Xbox remembering my Internet password.

Discus and support Xbox remembering my Internet password. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So each time I disconnect my Xbox One from the Internet, I always have to re-enter my password (which is long and full of numerals). I was wondering if... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cody Cat 7, May 1, 2014.

1. Cody Cat 7
    Cody Cat 7 Guest

So each time I disconnect my Xbox One from the Internet, I always have to re-enter my password (which is long and full of numerals). I was wondering if anyone has to do this or am I'm I not enacting a certain feature?

:)

Cody Cat 7, May 1, 2014
  2. Xbox One wifi password

Whenever I sign in to Xbox Live, I have to reenter my wifi password. I only connect to my home network, so it is not the problem of only remembering the last network. If I lose internet (router issue), then I have to reenter my wifi password everytime.
    This happens often when streaming shows, and I have to enter the wifi password each time.

How can I have my Xbox One remember my wifi password? I did not have this problem with the 360.

Thanks!

THEE ALPHA AL, May 1, 2014
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile

Xbox LIVE password overview

It is possible to download your Xbox LIVE profile to several different consoles. You may need to do this if you have more than one Xbox 360 console, or you want to play games at a friend's house. In such a situation, you may want to password protect your Xbox LIVE account so that no one else can sign in using your profile.

Set the console to remember your password

Once you have downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to a console, you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. The Remember Password option is usually off by default. This means that you will be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE.

If you don't want to be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE, select the Remember Password option.

Change the password protection on your profile

You are required to set the Remember Password option after you download your Xbox LIVE profile. However, you can change the password protection on your Xbox LIVE profile any time.

If you don't need a password to sign in:

Sign into your Xbox LIVE profile. After you have entered your Microsoft account password, select the Remember Password option.

If you choose the Remember Password option, you will not be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

If you need a password to sign in:

You can restrict access to your Xbox LIVE profile on any console using your Microsoft account password.

Steps to follow

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Under Settings, select Account and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select Require Password Here

You will be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile remotely

If you downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to another console and it is not password protected, or someone has compromised your password, you can change the password from a remote location so that no one else can access your profile.

Change your Microsoft account

1) Sign into accounts.live.com using your Microsoft account.

2) Go to Account Information and, next to Password, click Change.

You can also use your console to change your Microsoft account password.

Note: If the Xbox LIVE profile you downloaded does not require a password to sign in (You selected the Remember Password option), you will not be able to restrict someone from signing into your Xbox profile even if you change your Microsoft account password.

You can remove your Microsoft account password so that other people cannot access your Xbox profile on other consoles. This will ensure that a password is required before signing into your Xbox profile.

Remotely set a profile password from a computer:

1) Sign into your Xbox LIVE account.

2) Under Settings, select Account, and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select On All Other Consoles.

Once you have done this, a password will be required to sign into your Xbox LIVE profile on all other consoles.

xboxfelix, May 1, 2014
  4. Xbox remembering my Internet password.

if i remember correct you should be able to save your Password like that

homescreen->Settings->sign in and security->Change security Options (downleft button), you could activate kinect sign in there if desired

StefanNeubauer, May 2, 2014
  5. StefanNeubauer Win User

if i remember correct you should be able to save your Password like that

homescreen->Settings->sign in and security->Change security Options (downleft button), you could activate kinect sign in there if desired
  6. A Scruffy Nerd Win User

What's your Kinect plan out of the box?

Buying a new TV would be the first thing for me..

Taping over kinect would be the next step.

Then trying to remember my damned internet password thing.
  7. Mister Gwyther Win User

Cant remember my xbox live password

8. Master Bob Win User

Cant remember my xbox live password

If you can't get to your Windows Live ID, then you can't get into your Xbox Live account.
  9. Miss Portia Win User

cant remember my windows password

You can use the "forgot password?" feature below the login screen on Xbox.com. :)
Thema:

1. Xbox remembering my Internet password. - Similar Threads - remembering Internet password

2. Stuck on a verification for a account I don’t remember and I can’t get out of it on the...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Stuck on a verification for a account I don’t remember and I can’t get out of it on the...: Help us protect your account We've detected something unusual about this sign-in. For example, you might be signing in from a new location, device or app. To verify that this is your email...
  3. I cannot remember my old Xbox 360 password from over 10 years ago

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot remember my old Xbox 360 password from over 10 years ago: Hi! Hope I can get this sorted out as it is super frustrating, but I had an account around 10 years ago that i used for games and game addons you can't get anymore for Xbox 360. I disposed of that...
  4. Who Remembers 1 vs 100 on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Who Remembers 1 vs 100 on Xbox 360?: yh i remember would be cool having something like it again on xbox like you could earn bing point which can be redeemed for giftcards de914354-ecc2-4fdd-a612-e47b9772b81d
  5. Hello, i had another account (like 10 y.a.) but i don't remember my email or associated...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, i had another account (like 10 y.a.) but i don't remember my email or associated...: I know, i was twelve and i kinda forgot the email i used for xbox live. The only things i remember are my battletag and the password. I don't have an xbox 360 or an XboxOne. I don't remember any...
  6. How to recover?. I don't remember my email user but remember the password and GameTag :(...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to recover?. I don't remember my email user but remember the password and GameTag :(...: Hi, i'm sorry, i don´t speak english, please used the google traslate :) English: Hi, I have a problem, I do not remember my email user, but if I remember my GameTag and password, I have an...
  7. XBOX One Mic Muted (third time this year, can't remember the fix)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One Mic Muted (third time this year, can't remember the fix): XBOX One Mic Muted (third time this year, can't remember the fix) 1ac3d1cc-fc83-4f69-8e6f-9dd0c68cefe3
  8. Trying to set up new Xbox 1 and can’t remember Microsoft account password - how do I reset?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to set up new Xbox 1 and can’t remember Microsoft account password - how do I reset?: Trying to set up new Xbox 1 and can’t remember Microsoft account password - how do I reset? df4e7f73-60a3-48c9-9b5b-1e458fe29f22
  9. Cant remember old account or email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant remember old account or email.: Hi guys, SO I am in a children´s hospital where I am the patient and they provided me with an xbox 1s. But last night I accidentally scheduled the light/dark theme transition and had to reset the...
  10. Cannot remember the mail I used to my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remember the mail I used to my microsoft account: I have since start august not been able to logon to my account. I would just like to know if there is a microsoft support Email, so that they may be able to fix this for me :) I have posted...