Xbox Remote Play saying Xbox is Off (while its on) from a distance - WIndows 10

Discus and support Xbox Remote Play saying Xbox is Off (while its on) from a distance - WIndows 10 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the Xbox Remote Play setup - I have left my home where the Xbox has been left on so I could use while away. - However, I have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Milkskey, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Milkskey
    Milkskey Guest

I have the Xbox Remote Play setup

-

I have left my home where the Xbox has been left on so I could use while away.

-

However, I have tried connecting my laptop's Xbox companion app (which is what I use normally at home) and It says the Xbox is off, and refuses to turn on. So then I tried my phone, and to nobody's surprise it connects with relative ease, however it is horrible to use due to it being an old android phone and having a 2.4 frequency band limit. I'd much rather use my laptop for remote play if possible,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this.

I'm open for discussion at anytime, feel free to respond whenever

:)

Milkskey, Jun 24, 2021
  2. stuthemonkey Win User

Remote play on Mac

Since the remote play is truely a feature of Windows 10 playing on a mac without Windows 10 will not work.

I can confirm however that running a windows 10 parallels VM will in fact let you play and stream the xbox from my macbook pro.
  3. yobrizo Win User

Remote Play Xbox Windows 10

the idea of xcloud is that, to be able to play your xbox games anywhere. throughout 2020 will go to the different countries
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Remote Play Xbox Windows 10

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently seeking a way to play games from home on another network.

Currently, the only that works similar in this way would be Xbox Game Streaming. This essentially allow you to use your console at home as a server,
    and you can then launch your games of your mobile phone.

This however, does not allow you to play them on another console. This would at most require you to have an external hard disk drive so that you can transfer your games in this method. You will still need to connect to Xbox Live to sync your save data as
    well.

Alternatively, Xbox Play Anywhere titles allow you to play these games across a Windows 10 device, or an Xbox One console.

I'm hope this was able to clear up any confusion about this matter.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

xbox

Play anywhere games can be run on your Xbox and PC.

You can also stream games from your console to your PC.

Game Streaming

What is game streaming?

Game streaming is the ability to play Xbox One games remotely from your Xbox One console on any Windows 10 PC on your home network.

• This feature allows you to leave your living room and play your favorite Xbox One games anywhere with access to your home network.
    • Game streaming uses the power of the Xbox One console to manage the game. Your Windows 10 PC becomes a remote second screen so you can roam freely around your home while continuing to enjoy your Xbox One console and games
  6. ChaoticLlama42 Win User

Minecraft windows 10 edition, export map to Desktop version of minecraft.

To my knowledge the windows 10 version of Minecraft is written in C++ compared to java so it wont be compatible as the windows 10 version is a UWP app which allows it to play with Xbox one and PC while the java version is standalone, you can export worlds
    from xbox to windows 10 but not from windows 10 version to java, I hope that clears up your concern
Thema:

1. Xbox Remote Play saying Xbox is Off (while its on) from a distance - WIndows 10 - Similar Threads - Remote Play saying

2. Is it possible to use Xbox remote play to play local co-op games with multiple non Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to use Xbox remote play to play local co-op games with multiple non Xbox...: I have tried Xbox remote play on my PC. It's works great with my dualshock controller. But when I wish to play some local co-op games with others, the Xbox remote play only define all connected...
  3. Remote play (from your own console) should be accessible through Xbox cloud on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play (from your own console) should be accessible through Xbox cloud on PC: The feature already exists through the Xbox mobile phone app, I need this on PC as well. Make it available through Xbox.com/play or just through the xbox PC app. The main benefits I've had...
  4. Xbox remote play on iOS and Discord

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox remote play on iOS and Discord: I’m trying to play on my iPhone with remote play through Xbox app while using Discord for audio chat. With Discord on background the audio from the Xbox app is no longer heard. How can I solve...
  5. Remote play on iOS lagging and not connecting

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play on iOS lagging and not connecting: Remote play was lagging 2 days ago and now is not connecting to my Xbox submitted by /u/rescuereli1 [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox remote play: Ok so I'm new to the remote play aspect. I have a Bluetooth controller and the Xbox app downloaded. I have gone thru the setup also. Where can I find which games are playable on my phone? So far...
  7. Remote Play Unavailable

in XBoX on Mobile
    Remote Play Unavailable: The remote play feature on the Xbox app was working until I keep getting this message: Remote play is unavailable. Please try again in a bit. Something went wrong. I already did restarting &...
  8. Black screen for remote play - any fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen for remote play - any fix?: Getting black screen when I try remote play. I tried to fix with: *2 different xbox consoles *full shut down/restart xbox *removing the xbox from the android ap and adding it back on...
  9. Whenever the system needs to be updated, I can't play remote games, but I can switch the...

in XboX Insiders
    Whenever the system needs to be updated, I can't play remote games, but I can switch the...: Whenever the system needs to be updated, I can't use the remote connection normally. I want to know whether the system can be updated automatically (the automatic update in the setting has been...
  10. I’m trying to do Remote Play but it’s saying “Looks like it’s no longer set up for remote...

in XboX Insiders
    I’m trying to do Remote Play but it’s saying “Looks like it’s no longer set up for remote...: Help! My console is still set up for remote play but it’s giving me that message submitted by /u/PugISuppose [link] [comments]