Xbox remote install from Game Pass app

Discus and support Xbox remote install from Game Pass app in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I've used the Xbox Game Pass app for a while now (about a year) and have been able to remotely install games via that feature in the app until just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by monrocito, Apr 8, 2021.

1. monrocito
    monrocito Guest

I've used the Xbox Game Pass app for a while now (about a year) and have been able to remotely install games via that feature in the app until just recently. It stopped working a few days ago. When I try (same way it worked before), it gives me an error message that says, "Uh oh, something went wrong". I have tried every suggestion I have found by searching online. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone. Yes, I have plenty of space on my Xbox (over 200GB free for a 2 GB game). I have enabled all the correct settings both on my Xbox console and on my phone/Game Pass app. Nothing works. There is an Xbox Game Pass quest to install apps remotely and I cannot complete it because of this issue.

:)

monrocito, Apr 8, 2021
  2. DakkaRaptor Win User

Xbox app does not detect already installed games via the game pass

Hi there if you are wanting to remote install games on the game pass download the game pass app as the xbox app does not do this. As for it not loading things there are known connection issues that will hopefully resolved soon. Hope you are safe and well
    in these trying times.
  3. enad2k Win User

Unable to remote install games on Xbox Series X from the Microsoft Store or from Game Pass mobile app

Hi,

Thank you for affirming, it's not just me.

Same deal. I upgraded from the original Xbox One to a Series X. I could manage games from both the Xbox app and Game Pass app to my original Xbox One. I put my Series X into service on 1/28/21. Apparently ,from what I have seen there must have been app updates to the Game Pass app.

Now as you said, I cannot manage or install Game Pass apps remotely from the Game Pass app to the Series X. However, it looks like the Xbox App can manage the Series X.

I also factory reset the original Xbox One and packed it up. I also removed my original Xbox One from the Devices tab on my account.microsoft.com page and made sure my Series X was set as my home xbox.

Pretty confident that this is not me nor you.

Figured I would mention I have the same issue and hope they fix it soon.

For what it is worth, you can filter games in the Xbox app on your phone to show Game Pass games along with optimized for SeriesX|S and platform as Xbox One. Then you can at least see the Game Pass games in the Xbox app and remote install them that way as a work around.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox mobile downloads?

5. FreakRoach Win User

Game Pass

Can you try power cycling your console? Hold power button on your Xbox for 10 seconds, then wait for it to switch off. Then remove the power cable from back. Wait another 10 seconds. Connect the cable back and start your console and try again.

Also, did you try the Xbox game pass app from your phone and tried to remotely install games? Also, you can try from xbox.com, login with your account and try to install game remotely from there.
  6. s33r Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC: Even though other drive selected, game still install to C:

Are these games you're installing through the XBox (Beta) app or remote installing using the App?
Thema:

1. Xbox remote install from Game Pass app - Similar Threads - remote install Game

2. Unable to remote install games on Xbox Series X from the Microsoft Store or from Game Pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to remote install games on Xbox Series X from the Microsoft Store or from Game Pass...: I upgraded from an Xbox One X to an Xbox Series X last week, and have since been unable to install any games from the Game Pass mobile app or from the Microsoft Store app on my Windows 10 PC. I...
  3. Remote install keeps re-installing deleted games.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote install keeps re-installing deleted games.: Iv encountered a very annoying bug related to the remote install feature. I have tried reporting the issue trough the insider app in the Series X but it just hangs in the "Gathering diagnostic...
  4. Do I have to install game to xbox before I can play it on my phone via streaming/remote play?

in XboX Insiders
    Do I have to install game to xbox before I can play it on my phone via streaming/remote play?: I'm wanting to play the xbox on my phone with a razor kishi, the game I want to play isn't on cloud but requires the disk to be in the console in order for me to play it.. The console is switched...
  5. Remote install of games with xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Remote install of games with xbox app: We really need an option on the xbox app to browse and install our allready owned games remotely. Think about it, having a hard day at work and suddenly you get the urge to play game x when you...
  6. Remote game installation

in XBoX on Mobile
    Remote game installation: Hi folks, I'm trying to remotely install games on my xbox using the game pass app, but it will not let me manage the external hard drive storage, only internal, which is currently full. Is there...
  7. Game pass app remote installation not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass app remote installation not working: I tried to install game remotely for the game pass quests and i get the message "couldn't find any devices". set up a console is not working on settings. It worked last month. It doesn't work on...
  8. Game pass remote downloads broken again,installation failed happening again after 3 days of...

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass remote downloads broken again,installation failed happening again after 3 days of...: A weird pattern is emerging here. I’ve been downloading games to my Xbox last few weeks to test how it is working and it’s working for 3 days fine and then breaks again. Weirdly I knew it would...
  9. Issues with remote installation on Game Pass app.

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with remote installation on Game Pass app.: [IMG] submitted by /u/XboxMik29 [link] [comments]
  10. Impossible to remote Install Games on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Impossible to remote Install Games on Xbox: Hi ! I'm new in the XBox world and I have this pretty annoying issue since I install my XBox One X last sunday. My issue is exactly the same as described in this (locked) thread :...