. When i connect the power supply to the console, the power supply turns off immediately. I tried the same power supply to other XBOX ONE 1540 and it works....
  4. Xbox One X Power Supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Power Supply: Hello, My Xbox One X does not turn on. No signs of life whatsoever despite performing power reset and using known-working outlet. Changing cable also had no impact. I've disassembled the Xbox...
  5. My XBox Power Supply died, can I pause XBox Live Gold while I'm getting it replaced

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox Power Supply died, can I pause XBox Live Gold while I'm getting it replaced: After 4 years my XBox One power supply died. While I'm ordering a new one, is it possible to pause my XBox Live Gold subscription? f533fbd3-6bdf-4415-884d-e832a327880a
  6. UK Power Supply for Original Xbox One and Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    UK Power Supply for Original Xbox One and Xbox One X: Hello, Is there any place/ or anyone I can contact to order a UK power supply for my Xbox One and a UK power cord for my Xbox One X? I just moved to the UK from the USA and I brought along my...
  7. Original xbox one power supply unit replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox one power supply unit replacement: Hi, I have an original xbox one and the power supply stopped working. Microsoft no longer sells replacement power supplies via Device support, so I got a third-party replacement which didn't...
  8. Xbox One Power Supply - AC Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Power Supply - AC Adapter: Hello community! I've recently moved to Portugal. I have the "fat" Xbox One Model that I bought from the USA. This model is 110v but here at Portugal everything is 220v. My question is: If I...
  9. Xbox One really needs 16 amp power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One really needs 16 amp power supply?: HI - is that because in some countries the input is 110V? Here, with 220v input, 16 amps would be a massive current for something like this to draw. Can anyone tell me what AMPERAGE the Xbox ONe...
  10. whatr does the power supply on xbox one s look like and what is the dc volts ande amps does...

in XBoX on Consoles
    whatr does the power supply on xbox one s look like and what is the dc volts ande amps does...: whatr does the power supply on xbox one s look like and what is the dc volts ande amps does it have ff6e25c7-efc7-441f-bf36-1f1b55df0c9b