Xbox Remote Play does not work from another Wifi

Discus and support Xbox Remote Play does not work from another Wifi in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey Community, I have problems with the connection to my Xbox Series X via Remote Play on my windows 10 PC. I can't access the Xbox from another Wifi... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Barbarossa7443, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Xbox Remote Play does not work from another Wifi

Hey Community,

I have problems with the connection to my Xbox Series X via Remote Play on my windows 10 PC. I can't access the Xbox from another Wifi outside my home. The conenction settings and NAT are at "Open" and i already configured portforwarding to my Xbox.

If i switch from an outside WiFi to a mobile connection, it starts to work. And i also tried from a differen WiFi which is working too.

Any ideas on what i have to configure in my home Wifi to make Remote Play work?

Thanks for any Ideas

Barbarossa

:)

Barbarossa7443, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Barbarossa, do not know what procedures you have tried but try to do the following, on your Xbox do a cache cleanup and MAC Address as shown below.

The first is a cache cleanup:

1. Go to xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on your console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds for it to turn off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

MAC Address

Settings » Network Settings » Advanced Settings » Alternate MAC Address » Click Clear

Will ask to restart the console.

After that on the device of your home Internet if you have access to its settings check that the channels 2.4 and 5.0Ghz are active, and also the channels, usually they come in automatic but can be put in manual.

Usually some options appear as in the example below.

[​IMG]
  3. Nursemorph Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

Then remote.play wont work

Remote play ala xcloud is only available on gamepass ultimate

Game.streaming.via.the xbox companion app requires a xbox

Keep in mind you can't.use.the.xbox while you are.using.the wireless gamestreaming
    Huh? Remote Play is nothing to do with Xcloud or Game Pass. And if it won't work, then how can they get it working on their Android device? And they have an Xbox so that's not the issue.

They are trying to Remote Play their Series X games from their Series X console to their PC via the Remote Play feature and using the Xbox App. This should work without an issue, as it does with their Android device. There is nothing on the Remote Play page to suggest Game Pass is needed

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/consoles/remote-play
  4. LordFlux Win User

Xbox Live Cloud Started already????

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

So what does this do? Is it like onlive where you stream the game off a computer?

[/quote]

No, you won't stream video from a remote location to play your games. It basically works as remote storage -- so if you recover your GT on another 360, you'll be able to access your save games.
  5. Wrightstuff1 Win User

Stream xbox one to android phone

Hopefully in the near future. the ps4 remote play only works if you have good WiFi connection and you have to have a ps4 with xcloud coming you should only need an xbox live account and not an xbox to play on any device.

That's my understanding of it.
  6. DaewooKim1 Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

I'm having the same issue.

but I figured something about this.

When TV that connected to XBOX is turned on. remote play works.

but when TV is turned off. remote play is not working.

if I turn on my TV first, then remote play from my PC . it works perfectly.

then if I turn off my TV. suddenly Remote play become very unstable and stuttering.

and it disconnected automatically in a minute.

I tested wireless and wired , both behaves same.

and most importantly , this issue not reproducing iPhone and android phone remote play.

mobile phone remote play works perfectly no matter TV is turned on or not.
Thema:

1. Xbox Remote Play does not work from another Wifi - Similar Threads - Remote Play does

2. I'm trying to connect on the Xbox App for Remote Play on my Surface but I keep getting this...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to connect on the Xbox App for Remote Play on my Surface but I keep getting this...: I've tried resetting my app and even my surface and still getting the same issue and I don't know what i do? 8f672426-dd09-4eb6-9965-9ecbffc2c4ef
  3. Remote play not working on PC when it works on Xbox app on iPhone

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working on PC when it works on Xbox app on iPhone: Hi everyone. Just as the title goes, the remote play works perfectly fine on my iPhone app, but it is not working properly on PC. It seems to have connected to the Xbox, but it only shows me the...
  4. "Can't connect right now, try again later": Remote play/game streaming does not work for 48 now

in XboX Insiders
    "Can't connect right now, try again later": Remote play/game streaming does not work for 48 now: (Typo in the title: *48h) It already happened a few months ago but it did not last as long as this time, so I get kinda worried: I can't connect to my console on the Win10 app, on my phone or on...
  5. Does anybody face the connection issue with xbox remote play on win 10?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody face the connection issue with xbox remote play on win 10?: Hi all, I wanted to give the remote play a shot for recording and streaming, both connected to 75mbps full duplex 5G , the connection strength is good on both the PC and the Xbox then again I'm...
  6. Does anyone know how to setup remote play onto the Mac M1?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know how to setup remote play onto the Mac M1?: Any ways that I could do easy. submitted by /u/youngbuck139 [link] [comments]
  7. Remote Play icon does not show in XBOX app for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Play icon does not show in XBOX app for PC: Hello, I am sucessfully using Remote Play with Xbox Series X on my mobile phone. It works. As I understood recently Microsoft introduced Remote Play on Xbox app in Windos 10 too. I watched some...
  8. Does anyone know how I can fix remote play this is all I get when I try and use it

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know how I can fix remote play this is all I get when I try and use it: [IMG] submitted by /u/jack1589 [link] [comments]
  9. Why does playing from my local xbox in remote play lags?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does playing from my local xbox in remote play lags?: cloud streaming does not lag in my phone. But playing from remote play lags. submitted by /u/capitalggamer1 [link] [comments]
  10. I'm getting a static audio when using remote play even with a headset. Does anyone have a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    I'm getting a static audio when using remote play even with a headset. Does anyone have a fix?: Please submitted by /u/Emaculates [link] [comments]