Xbox Profile Email

Discus and support Xbox Profile Email in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I first made my Xbox profile when i was 14 and didnt have an email, so i used my dad's microsoft account email Now i need to change the email... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JacybPorter, Aug 18, 2019.

1. JacybPorter
    JacybPorter Guest

Xbox Profile Email

I first made my Xbox profile when i was 14 and didnt have an email, so i used my dad's microsoft account email

Now i need to change the email associated with my xbox profile, separating my xbox profile from his microsoft account and placing this profile in my own microsoft account

Will changing the sign in email for my xbox profile as suggested by the support page seperate my xbox profile from my dad's microsoft account, or will it change the email for that original account?

:)

JacybPorter, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox Profile Email

If your fathers email is a Microsoft one (@outlook, @live, @hotmail etc) then removing it will close down his Microsoft account. Unfortunately in this scenario you wouldn't be able to change email address.

Edit: So yes basically all you would be doing is altering the email for his account.
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Xbox Profile Email

Hey there JacybPorter,

Thank you for marking that response as answered. I do want to just confirm as to what our Ambassadors have stated, in this case being that your fathers email address is not a Microsoft domain then he will not loose his account but the email will be deleted
    from Microsoft services and replaced with the alias that you are going to replace it with.

We will be locking this thread as your question has been answered, if you do have any other questions or concerns feel free to start a new thread so that we may continue to assist you.

Happy Gaming!
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox Profile Email

not really, as if he is to login to any Microsoft service, PC etc he would need your email address and password. As stated it is an unfortunate scenario and you can not seperate the Xbox part from the existing Microsoft account.
  5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Xbox Profile Email

It will only delete his account from your account information. It will not delete his account from existence.
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Xbox Profile Email

Hey there JacybPorter,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, when you update the primary email address (alias) to a Microsoft account you are simply replacing the old one. Unfortunately there is no way to actually move the Xbox profile to a new Microsoft account.

Just be aware that replacing the alias will delete the old one and replace it with the new one, in other words if replaced it will delete your dads alias and replace it with the new one.

You can find more information by following the link below:

I hope this helps.
Thema:

Xbox Profile Email

1. Xbox Profile Email - Similar Threads - Profile Email

2. Email address on childs profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email address on childs profile: I want to update my childs email address via Microsoft family. I've tried edit information but it's not giving the option to change their email address. Is there another way to do it ?...
  3. No profile associated with that email adress

in XBoX Accessibility
    No profile associated with that email adress: Iam trying to download my xbox live account then after finishing the steps something popped up and said "There's no profile associated with that email address. Check the email and try again." so I...
  4. Lost email to an Xbox Live account, don't have the profile on my Xbox, but know the Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost email to an Xbox Live account, don't have the profile on my Xbox, but know the Gamertag: Title. I remember my initial Xbox Live account, but I think I made a new one(this one) at some point, but have no way of recovering my old account as I don't remember the email and I no longer...
  5. I changed my primary email to my xbox one profile now i have problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my primary email to my xbox one profile now i have problems: The email change caused me not to be able to play games when loading any game it just says "Cant find previous data try agin or offline" also i cant join or start xbox chat parties and the xbox...
  6. Extracting my son's xbox acc. gamertag, gaming history and achievements from my email/profile

in XBoX on Windows
    Extracting my son's xbox acc. gamertag, gaming history and achievements from my email/profile: hi , Now that I feel my son is old enough to have his own email address and profile, how do I do this? I've been going round in circles for days following support instructions and unable to speak...
  7. The email for my xbox live account was deleted, how can I enter my Profile and change the ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The email for my xbox live account was deleted, how can I enter my Profile and change the ...: My T-Online Email got deletet due to changing to another Internet Provider. Unfortunately my Xbox Live Account was linked with it. Is there a way , to reenter and change the Email so i can use...
  8. Finding a profile by email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Finding a profile by email: is it possible to locate an xbox online profile by the email associated witht the account? My account was hacked and the person requested a refund on COD black ops 4 i purchased. I have the email...
  9. Unable to recover profile on 360 even with my password and email which I can sign in with on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to recover profile on 360 even with my password and email which I can sign in with on ...: I can sign in to xbox.com and the microsoft account and my xone works fine with the same password and email address but i cannot download my 360 profile as ive recently got another one to play old...
  10. Reedeemed a game code on the wrong email profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reedeemed a game code on the wrong email profile: Hi, My 14 year old son made a simple mistake while setting up a new Xbox Console for a friend. He had forgotton when showing them some stuff he was logged in and not the person who should have...