XBox Profile Associated with Defunct Email and Phone; Can't sign in to Xbox Account

Discus and support XBox Profile Associated with Defunct Email and Phone; Can't sign in to Xbox Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My primary Xbox profile is associated with an old email and phone number that I no longer have access to. Is there a way to change the email address... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DamonNicholson, Nov 25, 2021.

1. XBox Profile Associated with Defunct Email and Phone; Can't sign in to Xbox Account

My primary Xbox profile is associated with an old email and phone number that I no longer have access to. Is there a way to change the email address for this account without signing into Xbox.com? Because the XBox.com access requires a code that is sent to an email or phone, instead of using a password, I am never able to complete the sign-in process. I need access to change the email and delete some outdated payment options. Any ideas???

:)

DamonNicholson, Nov 25, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

XBox Profile Associated with Defunct Email and Phone; Can't sign in to Xbox Account

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

No, it is not possible to change any information without accessing the account. You can fill in the account recovery form. This link has instructions on how to do this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  3. Arminator Win User

main account associated with a defunct email

[quote user="HomeDeer192"]My main account (paran0idandro1d) is associated with a defunct email,[/quote]

If the defunct email is from a third party service (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, or anything else besides Live.com, Hotmail.com or Outlook.com), then the Live Service created a Microsoft Account with an username that looks like your defunct email, however has nothing
    to do with the email itself.

You should still be able to sign into your Microsoft account that looks like your defunct email, if you know the password for the Microsoft Account (which can be different than the password you used on the defunct email).

In order to use "paran0idandro1d" on the email that is used for "homedeer192", you need to do several steps:

Create a new email address at
    https://www.outlook.com
    and choose something you don't want to use. Like for example "dontNeedThatAnymore@ outlook.com" or something like that.

Then using the instructions from
    the link from above
    , use your Xbox 360 to move the homedeer Gamertag to the "dontNeedThatAnymore" Microsoft Account Email.

For security reasons and to slow down account thieves, the email that was associated with homedeer can't be used for 30 days to hold another Gamertag.

Just wait 30 days, then sign in with the paran0idandro1d gamertag on your 360, and move the paran0idandro1d Gamertag over to the now freed ex-homedeer Microsoft Account email with the same instructions.
  4. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Gamertag and downloaded games inaccessible

The games are tied to the account. So when you logged in and it asked you to create a new gamertag that's a sign that you didn't log in with the correct email address.

Xbox Support can lookup the gamertag and try to send out a verification code to the phone and email associated with the account but they can't see the phone or email associated with the account. You'll want to check or try and either try the steps in this
    article -

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution

Or try the password reset using different email addresses you may have used for the sign in email address for the account.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

New gamer tag created

You signed in with a different email than what is with the account that is associated with your xbox 360 profile you can find the email associated with that profile by signing in on the account on the 360 going to settings and account and then billing info
    and it will show you the email address that is associated with that gamer tag
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Microsoft account connectivity problems with my xbox profiles

If you are on a xbox one sign into profile 1 go to settings and under the account tab go to sign in security and passkey.

That screen will tell you what the email is that is associated with that particular xbox profile once you figure that email out any place that you want to sign into profile 1 you would need to use that email.

You can do the same thing with profile 2 sign into it and go to that same screen and it will show you the email associated with that profile.

You can not have one primary email associated with more then one xbox profile because this will happen and not know what profile to sign into
Thema:

1. XBox Profile Associated with Defunct Email and Phone; Can't sign in to Xbox Account - Similar Threads - Profile Associated Defunct

2. accidental new account with live gold subscription needs associated with long time xbox profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    accidental new account with live gold subscription needs associated with long time xbox profile: Well I did it now, I accidently got confused and made a new Microsoft account, to which I redeemed a 12 mo Live Gold subscription to. It gave me some random gamer tag and profile, and no devices...
  3. Switching emails with an associated XBOX profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Switching emails with an associated XBOX profile: Hello all, I currently have an xbox profile associated with one email address and i am wonder if it is possible to switch it to another email. The address i am wishing to switch the profile to...
  4. I am trying to associate a profile on an Xbox360 with my child’s Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to associate a profile on an Xbox360 with my child’s Microsoft Account: I am trying to associate a profile on an Xbox360 with my child’s Microsoft Account which I can then set to be an Xbox live profile such that I can then add a gold membership to it. I have tried...
  5. How to change the Microsoft account associated with Xbox Live profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change the Microsoft account associated with Xbox Live profile.: Hey! So lets say I want to change the Microsoft account connected to my Xbox account, is there an easy way to do this without deleting or deactivating my accounts? For the most part the only...
  6. Microsoft account is no longer associated with my Xbox profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account is no longer associated with my Xbox profile: Several months ago I changed my gamer tag on XboxOne, for the first time ever, and I've noticed since then that my Microsoft account shows a different gamer tag than what I've been using and I am...
  7. Change email associate to Xbox profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email associate to Xbox profile: Hi, I want move my Xbox profile to a new email address, but the old method with a Xbox 360 setting not work. I read about method with Microsoft account alias but I not want change my primary...
  8. How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?)

in XBoX on Windows
    How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?): How do I go about changing my Microsoft account that's currently associated with my Xbox account to a different one? I'm aware of the "aliases" thing that you can do, but that doesn't work for...
  9. Have a new offline profile that I want to associate with a Live account that is used on a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have a new offline profile that I want to associate with a Live account that is used on a...: Hi, I have a number of achievements on a 360 profile that is linked to a gametag already.... I dont really mind losing those, but I would like to move the Live account details to a new profile...
  10. No profile associated with that email adress

in XBoX Accessibility
    No profile associated with that email adress: Iam trying to download my xbox live account then after finishing the steps something popped up and said "There's no profile associated with that email address. Check the email and try again." so I...