Xbox Ready To Play and paused Download.

Discus and support Xbox Ready To Play and paused Download. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Goodday everyone! With the Ready to Play feature being as amazing as it is, is there anyway to have the downloads paused when you launch a Ready to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FuzzLiteBeard, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Xbox Ready To Play and paused Download.

Goodday everyone!

With the Ready to Play feature being as amazing as it is, is there anyway to have the downloads paused when you launch a Ready to Play game in progress?

Im Iownloading Apex Legends for my son. This update is a good 32GB. My internet is pretty bandwidth challenged. We are about 20GB in and it is ready to play without any HD textures. Not a big deal. Launching the game though resumes the download and causes
    lag. Is there anyway around this?

:)

FuzzLiteBeard, Mar 4, 2020
  2. FuzzLiteBeard Win User

Hello ,

Thank you for posting here on tyhe Xbox forums. We understand that you are looking for a way to pause the download of a game whenever you launch it when it reaches its "Ready to play" mode. While there is no way to set this up to happen automatically, you
    should be able to pause the download manually and then launch the game. Just make sure you select Pause and not "Cancel". Let us know the results!
    Nope, this unfortunately doesnt work. It allows you to pause it, but when you launch the game it auto resumes. If you have the game launched, then try to pause, same thing, a few seconds later it auto resumes.

I'm not sure if there is a less conventional method. Router port blocking?
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello FuzzLiteBeard,

Thank you for posting here on tyhe Xbox forums. We understand that you are looking for a way to pause the download of a game whenever you launch it when it reaches its "Ready to play" mode. While there is no way to set this up to happen automatically, you
    should be able to pause the download manually and then launch the game. Just make sure you select Pause and not "Cancel". Let us know the results!
  4. Flaming Pingu Win User

Download Pause - Ready to Play Issue

Not sure how to help but can I ask why you don't want all of it installed?? Also I think if you press the "start" button on the install I think the option is there
  5. OnlineMessage Win User

Download Pause - Ready to Play Issue

Thanks for the reply. I have a data cap limit. Forza 5 is 40 GB for the whole thing. It's a big download. I had it running perfectly at 35 % with plenty of racing for the Weekend free Play deal. Thus, it's not necessary to blow my data cap on the whole
    thing, I'm not a huge race fan. Also, just regarding the "think it's there" ... that's what I thought... 5 hours of searching plus about 183 button click attempts seem to suggest not. Wish these things were "idiot proof" to be honest, hope I'm blind and
    it's like right there... but honestly ... it's not.
  6. Flymonkey102 Win User

Update delete

It's how the Xbox is installing the update in to the original download. Just pause the update until you're ready.
Thema:

1. Xbox Ready To Play and paused Download. - Similar Threads - Ready Play paused

2. Im trying to play a disc but its saying it has to install or show READY TO START before i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im trying to play a disc but its saying it has to install or show READY TO START before i...: Do i NEED to download the disc BEFORE playing it. Im off-line but my Xbox ONE still wont let me launch it. 04b1544e-7172-408e-bfc4-d4bd99b27847
  3. leps world plus installed ready to play. message Thank you for buying the full version of...

in XBoX on Windows
    leps world plus installed ready to play. message Thank you for buying the full version of...: Bought Leps world Plus, installed ready to play...Message Thank you for buying the full version of Leps World Plus. We wish you much fun. Cannot get rid of the message over the top of the game,...
  4. keep getting message 'Not Ready Yet' when trying to play new Star Wars installed game (disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    keep getting message 'Not Ready Yet' when trying to play new Star Wars installed game (disc...: When trying to play new Star Wars installed game (disc in drive), I keep getting the 'Not Ready Yet message! All help gratefully received.... fae72a80-7740-4c6e-b769-a363b6dff674
  5. Ready to Play interrupting/stopping downloads

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ready to Play interrupting/stopping downloads: Tried downloading the Shadowkeep expansion for Destiny 2. When it got to "ready to play" it seemed to stop downloading. Went into the game and there was no progress on transferring content....
  6. When Will Gears 5 Be Ready to Play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When Will Gears 5 Be Ready to Play?: After my 1st 2 or 3 matches in Gears 5 I started receiving an error that said my end of match results could not be retrieved. I figured I'd still unlock things, but that I just needed to go to a...
  7. Ark game will not continue to download once you hit the ready to play bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark game will not continue to download once you hit the ready to play bar: Ark is not downloading or updating once you hit the bar that says game is ready to play. It first did thos during my update today and stopped at 89% and didnt budge, after I cancelled the update...
  8. Falta juego en "listos para instalar" (Mod Translation: Foul play in "ready to install")

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Falta juego en "listos para instalar" (Mod Translation: Foul play in "ready to install"): Hace algunos años compré la primera versión de xbox one, venia un juego incluido con la consola por medio de un código. Hice el canje del código del juego con mi cuenta y de vez en cuando lo...
  9. Stop Download - Ready to Play Install (hold pause at 35%)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Download - Ready to Play Install (hold pause at 35%): Hello, Can anyone help me. Xbox One features the Ready to Play during the download install. It can pause the download. I want my Forza 5 download permanently paused at 35% because it's a 40GB size...
  10. Download Pause - Ready to Play Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download Pause - Ready to Play Issue: Hello, Sorry (I've cross-posted this out of desperation) Can anyone help me. Xbox One features the Ready to Play during the download install. It can pause the download. I want my Forza 5 download...