Xbox redeem code region issue

Discus and support Xbox redeem code region issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've purchased a 3 month Xbox live code through my MS Live account, but it won't now redeem to my Xbox account. Have tried asking for a refund,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Norman NAS, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Norman NAS
    Norman NAS Guest

Hi,

I've purchased a 3 month Xbox live code through my MS Live account, but it won't now redeem to my Xbox account. Have tried asking for a refund, but am simply advised the purchase does not qualify because it was bought it in a different region.

What I don't understand is that I bought the code through my MS account which is my Xbox account, how could I have purchased it in a different region? Have checked my locations on both MS Live and Xbox accounts, both are the same. How do I discover what
    region the code is assigned to if it is not that which my account is registered to ??

Any help would be appreciated, I have a teenage mutant child getting a little stressed that dad has messed up...

:)

Norman NAS, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Radiant Sword X Win User

Redeem code

Hi. What are you trying to redeem? Some redeem codes are region locked meaning that they can only be redeemed in that specific country. So if you were given a redeem code for the US Xbox One, then the redeem code will not work for your version of Xbox
    One. Could that be the issue?
  3. Smwutches Win User

not able to redeem Fallout 3 code

The codes can be redeemed on the One or website. Usually the issues with redeeming the codes is a region issue. The game is region locked. So in order to download, your account region and your physical location have to match and you have to live in a region
    where the game is available.
  4. Mister Quimby Win User

fallout 4 all access granted season pass does not work

Hey there Scorfna089!

Sorry to hear about the code redemption issue! If you are continuing to run into issues redeeming your code, I suggest making sure that your account region matches your physical location. Region mismatches can cause code redemption issues if your account
    is not set properly. Additionally, you will need to be located in an Xbox Live supported region in order for you to redeem this code without issues. For a list of Xbox Live supported regions, check our Xbox
    Live Countries
    page. Thanks in advance!
  5. {Parity} Win User

saisonpass

That would be a region issue and the code would probably not redeem.
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Doom 1 pre-order code from Doom doesn't work but the Doom 2 code did.

Hey, Kensy3! If you are having issues redeeming a code, it's generally due to a mismatch of your account region and physical location. You will want to do a
    region migration to ensure your account region reflects where you are located and then attempt to redeem the code again. If you are still having issues after, make sure you attempt
    to redeem the code on the website and post back with the error code you receive there. Thanks!
Thema:

1. Xbox redeem code region issue - Similar Threads - redeem code region

2. Switching a redeem code to a different region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switching a redeem code to a different region: my friend sent me a code from canda and im in the u.s and j csnt redeem it it says contact seller to switch it 9f0ed8c0-bc2e-4e4e-a9c1-974c54bc9599
  3. Redeeming a code region error, while being in the same region.

in XBoX on Windows
    Redeeming a code region error, while being in the same region.: Greetings, So yesterday I've purchased a game as a gift for a friend. We live a few blocks away from each other and I've decided to make a little gift. All was great until the region blocked...
  4. Are redeem codes for US region locked for Mexico region?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Are redeem codes for US region locked for Mexico region?: I am just curious. If the redeem code is for the US, it cannot be used for Mexican accounts? ff75cd08-9c80-41ff-acd2-66c5f61ec086
  5. my freind from a diffrent region bought me a gift but i cant redeem the code bc its from a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my freind from a diffrent region bought me a gift but i cant redeem the code bc its from a...: i tried getting a new code through xbox support and i waited 24 hours and i just recivied the message . i was wondering how i'd go about that. and get a new code for my region. or even a refund...
  6. Redeem a code from another region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeem a code from another region: Hi, i have problem redeem a code that got gifted to me. I live in Sweden, and my online friend, from US gifted me a code for ingame content. Tried to request a diffrent code but the webbsite...
  7. Redeeming code that I received with incorrect region

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Redeeming code that I received with incorrect region: I received and promotional code but my region was incorrect, it say MX but I'm in united states bcd862a0-bc2e-4f25-9303-a0a63249acdb
  8. Someone in a different region bought me a game, is there anyway to redeem the code?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Someone in a different region bought me a game, is there anyway to redeem the code?: I live in Canada and he lives in the USA, is there anyways to redeem a code across regions? b4bc72e5-c800-4d5c-a7b1-25dbdd755ed2
  9. redeem code keeps telling me to change langauge region but when i change it it still says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    redeem code keeps telling me to change langauge region but when i change it it still says...: redeem code keeps telling me to change langauge region but when i change it it still says it, help as it seems impossible to make contact with an actual human! e307aedc-97ba-4530-b66e-627292779d0e
  10. I changed my Region on my Xbox - now I can't redeem my code, no matter what.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my Region on my Xbox - now I can't redeem my code, no matter what.: I live in Austria and bought a game code (Red dead redemption (the first one for xbox 360). I changed my language settings (not my location in the first place) in order to install the game in...