Xbox Remote Play not accepting Xbox controller input

Discus and support Xbox Remote Play not accepting Xbox controller input in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to phone. Works in app until I start Remote Play. Once launched... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Dirty Kraut36, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Xbox Remote Play not accepting Xbox controller input

Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to phone. Works in app until I start Remote Play. Once launched the system doesn't accept inputs..... controller can still access phone options so it's still connected.

:)

Dirty Kraut36, Jul 14, 2021
  2. snoopycbr Win User

Xbox one console unusable after controller disconnects and reconnects

Oh i forgot the remote control via the smartglass App also didnt work it said connecteted but the console dont accept any inputs same behavior like the controllers
  3. Jack T. Chance Win User

Having trouble getting the new Xbox 360 Media Remote to work with my Xbox 360 console.

Update to my last post:

If you have the current version of the Xbox 360 Dashboard, follow this command path -- System Settings > Console Settings > Remote Control

You will see 2 options listed: "Both Remotes" (allows you to use either the Xbox 360 Media Remote or a Windows Media Center Remote) and "Xbox 360 Media Remote" (sets the system to accept input from only an Official Xbox 360 Media Remote, or an Officially Licensed
    3rd party equivalent.) Make sure your system is set to "Xbox 360 Media Remote" then exit out of the System Settings menus and try the remote again.

I hope that helps. :)
  4. EddieHendrickson Win User

Xbox one remote & AV inputs

With the Xbox One Media Remote, there would not be a way to switch AV inputs. It is for controlling the Xbox One console itself and the media on the console only, and thus would have no way to switch your TV's input.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Dish Network Parental Passcode

If the DVR software is prompting you to input a passcode, this can only be done with the DVR remote, as the DVR is the actual device asking you for a parental passcode (not the Xbox).

The Xbox One only simply shows what's being sent to the HDMI-input -- the Xbox has no actual control over the connected HDMI device.

There is no way to use the DVR user interface with the Xbox One controller, if that's what you're asking. Just stick with the DVR remote!
  6. The Fuzz 53 Win User

2/14 Update broke harmony remote functionality for TV app.

I just tried using the play, FF, Rew, etc, using my Xbox One controller and they work fine. The problem has to do with being input from the Harmony remote, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense because the Xbox One gets the signal from the Harmony remote,
    but then doesn't output it to the Directv box.
Thema:

Xbox Remote Play not accepting Xbox controller input

1. Xbox Remote Play not accepting Xbox controller input - Similar Threads - Remote Play accepting

2. Is it possible to use Xbox remote play to play local co-op games with multiple non Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to use Xbox remote play to play local co-op games with multiple non Xbox...: I have tried Xbox remote play on my PC. It's works great with my dualshock controller. But when I wish to play some local co-op games with others, the Xbox remote play only define all connected...
  3. Remote play (from your own console) should be accessible through Xbox cloud on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play (from your own console) should be accessible through Xbox cloud on PC: The feature already exists through the Xbox mobile phone app, I need this on PC as well. Make it available through Xbox.com/play or just through the xbox PC app. The main benefits I've had...
  4. Xbox remote play on iOS and Discord

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox remote play on iOS and Discord: I’m trying to play on my iPhone with remote play through Xbox app while using Discord for audio chat. With Discord on background the audio from the Xbox app is no longer heard. How can I solve...
  5. Remote play on iOS lagging and not connecting

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play on iOS lagging and not connecting: Remote play was lagging 2 days ago and now is not connecting to my Xbox submitted by /u/rescuereli1 [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox remote play: Ok so I'm new to the remote play aspect. I have a Bluetooth controller and the Xbox app downloaded. I have gone thru the setup also. Where can I find which games are playable on my phone? So far...
  7. Remote Play Unavailable

in XBoX on Mobile
    Remote Play Unavailable: The remote play feature on the Xbox app was working until I keep getting this message: Remote play is unavailable. Please try again in a bit. Something went wrong. I already did restarting &...
  8. Black screen for remote play - any fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen for remote play - any fix?: Getting black screen when I try remote play. I tried to fix with: *2 different xbox consoles *full shut down/restart xbox *removing the xbox from the android ap and adding it back on...
  9. Whenever the system needs to be updated, I can't play remote games, but I can switch the...

in XboX Insiders
    Whenever the system needs to be updated, I can't play remote games, but I can switch the...: Whenever the system needs to be updated, I can't use the remote connection normally. I want to know whether the system can be updated automatically (the automatic update in the setting has been...
  10. Xbox Game Pass Cloud Gaming / Remote Play D-Pad and Joysticks not working? Fix:

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass Cloud Gaming / Remote Play D-Pad and Joysticks not working? Fix:: I came across this problem of the D-Pad and joystick not working on mobile today and finally managed to fix it for myself. As you may have already found out it's something to do with Android 11....