Xbox Rechargeable Battery not charging

Discus and support Xbox Rechargeable Battery not charging in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just purchased a Xbox rechargeable battery pack a few weeks ago. A week in, I charge it for the first time. Second week, charges perfectly again.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnboxedTechPro, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Xbox Rechargeable Battery not charging

I just purchased a Xbox rechargeable battery pack a few weeks ago. A week in, I charge it for the first time. Second week, charges perfectly again. Third week, won’t charge at all. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

:)

UnboxedTechPro, Mar 4, 2021
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one s controller charging.

NO YOU CAN NOT (at least not rechargeable Mignon AA batteries)

The Xbox can't know if you have rechargeable AA batteries in it or disposable batteries.

If the controller started to charge non-rechargeable batteries, they might catch fire or explode in your hand.

Microsoft can't let that happen, as people would sue Microsoft to bankruptcy if a controller accidentally charged a non-rechargeable AA battery and it exploded in their hands, getting corrosive battery fluid in the wound and all over their clothes.

Therefore, the Xbox controller will NOT charge the normal, rechargeable AA batteries, as the console can't determine if it is a real rechargeable battery or not.

If you look into the battery compartment, you will see some small golden contacts between the bigger battery contacts. Those are the contacts to charge Play & Charge battery packs.

ONLY THESE CONTACTS will be able to charge the rechargeable battery packs from the Play & Charge kit.
  3. DangerousBard Win User

the charging station is strange

Hello gamer,

This behavior can occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

. The battery has reached the charge limit.

. There may be an issue with the charge cable.

. There may be an issue with the battery.

Things to try:

1. Determine the part of the recharging system that may be causing the issue.

Controller

Try AA batteries or try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack in the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to verify that there is nothing wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, the controller is not causing the issue.

Charge cable

Try a different Xbox 360 Play and Charge cable to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different charge cable, the original charge cable is faulty.

Rechargeable battery

a. Use a cotton swab and some alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

b. Try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, the original battery is faulty.
  4. Deemushunter Win User

Xbox one controller says it's connected but isn't working

To resolve this issue, determine the faulty component and then replace that component:

The Xbox One Wireless Controller

To troubleshoot the wireless controller, try using AA batteries, or try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack to verify that nothing is wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, it isn't causing the issue.

The Xbox One Play & Charge cable

To check whether the cable is the problem, try a different Play & Charge cable (or any standard USB to micro-USB cable) to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different cable, your charge cable is faulty.

The rechargeable battery

To troubleshoot the rechargeable battery, try the following:

Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox One Wireless Controller. Then try to charge the battery again.

Try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, your original battery is faulty.
  5. Deemushunter Win User

Play and charge issue.

To resolve this issue, determine the faulty component and then replace that component:

The Xbox One Wireless Controller

To troubleshoot the wireless controller, try using AA batteries, or try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack to verify that nothing is wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, it isn't causing the issue.

The Xbox One Play & Charge cable

To check whether the cable is the problem, try a different Play & Charge cable (or any standard USB to micro-USB cable) to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different cable, your charge cable is faulty.

The rechargeable battery

To troubleshoot the rechargeable battery, try the following:

Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox One Wireless Controller. Then try to charge the battery again.

Try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, your original battery is faulty.
  6. DangerousBard Win User

2 problems i been having lately. please help

Regarding your first question you should check your NAT settings and make sure they are open

Regarding the controller problem this occurs when:

. The battery has reached the charge limit.

. There may be an issue with the charge cable.

. There may be an issue with the battery.

Things to try:

1. Determine the part of the recharging system that may be causing the issue.

Controller

Try AA batteries or try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack in the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to verify that there is nothing wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, the controller is not causing the issue.

Charge cable

Try a different Xbox 360 Play and Charge cable to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different charge cable, the original charge cable is faulty.

Rechargeable battery

a. Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

b. Try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, the original battery is faulty.
Thema:

Xbox Rechargeable Battery not charging

1. Xbox Rechargeable Battery not charging - Similar Threads - Rechargeable Battery charging

2. Rechargeable battery pack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rechargeable battery pack: Hi i recentlybought a new robot white x/s controller for my son but his venom rechargeable battery pack he used with his old controller doesnt fit as the holes for the plastic tabs are in a...
  3. Xbox One Play-&-Charge rechargeable battery (official) doesn't work with Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Play-&-Charge rechargeable battery (official) doesn't work with Series X controller: I recently received a Series X controller as a gift. I am trying to use my old Xbox One's Plug-and-Play rechargeable battery in my new Series X controller. It is fully charged and it fits...
  4. My elite controller will not turn on even though there are fully charged rechargeable batteries

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite controller will not turn on even though there are fully charged rechargeable batteries: What is the best way i can fix it? 60743b39-7391-4555-af39-bcdb72327139
  5. My rechargeable battery pack will not charge and my controller only turns on when its plugged ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My rechargeable battery pack will not charge and my controller only turns on when its plugged ...: My controller will not turn on with the rechargable battery pack in it and the battery wont charge when I plug my controller in. I cant play unless the controller is plugged in and i know its not...
  6. play and charge kit rechargeable battery for xbox one controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    play and charge kit rechargeable battery for xbox one controller: The rechargeable battery pack in my play & charge kit has died - this after 4 months of moderate daily play. I can't find a site that sells just a replacement battery, only the entire kit. At this...
  7. Play and Charge kit/rechargeable batteries

in XBoX on Consoles
    Play and Charge kit/rechargeable batteries: I have a play and charge kit. I have been using it for about 2 years and recently the battery has not been keeping the charge for very long and when I charge it the indicator says that it is fully...
  8. Can i charge the controller using any usb cable, with rechargeable batteries?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i charge the controller using any usb cable, with rechargeable batteries?: Hi, i was wondering if it was possible to recharge the Xbone controller with a usb cable, and rechargeable batteries? I've tried multiple Play & Charge kits on the 360 but hated them. I'm also...
  9. Charging stations for the rechargeable battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Charging stations for the rechargeable battery: Can I still get the charging stations for the rechargeable battery? The reason I ask is that I have a turtle beach headset and it annoys my friends when I recharge my battery when I'm in a party....
  10. Will it charge rechargeable batteries?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will it charge rechargeable batteries?: If you put regular rechargeable batteries in your controller and plug it into the console with a USB cable, does it charge them? I'm guessing the answer is "no", but there's no technical reason...