Xbox Profile Online status randomly changes

Discus and support Xbox Profile Online status randomly changes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Since about 3 days ago, my online status on xbox has been glitching, it goes between online and offline on random moments throughout... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Glennvan Zandt, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Xbox Profile Online status randomly changes

Hello everyone,

Since about 3 days ago, my online status on xbox has been glitching, it goes between online and offline on random moments throughout the day. Everytime when it shows I am offline I go to my settings and it always says my settings are set to appear online. People on my friends list have been messaging me asking why I keep signing in and out, eventhough I am just playing as usual. I have no clue how to fix this, hopefully I can find some help here. Thanks in advance Xbox Profile Online status randomly changes :)

:)

Glennvan Zandt, Apr 20, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @Glennvan Zandt, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Ambassador Kingz Win User

A Problem with my online status!

Hey there, you can change your online status on your Xbox One under your profile.
  4. Undeadfire Zero Win User

Offline / Online

Dashboard > My Xbox > Profile > Online Safety > Change Settings > Customize > Online Status > Everyone/Friends Only.
  5. Noahgriff Win User

Friends not showing up as online

He might be appearing offline, to change this he will need to select his profile on the xbox (His console) go down to online status and then select "Online"
  6. HassanB Win User

Help - need to sort out accounts

Hello,

Unfortunately, there's no way to merge these profiles together.

The question here is, are these profiles both offline profiles, or are they already LIVE enabled?

If the profiles are offline, then you can simply choose to take one of them in an online status by logging into the one that your son would like use permanently and simply push the middle button on the Xbox 360 controller and go to Join Xbox LIVE. You will
    be prompted to enter in e-mail/password, date of birth, name, address, etc.

After that process is complete, you should see a randomly generated gamertag pop up on the screen, so don't be alarmed. This randomly generated gamertag can be changed one time for free within the first 30 days of creation to anything that is available on Xbox
    LIVE (as long as it's appropriate), instructions on how to do that can be found
    here

Once the profile has been converted into an online status, this can be downloaded to multiple consoles and games can be played with achievements being earned tracked on Xbox.com. If you would like to give him the ability to play online you can then purchase
    an Xbox LIVE Gold membership.

If you'd like to use this profile on multiple consoles you can simply download the profile onto the other console (once it's an online profile) by simply pushing the middle button on the Xbox 360 controller and going to Download Profile. If download profile
    isn't listed, you'll want to push X to sign out of the current account, and then download profile should be listed.

-

Let us know if you have any other questions, we'll do our best to answer them for you.
Thema:

1. Xbox Profile Online status randomly changes - Similar Threads - Profile Online status

2. how to find a list of connected account to my xbox profile online?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to find a list of connected account to my xbox profile online?: how do I find a list of connected account to my xbox profile online? ( I don't own an xbox ) 9fffc92e-6b37-44af-9fc5-aa48371c4b11
  3. Main profile only will not connect to online games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Main profile only will not connect to online games.: Strange issue here, im unable to connect to online games on my main account, the other family profile is working normally. The issues is effecting my profile on Series X, One X and Cloud streaming...
  4. Online profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Online profile: Will not load my online profile says ive been disconected from servers and shows error code 2048 but internet etc all ok any ideas please from the uk f50b86dd-940a-4e84-b4f0-c621016f0115
  5. MW Warzone fetching online profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW Warzone fetching online profile: I have been trying to connect to multiplayer for 2 hours. I have power cycled both the cable modem and wifi router as well as the xbox one. I have ran network connection, multiplayer connection,...
  6. XBOX ONE: GTAV Online Profile Doesn't Allow Access w/ Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE: GTAV Online Profile Doesn't Allow Access w/ Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack.: Hello, I was transferred here by Rockstar Support, regarding my issues with GTAV Online. It seems that it will not allow me in the GTAV Online, as I already have the Criminal Enterprise Starter...
  7. Profile/Message access and Unknown online status

in XBoX Accessibility
    Profile/Message access and Unknown online status: If I click on my profile or try to read messages it shows the loading ring then immediately displays "That didn't work. Sorry, give it another try" I have no clue how to deal with this. I also get...
  8. When is custom profile pics coming back online.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is custom profile pics coming back online.: Me and my friend spamming the community staff member about reabling the custom pics and i want answer or alternative to fix this problem because everybody is pissed off at you. So are you...
  9. My profile's status shows me as offline even though my settings are set to show me online

in XboX Networking Hardware
    My profile's status shows me as offline even though my settings are set to show me online: My profile's status shows me as offline even though my settings are set to show me online For some reason my account shows me as offline to everyone even thought it's set to show me online. when I...
  10. No notifications when friends come online/ no alternate profile status's?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No notifications when friends come online/ no alternate profile status's?: Anyone else noticed that you only get the pop ups for when you get messages? What happened to being notified when friends get online? And what happened to being able to set your status to not only...