Xbox remote play problem: Unable to sign in- Your account requires additional...

Discus and support Xbox remote play problem: Unable to sign in- Your account requires additional... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Whenever I try to remote play on my xbox console from my android phone the green rocketship pops up and it loads and then it says, "Unable to sign in,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Full-Advantage-4903, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Xbox remote play problem: Unable to sign in- Your account requires additional...

Whenever I try to remote play on my xbox console from my android phone the green rocketship pops up and it loads and then it says, "Unable to sign in, your account requires addition authentication on the console to sign in." I do not know what this means and I have tried to see what authentication it means by checking my console but nothing ever pops up. What does this mean?

submitted by /u/Full-Advantage-4903
    [link] [comments]

/u/Full-Advantage-4903, Apr 14, 2021
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

On Xbox 360, how do you stop someone else whose on another system from signing into your profile?

Console steps: Remotely require a profile password

Sign in to Xbox LIVE with your account.

Go to Settings, select Account and then select Account Security.

Select Password at Sign In.

Select On All Other Consoles.

This option makes it so that all other consoles require your Microsoft account password for sign in (or redownloading of your Xbox LIVE profile).
  3. DangerousBard Win User

Xbox One Account and locking one out?

Password protect your Xbox Live profile remotely

If your Xbox Live profile is downloaded to another console and it’s not password protected or your password becomes compromised, you can remotely remove the password so that your profile can’t be accessed. Here’s how:

Step 1: Change your Microsoft account

Go to accounts.live.com and sign in with your Microsoft account.

Under Account information, click Change next to Password.

Alternatively, you can change your Microsoft account password from your console by following the steps at Change your Microsoft account password.

Note If your downloaded Xbox Live profile doesn’t require a password at sign in (the Remember Password option is turned on), changing your Microsoft account password won’t prevent someone from signing into your Xbox Live profile. In this case, you need to
    complete the next step.

Step 2: Require a password to sign in

Remove your Microsoft account password so that your Xbox Live profile can’t be accessed from other consoles. You can do this:

On your computer

On your Xbox console

Computer steps: Remotely require a profile password

Go to My Account.

Under Settings & Preferences, click Xbox 360 Profile Protection.

Sign in with the Microsoft account (email address and password) that is associated with your Xbox Live account.

Select Require Profile Download to require that your profile be redownloaded from Xbox Live, using your Microsoft account and password, before it can be used on a console. Any existing copies of your profile will no longer work, and profile changes or
    achievements that are not saved to Xbox Live will be lost.

Sign in to Xbox Live with your account.

Go to Settings, select Account and then select Account Security.

Select Password at Sign In.

Select On All Other Consoles.

If you choose this option, all other consoles will require your Microsoft account password for sign in (or redownloading of your Xbox Live profile).

If you believe your Xbox Live account has been compromised go to Xbox Live account security.

Important Unfortunately, Xbox LIVE customer support cannot reset Microsoft account passwords. If you need to request a Microsoft account password reset, please contact customer support.
  4. IRB Win User

No Barriers Password Change

For most things selecting no barriers will not require your friend to sign in with your password while using the console, but there are a few account options (like purchasing options) that will require a password for security reasons, and this will
    cause your friend issues on his xbox if he doesn't know your password.
    As mentioned by steeledwand7664 this isn't accurate. When you change your password, the console will prompt for it the next time it tries to sign in. This is a security measure, and at present the only method to remotely stop an account being used as you
    can't remove an account remotely like you used to on the Xbox 360.
  5. GameLikeLucky Win User

How can I delete my Xbox profile on a different xbox?

Unfortunately, there is no way to remotely remove your account. What you can do is either change your password for your account and that will disable it on their console or you can implement a passcode requirement when you sign on.
  6. onyxishere Win User

stolen Xbox 360

Password protect your Xbox LIVE profile remotely

If your Xbox LIVE profile is downloaded to another console and it’s not password protected or your password becomes comprised, you can remotely remove the password so that your profile can’t be accessed. Here’s how:

Step 1: Change your Microsoft account

If someone else knows your Microsoft account password, change your Microsoft account password. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Windows Live Sign In and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    2. Under Account information, click Change next to Password.
    Alternatively, you can change your Microsoft account password from your console using the steps on this page: Manage your Microsoft account.

Note If your downloaded Xbox LIVE profile doesn’t require a password at sign in (the Remember Password option is On), changing your Microsoft account password won’t prevent someone from signing into your Xbox LIVE profile. In this case,
    you need to complete the next step.

Step 2: Require a password to sign in

Remove your Microsoft account password so that your Xbox LIVE profile can’t be accessed from other consoles. Here’s how:

Computer steps: Remotely require a profile password

1. Go to My Account.
    2. Under Settings & Preferences, click Xbox 360 Profile Protection.
    3. Sign in with the Microsoft account (email and password) that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account.
    4. The number of consoles where a sign-in password is not required is displayed.
    5. Select Protect Profile to require that your profile be redownloaded from Xbox LIVE, using your Microsoft account and password, before it can be used on a console. All existing copies of your profile will no longer work and any profile changes
      or achievements not saved to Xbox LIVE will be lost.

1. Sign in to Xbox LIVE with your account.
    2. Go to Settings, select Account and then select Account Security.
    3. Select Password at Sign In.
    4. Select On All Other Consoles.
    This option makes it so that all other consoles require your Microsoft account password for sign in (or redownloading of your Xbox LIVE profile).

If you believe your Xbox LIVE account has been compromised go to Xbox LIVE Account Security.
Thema:

Xbox remote play problem: Unable to sign in- Your account requires additional...

1. Xbox remote play problem: Unable to sign in- Your account requires additional... - Similar Threads - remote play problem

2. keeping a person off my remote play

in XBoX on Mobile
    keeping a person off my remote play: any ideals on how to keep a person off my xbox account hes using the remote play 77f95961-18fa-4a61-9289-bcb048ca8197
  3. Series x remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x remote play: Anyone know why when I use remote play the screen of the tv flashes for a second and the picture on the tv is more dull and washed out but looks fine on my phone? After disconnecting remote play...
  4. Remote Play very laggy on multiple devices compared to my PS5

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play very laggy on multiple devices compared to my PS5: Hello everyone, I am having very bad lag on remote play. I was trying to play Star Wars Squadrons and I could barely play it due to the lag. For comparison, I am able to play my PS5 with no lag...
  5. I’m trying to do Remote Play but it’s saying “Looks like it’s no longer set up for remote...

in XboX Insiders
    I’m trying to do Remote Play but it’s saying “Looks like it’s no longer set up for remote...: Help! My console is still set up for remote play but it’s giving me that message submitted by /u/PugISuppose [link] [comments]
  6. Remote Play Network Issues “your network may be experiencing problems” icon

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play Network Issues “your network may be experiencing problems” icon: When I use remote play I almost constant get the “your network my be experiencing problems” icon in the top left. I am using and orbi ac3000 mesh net work and my Xbox series x is hardwired into...
  7. Why do I get "Your network may be experiencing some problems" on remote play on Android?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Why do I get "Your network may be experiencing some problems" on remote play on Android?: I used to be able to play on my Android locally (same network) and remotely (in another city) without any problem. Now I get the message "Your network may be experiencing some problems" and the...
  8. problem to use xbox series s controller in remote play to IoS

in XBoX on Mobile
    problem to use xbox series s controller in remote play to IoS: hello, i have an issue rigarding the xbox series s controller when i play in remote. actually the controller can pair and connect to the phone (iphone xs). but then when the main page lobby of the...
  9. Controller remote play problem

in XBoX on Mobile
    Controller remote play problem: Controller, app and Xbox are all up to date but for some reason when i connect my Bluetooth xbox controller to my phone (pixel 3) the joysticks don't work while in the xbox app. It works on my...
  10. Remote play problem - A button registers select but won’t do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play problem - A button registers select but won’t do anything: When i launch remote play i can move the controller around and thr selector moves through the menu as expected. When i press the A button, it shows the attempt to select but nothing launches. My...