Xbox Privacy Settings not Accessible

Discus and support Xbox Privacy Settings not Accessible in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was trying to access user-generated content in Forza Horizon 5 when I got the message; 'access to user-generated content is restricted by your... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by calebish, Jul 2, 2022.

1. calebish
    calebish Guest

I was trying to access user-generated content in Forza Horizon 5 when I got the message; 'access to user-generated content is restricted by your profile privacy settings.' When I try to change my Xbox privacy settings I am redirected to this website; https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/help...e-safety/manage-app-privacy-settings-xbox-one. I have made sure I am not part of an Xbox family group and that my profile age is over 18. Not sure where to go from here. Thanks in advance.

:)

calebish, Jul 2, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Accessing Xbox Privacy Settings

Hello, snowvc. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately, child accounts cannot change their Xbox profile privacy settings. Doesn't matter if they are on a family group or not.

Also, changing your Microsoft account birthdate does not change your Xbox profile birthdate. So if you try to change it to make yourself an adult, it will not work. The Xbox profile birthdate is set when you create your Xbox profile and cannot be changed.

Your only option here if you need to change your privacy settings is to ask a parent to create a family group (if there isn't one already), invite you to the group as a member and change your privacy settings for you.

For a detailed tutorial on how to do it, please refer to:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  3. TheKangarooGuy Win User

Privacy settings

Open the Xbox menu, go to the sign in section (Profile & System), access settings from this tab, from settings you then access the account tab (Second from the top) and finally access Privacy & Online Safety. Note that if your account is a child account
    you will need the password set by the parent account to access your privacy settings.
  4. DreadGrrl Win User

Friends System Needs Work

Under the “privacy and security” settings in your Xbox account there are settings you can adjust to increase your privacy and block access to your information and activities.
  5. iRayDawg Win User

cant play online games

It appears this issue is coming from your Privacy Settings, now do note that if you are on a child account your access to things will be limited. To access the Privacy Settings you will need to scroll to the right to the "SETTINGS" tab on the dashboard and
    select "PRIVACY" and check to see what your privacy settings are.
  6. Zenosos Win User

how can i change my friend privacy settings allowing me to friend people

Hi SuperKnight14,

you can access your privacy settings by first going into:

1. settings
    2. Account
    3. Privacy and online safety
    4. Xbox Live Privacy
    5. view details and customise
    6. friends and clubs
    7. set to allow for friends
Thema:

1. Xbox Privacy Settings not Accessible - Similar Threads - Privacy Settings Accessible

2. Accessing Xbox Privacy Settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accessing Xbox Privacy Settings: I have been trying to access Xbox's privacy settings to change things for voice chat communication in certain games, but I am always redirected to this page because " I can not change the privacy...
  3. Can't access privacy settings on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access privacy settings on Xbox: Hello. I am trying to allow multiplayer to be played on my Minecraft account because it will not allow me to do it. I was told that I should be able to do it through my Xbox Privacy setting but...
  4. I'm not in a Family, but it won't let me access my online privacy settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm not in a Family, but it won't let me access my online privacy settings?: I am not able to play online games such as Minecraft due to some online privacy settings that were never turned on. One day they were just randomly turned on, when I checked with my mother, to...
  5. Cannot access Privacy settings on multiple accounts.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot access Privacy settings on multiple accounts.: I own 3 Microsoft accounts. On two of the accounts I have minecraft accounts. I logged on one them to go on multiplayer and chill. It showed me that I cannot access multiplayer due to my Microsoft...
  6. can't access xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    can't access xbox privacy settings: "Why can’t I change my privacy settings?" support page is alway showing up whenever i try to login to xbox site and access profile settings. I don't have family member and over age 18....
  7. why cant i access my privacy settings after i have left a family group?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i access my privacy settings after i have left a family group?: for some reason i cannot access my privacy settings after leaving a family group. i have no idea why this is going on but i have tried on my pc and mobile (i do not have a console) it has stopped...
  8. Can't access privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access privacy settings: So recently i've been playing halo infinite and i wanted to create a custom game but my settings didn't allow it. When i tried to change my privacy settings, it keeps telling me that i can't...
  9. Not having access to Minecraft multiplayer, even though I have changed my privacy settings.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not having access to Minecraft multiplayer, even though I have changed my privacy settings.: So sometime ago I migrated my Mojang account, and have started using my Microsoft account to play. Today I wanted to play multiplayer, but it said that I still had to change my privacy settings....
  10. My parent doesn't have access to his account and can't change my privacy settings.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My parent doesn't have access to his account and can't change my privacy settings.: I migrated my MC account and then I was unable to play Multiplayer. I asked my parent to allow multiplayer in privacy setting but she was unable to login to her account. She tried to Reset her...