Xbox powers off while watching tv via OneGuide

Discus and support Xbox powers off while watching tv via OneGuide in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After the latest update this week my Xbox is now powering itself off while I am watching TV via OneGuide. I checked the power saving setting and it is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobertSmiley, Feb 23, 2021.

1. RobertSmiley
    RobertSmiley Guest

After the latest update this week my Xbox is now powering itself off while I am watching TV via OneGuide. I checked the power saving setting and it is set to disable.

Is this a bug in the update?

thanks

Bob

:)

RobertSmiley, Feb 23, 2021
  2. KyleFoote Win User

Xbox one dimming

60mins is the max and that is not long enough. Im using oneguide to watch tv and the screen dims while watching.
  3. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Understanding and possibly using the HDMI pass through feature

Hi Grampa Ralph2

Yes - The Xbox One is required to be on (not off or in standby) to utilize the HDMI pass through

FYI:

This is best when you have an xbox one with the Kinect. If you do not have a Kinect, it may seem more cumbersome.

If you have a Kinect, (or a IR cable that runs from the xbox one, into your SAT box) the use of the SAT box via the xbox one can offer simplicity.

Turning on the xbox one, if you choose can turn on your TV and SAT box, as well as while using a xbox controller, smartglass, or the media remote, operate the SAT box with the *OneGuide which is the xbox version of your cable companies channel guide.

*OneGuide is the app that allows you to watch TV, scroll channels, set favorite channels, jump from the xbox social or oneguide tabs to seemlessly watch TV via snap or full screen.

I have an xbox one with the kinect for the main room and my kids and wife often loose the remotes so now, this has been a life saver as it operates the TV, SAT, xbox and sound bar simultaneously.

The other xbox is upstairs in my office and it does not have a kinect however while on, i can still watch TV but the it requires me to use the other remotes.
  4. TheMapleKid Win User

Intro and a few questions if I may.

5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox Remote Does not control TV power or vilume

6. Iautorenewedu Win User

Directv Via the XBOX ONE... What features without hdmi passthou

Thema:

1. Xbox powers off while watching tv via OneGuide - Similar Threads - powers off while

2. Series X is doing background updates, etc while fully powered off in “energy savings” mode.

in XboX Insiders
    Series X is doing background updates, etc while fully powered off in “energy savings” mode.: Like I did with my previous gen Xbox’s I keep it energy saving mode when powering off. I was wondering why I have so few game and system updates when powering on my SeriesX. On the OneX I’d...
  3. Xbox turn off automatically only while try to launch the game,otherwise the power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turn off automatically only while try to launch the game,otherwise the power on.: My Xbox automatic turn off while I try to start the game from cd. Some. Time i can play for sometime but after a while it again same issue. Please advise how to resolve this....
  4. Xbox One X randomly powering off while playing games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X randomly powering off while playing games.: So for the past couple of days my Xbox has been powering completely off whenever I decide to play Modern Warfare. Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried every solution from Xbox.com and I've...
  5. Xbox one shuts off and power supply box while in certain games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one shuts off and power supply box while in certain games: Is anyone having issues with their xbox one shutting down and power supply box shutting off while trying to play games? We have been having an issue for the last two weeks. We noticed that once we...
  6. while xbox is powered off (fast power off/on resume mode) my TV blinks black

in XBoX Games and Apps
    while xbox is powered off (fast power off/on resume mode) my TV blinks black: Since i download the New xbox Experience, i had a problem with my tv: although the xbox is powered off in fast resume mode, the tv sometimes blinks black signal, in every source that i'm...
  7. Huge Xbox One X power consumption while OFF (Full shutdown or just plugged in power) !!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Huge Xbox One X power consumption while OFF (Full shutdown or just plugged in power) !!: I have Power consumption meter (digital one, that shows Amps, Wats consumed from socket), and when I plug In Xbox One X it INSTANTLY consumes ~ 23W. The same happens, wen console is on Full...
  8. download updates or games while powered off

in XBoX on Consoles
    download updates or games while powered off: so the Xbox 360 has the ability to download games while powered off, does the xbox one have the same feature ? 2478685a-8a03-4c9c-9809-ae0804343918
  9. Holding power button while xbox is off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Holding power button while xbox is off: I was cleaning my xbox one the other day and when cleaning around the power button i heard the chime for when it turns on, but nothing happened due to the fact i was holding my finger in place. I...
  10. Xbox One power block takes a while to go off after shut down and won't do Live sometimes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One power block takes a while to go off after shut down and won't do Live sometimes.: I have an Xbox One and recently my house's power went out while I was playing. Now when I shut it down through the home button thing it turns the console off but the power block stays white for...