Xbox Request - Better options for external / internal drive options.

Discus and support Xbox Request - Better options for external / internal drive options. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just wanted to throw out a certain feature that I think would do well on console. In extreme short, I want to be able to toss any external drive I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jamiller13, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Xbox Request - Better options for external / internal drive options.

I just wanted to throw out a certain feature that I think would do well on console. In extreme short, I want to be able to toss any external drive I want at the console and it be capable of saturating the bandwidth for reads (at least). So, M.2 external? Yes, I want the console capable of accepting all that data with no bottlenecks. Thats what I want, realistic is likely something less. Gen 2 USB 3.1? I just detest load times. I know, I know - I have seen the statements on load times, but I really do not like taxing an internal drive. Most def want external, or an ability to hotswap in an M.2 directly would also be super nice and greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/jamiller13
    [link] [comments]

/u/jamiller13, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Randver Win User

Resuming Games from External HD

@COD

Most external drives aren't designed for continuous data transfer, they get hot. External setups with fans or at a minimum large vented cases (preferably aluminum) will disperse the heat better. Docking stations if the One sees them as external rather than
    internal would also be a better option.

Basically if your buying the cheap external drives designed for backup duties then expect them to be disposable if your gaming off them. They aren't going to last the decade or so they normally would under normal circumstances.

They are also pulling power from your console so going the powered external route is also a better option. Best option.....replace your internal.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox Acting Weird

The external hard drive could be having a hardware issue. I would suggest picking a game you are having trouble with and via the manage game option migrate it to the internal disk. As another option you could de-install the game and then re-download
    it to the internal drive.
  4. Burnin TODI Win User

Xbox One External Drive Specs???

The best option I think is to have replaceable internal drives and external support....wish MS would have taken that route.
  5. I Smokee Bho Win User

Do you think Microsoft should allow Xbox One users to Upgrade their Hard-Drives, or offer a service giving users options for them to Upgrade our hard-drives for us?

You guys aren't getting what I meant, It would be better to have a better performing internal hard drive then external with that being said and ssd would be best. I was not saying microsoft shouldn't allow the option for external hard drives they should
    because then you can bring downloaded games where ever you go which would be great when going to a friends house.

A internal ssd hard-drive would make the performance much more smoother and faster like said before you will increase the speeds of your install, boot, and load times for items that you want on the internal memory.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Can I download my digital games onto external hard drive

Plug the external hard drive into a USB port on the XBOX. The USB drive needs to be at least USB 3.0 and 256GB or larger. Go into the system settings and storage, locate the drive, run a quick format on it. Once that is done you can set that drive as
    the default install option for your games. Any current games on the internal storage can be migrated over by going to that game choose the manage game option and migrate to the external drive if you like.
Thema:

Xbox Request - Better options for external / internal drive options.

1. Xbox Request - Better options for external / internal drive options. - Similar Threads - Request Better options

2. Request a call

in XBoX on Consoles
    Request a call: I call 18004myxbox it gives me a link saying to click request a call! Been going back and forth for an hour now, can not request a call anywhere! How do I friggen talk to someone!!!...
  3. Xbox Requests: Week of November 15th, 2019

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of November 15th, 2019: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  4. xCloud Performance and Phone Recommendations Request

in XboX Insiders
    xCloud Performance and Phone Recommendations Request: I get pretty poor performance on xCloud and I am pretty sure it is because of my phone (I have the Galaxy S7 edge). I haven't tested it on my wife's phone (though I plan to today, she has the...
  5. BRUTE FORCE Request to make it playble for xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    BRUTE FORCE Request to make it playble for xbox one x: Hi everybody I have a xbox one x and I would like to play with BRUTE FORCE from xbox first generation.. I tried already but it does not work... Can somebody help me?...
  6. Every Club including the one I created and own, Is Request to join

in XboX Insiders
    Every Club including the one I created and own, Is Request to join: Member of several clubs and own one. They are all asking to Request to Join. I can't even get to the feed of the club I created and still own. Occurred after latest ASA update Nov 14 . Have Full...
  7. Request

in XboX Insiders
    Request: We have the clock when pressing the "x" button on the controller can we get the date under or above said time? It can't be that hard to code the date into the current area... Can we try to...
  8. I put in a request for a refund for monster hunter world iceborne digital deluxe edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I put in a request for a refund for monster hunter world iceborne digital deluxe edition: I bought it because i was interested in it at first but as soon as i got hands on playing with it, i felt my interest go down the drain as i didnt realise how indepth it is and that it was so...
  9. Request For Better IE App Controls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request For Better IE App Controls: If any devs are out there, can we PLEASE have better controls for the IE App? I love being able to pull up internet explorer and being able to search for stuff side by side with my games, however...
  10. Better chat support - Request

in XBoX on Consoles
    Better chat support - Request: I am a YouTuber and I record trolls for my videos and it's extremely hard to do on the Xbox One. There needs to be a feature where you can plug in the chat headset and let it only use the mic only...