Xbox problems.

Discus and support Xbox problems. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So yesterday before I went to sleep my xbox was working perfectly fine. But I woke up to it saying there was a mandatory update. Which is fine but the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NLMFxZay, Oct 27, 2019.

1. NLMFxZay
    NLMFxZay Guest

Xbox problems.

So yesterday before I went to sleep my xbox was working perfectly fine. But I woke up to it saying there was a mandatory update. Which is fine but the only problem is that it won't update. I've tried all the solutions and even factory reset it. I looked
    online and also tried to update it with a usb to no avail. Xboxs latest os on the website is 10.0.18363.7194 which is the one I had because it came out earlier this month. But my target os is 10.0.18363.7196 and my xbox will NOT update to it no matter how
    time I try. I even factory reset the factory reset. Can someone please help me because I can't afford a new xbox until the next gen and my only option is to buy my friends ps4 off him because ps4 never has done this. But I don't want that I just want my xbox
    to work.

:)

NLMFxZay, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Misses Joust Win User

HDD problem or Xbox problem??

G'day W0lf! You are correct in your conclusion that the HDD is the issue here. Thank you for trying all the steps in our support pages!

Going forward, the best course of action will be this:

• If you're still able to access files on your HDD, try to move your save files onto a USB flash drive or Memory Unit.
    • Register your console and order a replacement HDD at our repair site.
    • If you don't want to order a replacement there, I recommend you stick to trusted retailers from which to buy your new HDD, to make sure it is an official Xbox product. 3rd party HDDs will not support backwards compatibility with Original Xbox games, and
      we cannot guarantee the quality of 3rd party devices.
    • Once the HDD is replaced, re-download your content. There's no need for a license transfer here as you'll be on the same console!

If you have any further questions, please let us know. =)
  3. Silicel2 Win User

You could try to contact support and if you still have warranty you can explain the situation and if it is deemed necessary they can send it in for repair if they find anything wrong with it they will fix it if not they will send it back, just time lost.
    Taking from your post I would go with the hard drive issue, make sure it is properly seated and never move the console while it is operating.
  4. SilentGamer895 Win User

Have you had the E68 message again? If your console is having a hard time reading the discs it may need to be looked at due to the disc reader not working.
  5. Honshuw0lf Win User

My xbox has been reading game discs fine since removing the HDD, however while the drive was installed it would either say the game disc is damaged/unreadable (when it was unscratched/new) or that the download failed (despite it being on-disc play). I've
    been able to load games up and play them for hours, save them to the mem unit without issue (with the HDD removed). So does that sound more like a bad/corrupt HDD rather than a faulty 360 (since the former seems more likely at this point after my investigation)?
  6. JackB9824 Win User

Xbox problem

for the first question its hard to answer as recently they have not been connecting at allbut when they do sometimes the will work for ten minutes then disconnect then work for around 5 minutes the disconnect before becoming regular then some times they
    will disconnect reguraly straight away and by reguraly i mean every 20-40 seconds. yes the problem is both on and offline. Even while connected via usb it disconnectes. i have horsy d controllers and the problem is still there
Thema:

Xbox problems.

1. Xbox problems. - Similar Threads - problems

2. Installation problem (Xbox Game Pass)

in XBoX on Windows
    Installation problem (Xbox Game Pass): Yesterday I have attempted installation of Outer Worlds, being part of my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription. Something went wrong and game disappeared from my games list in the app. Now,...
  3. Spotify Code Problems

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Spotify Code Problems: Recently, I subscribed to Xbox Game Pass ultimate for 3 months for 1 dollar. This subscription included a Spotify Premium membership for 6 months. I did not recieve a code or an email or anything...
  4. Age of Empires II Installation Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires II Installation Problem: Hi, I have a problem on install Age of Empires II into my PC. I just purchase it yesterday and try to install it however, it show some message that my pc is not in the microsoft account list....
  5. Problemas com gamepass ultimate[Translation-Problems with ultimate gamepass]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problemas com gamepass ultimate[Translation-Problems with ultimate gamepass]: eu assinei gamepass ultimate, e na loja gamepass no videogame tem um iconi pra resgatar discord nitro e ea access, porém nao consegui resgatar nenhum dos dois, e agora nao tem mais o iconi na loja...
  6. log in problems / stand alone plater problems

in XBoX Accessibility
    log in problems / stand alone plater problems: i have tried five times to log into my xbox live account with no luck, i have reset the password four times and after each reset it will still not log me in, all i want to do is use the offline...
  7. Changing Emails; Curious if any problems will arise.

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing Emails; Curious if any problems will arise.: I'll just copy it from my reddit post that redirected me to here, and I am sorry if it is too long, but here goes: So for a bit of backstory and context for this question, a long time ago when I...
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless Hotspot connection problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Hotspot connection problem.: My Xbox 360 won't connect to my Samsung Galaxy S5's Mobile Hotspot. It will connect to other Mobile Hotspot Devices I have using the same SIM card - Giffgaff- and these are 3G, that is the only...
  9. Future 'Ghost-Playing' Problem

in XboX Insiders
    Future 'Ghost-Playing' Problem: Hello, I hope there's someone in Redmond working in this future "game changing" experience after what was revealed at X019. To give an explanation to this concept here's a break down: The...
  10. Resolution of Recent Fable 3 Local Co-Op Save Autodestruct Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resolution of Recent Fable 3 Local Co-Op Save Autodestruct Problem: Hello: I hope I am in the right forum, if not, apologies, and hopefully the moderator can situate this post where it belongs... In an earlier post I surprisingly was well received in my...